Comparing Districts 21-3A and 22-3A

ST413

There has already been some talk of playoff matchups between these  two districts.  I wanted to as the question "Which district has the upper hand this year?"Its going to be hard to say this year because most of the schedules have had a lot of weaker teams or teams having down years this year. The playoff favorites in each district seem to be WOS, Silsbee, and BC in 21-3A and Coldspring, Huffman and Cleveland or maybe Liberty in 22-3A.  So far the toughest schedule has been WOS, then Silsbee .  BC's tougher games have been 5A Vidor and Kelly.  Coldspring no doubt has a good team but their schedule has been weak,  not sure how good Madisonville or Crockett are this year. Huffman has played a good Kingwood Park team and Kashmere(not sure about them) the rest of their schedule has been pretty weak. Cleveland has played some competive games but were beat by the Tigers 42-14 so I am not sure what to expect from them. Liberty's schedule before Huffman,  had Kelly as their strongest opponent.  So far the records of the top 3 teams favor 22-3A but that is due to WOS losing some tough games to tough opponents. With all of this considered, the first round matchups this year should be quite interesting.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1069338" timestamp="1317350287"]
I simply see 21-3A going 2-1 in those first round games.

DI    Silsbee defeats Huffman

DII  WOS defeats Cleveland
DII  Coldspring defeats Bridge City
[/quote]
I think thats a good assesment. Out of those the closest has to be the Tigers-Falcons.

[quote name="ST413" post="1069341" timestamp="1317350409"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89038.msg1069338#msg1069338 date=1317350287]

[/quote]
I think thats a good assesment. Out of those the closest has to be the Tigers-Falcons.
[/quote]

Yep.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1069344" timestamp="1317350519"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89038.msg1069338#msg1069338 date=1317350287]

[/quote]

2nd round Silsbee is out of there!!
[/quote]

Ya mad, bro?

[quote name="bambam33" post="1069391" timestamp="1317354491"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=89038.msg1069390#msg1069390 date=1317354426]
That Cleveland team you are talking about was beaten by Silsbee 42-14....
[/quote]

Whats your point? It was the first game of the season. I have them losing to WOS.
[/quote]

2nd game.

Actually it was the second game of the season, you had WOS winning but with ?? At this point,  WOS winning shouldn't be too questionable.  WOS has to be the favorite over my Tigers, and if that is the case shouldn't be much of a question on if they will beat Cleveland or not. 

I have no problem with that,don't think I agree with the first one but like I said earlier that should be the closest one.  Huffman hasn't beaten anyone to prove themselves to me yet.  However,  the Tigers have some young players in key positions so come playoff time a lot will depend upon how they perform.

Alright Cleveland made the playoffs, now i can relax some. But really can't really say on the SILSBEE vs HUFFMAN. I do know when the TIGERS started clicking, they were strong, I have not seen Huffman yet this year and yes Silsbee beat Cleveland in the second half. Like Silsbee we have alot of sophmores starting and going both ways, in key posistions. if they can pull it together and play 4 quartes, I think WOS would also have to play a really good game to win. Coldsprings, I'll go with that.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1069338" timestamp="1317350287"]

[/quote]
WOS beats LIBERTY, not Cleveland, with the fact that Cleveland lost their stars, aside from Franks, and lost one rusher to Liberty, I don't see them winning. Let's remember Huffman beat Liberty even worse last year and Liberty still beat Cleveland, heading out tomorrow to watch Cleveland play ill comment back if i change my mind but as of now CS,Huffman,Liberty.

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1069409" timestamp="1317359974"]
Alright Cleveland made the playoffs, now i can relax some. But really can't really say on the SILSBEE vs HUFFMAN. I do know when the TIGERS started clicking, they were strong, I have not seen Huffman yet this year and yes Silsbee beat Cleveland in the second half. Like Silsbee we have alot of sophmores starting and going both ways, in key posistions. if they can pull it together and play 4 quartes, I think WOS would also have to play a really good game to win. Coldsprings, I'll go with that.
[/quote]
Go ahead and relax, let's remember this 4-1 Liberty team was getting all the hype until the slip up against Huffman, who handled them last year as well. Liberty is still a good team and shouldn't be thrown out of playoff talk. Liberty's secondary is absolutely terrible, they will match up better with a running team in Cleveland.

I haven't seen either team play, I didn't make it to Cleveland when they played Silsbee.  They have played some competitive games and I feel their opponents have been stronger than Liberty's.  Liberty's 4 wins were against 3 weak football schools and a private school,  not very strong competition,  if I had pick based on that it would be Cleveland.  Good luck to both.

[quote name="AOO7" post="1069411" timestamp="1317360490"]
[quote author=Indian Fan link=topic=89038.msg1069409#msg1069409 date=1317359974]
[/quote]
Go ahead and relax, let's remember this 4-1 Liberty team was getting all the hype until the slip up against Huffman, who handled them last year as well. Liberty is still a good team and shouldn't be thrown out of playoff talk. Liberty's secondary is absolutely terrible, they will match up better with a running team in Cleveland.
[/quote]

Hey I don't count anyone out, anything can happen on Friday Night. As far as all the hype, Liberty was getting all that they could produce. It's just hard to talk alot of hype after Huffman put it on them. As far as Clevland losing it's stars last year, i'll agree 50% we did lose a few good players, but was still 2-8 last year. my point is, this is not last year. if you think the Cleveland that you played last year is going to show up in a few weeks, your wrong. This is all my opinion, we will see in four weeks.

liberty beat cleveland last year easily and liberty is a lot better this year. i'm thinkin none of you were at the huffman v liberty game.. they won by 3 td's one came with like 30 seconds left while liberty was expecting them to run out the clock.. go figure. liberty has a terrible secondary which was missing a starting safety and simply got torched.. wasn't as dominating IMO as the final score indicates.. i have liberty making it to the playoffs over cleveland. time will tell tho..

Also, Liberty scored on a busted play on 4th and long.  Huffman did control the game after the 1st Liberty possesion.  Liberty is a better team than last year but I believe Cleveland is also.  This should be a good game.

Back to the topic. 
Coldspring
WOS
Huffman- in a coin toss. 

Good luck to all the teams, and hopefully everyone stays healthy.

[quote name="bambam33" post="1069403" timestamp="1317356584"]
Ohhhh....k! LOL....... Let me repeat myself 413 maybe in simpler terms.
Huffman over Silsbee
Coldspring over Bridge City
WOS OVER CLEVELAND.......without a question mark! Better?
[/quote]

Don't see Huffman beating Silsbee man. Silsbee is better that when Jeremy Johnson and Silsbee beat y'all twice.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1069603" timestamp="1317397951"]
[quote author=bambam33 link=topic=89038.msg1069403#msg1069403 date=1317356584]
Ohhhh....k! LOL....... Let me repeat myself 413 maybe in simpler terms.
Huffman over Silsbee
Coldspring over Bridge City
WOS OVER CLEVELAND.......without a question mark! Better?
[/quote]

Don't see Huffman beating Silsbee man. Silsbee is better that when Jeremy Johnson and Silsbee beat y'all twice.
[/quote]

Have you seen Huffman play this year? I am tellin ya all, dont you overlook Huffman in the first round. Their D is better than last year by ten fold and the offense is beginning to click on all cylinders. Good luck to all the teams this weekend. Time is flying by so enjoy your week to week games!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder