• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bulldogbacker" post="1068464" timestamp="1317242659"]
Razor

loan me some money and I'll vote yes :D :D
[/quote]
the bond issue didnt pass in nederland...strictly because they deal with the outer city limits that is nederland and that they were gunna eliminate jobs if they put up new schools...

The reason the bond didn't pass was because they pushed for too much at a bad time. PNGs bond passed before the economy tanked. Nederlands bond was up for vote after the fact. It was also too much. They wanted to completely tear down three of the elementary schools and that's just unnecessary. I personally voted yes but that's simply because of the stadium renovations. I think the vote was like 21 for and 79 against. Not sure what Nederlands gonna have to do to pass one. Making it more reasonable is a start though. Nobody said that the money from the refineries was to pays refs lol. The money certainly helps with funding projects and new equipment, etc. though. I'm not naïve enough to think that png will always have an upperhand on Nederland with these things though. Nederland is landlocked and doesn't have the benefit of two communities and refineries.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1068536" timestamp="1317249154"]
The reason the bond didn't pass was because they pushed for too much at a bad time. PNGs bond passed before the economy tanked. Nederlands bond was up for vote after the fact. It was also too much.[b] They wanted to completely tear down three of the elementary schools and that's just unnecessary. [/b] I personally voted yes but that's simply because of the stadium renovations. I think the vote was like 21 for and 79 against. Not sure what Nederlands gonna have to do to pass one. Making it more reasonable is a start though. Nobody said that the money from the refineries was to pays refs lol. The money certainly helps with funding projects and new equipment, etc. though. I'm not naïve enough to think that png will always have an upperhand on Nederland with these things though. Nederland is landlocked and doesn't have the benefit of two communities and refineries.
[/quote]

Looking back I honestly think we would have been better off to tear down a couple more of our schools and build new ones. The two oldest were PN Elementary and Groves Elementary and should have been done like we did the middle schools. I feel that is the right approach as opposed to going through upgrades in two bond projects in less than ten years.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1068536" timestamp="1317249154"]
The reason the bond didn't pass was because they pushed for too much at a bad time. PNGs bond passed before the economy tanked. Nederlands bond was up for vote after the fact. It was also too much. They wanted to completely tear down three of the elementary schools and that's just unnecessary. I personally voted yes but that's simply because of the stadium renovations. I think the vote was like 21 for and 79 against. Not sure what Nederlands gonna have to do to pass one. Making it more reasonable is a start though. Nobody said that the money from the refineries was to pays refs lol. The money certainly helps with funding projects and new equipment, etc. though. I'm not naïve enough to think that png will always have an upperhand on Nederland with these things though. Nederland is landlocked and doesn't have the benefit of two communities and refineries.
[/quote]

The Administration is working on one now for 1 school.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1068572" timestamp="1317253341"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=88766.msg1068536#msg1068536 date=1317249154]
[/quote]

The Administration is working on one now for 1 school.
[/quote]
I know this is not the purpose if the thread but I could not help myself to comment. Im still puzzled about the perception of the failed bond. 1- would have not lost any jobs. 2 - the value of our homes will go down if we do not invest in our schools... so it will cost you either way. 3- PNG did the right thing and think they understand better than we do what it does for the kids, community, and the ovrall png economy. I know of a dozen folks that moved to mid county in the last 8 months and they all built or purchased homes in port neches because of the shools.

I think some of us have good thoughts but don't look at the facts. PNG has only averaged around 35 points a game and they haven't played Nederland. We have held most teams under 200 yards so I don't think it's going to be as high scoring as some may think. I believe it will be a close game with the scores in the 20 point range. But one thing is for sure, we will know by the end of the night Friday.

[quote name="ndn2016" post="1068694" timestamp="1317263458"]
Trocket saw a good game last week that ended up 42 to 28. The score did not tell how good and close the game was till about 2 or 3 minutes were left.
[/quote]You are right, I haven't seen NED, but I know how good PNG is. I wasn't just looking at the scores, I was looking at the teams in the trenches. If I tell you PNG has a very good Team I mean it. The score doesn't always tell the true story. I don't think NED will be able to run the ball the way they think against this team.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Nederland is going to win the battle in the trenches on BOTH sides of the ball. No doubt. Only way PNG wins is if they pass early and pass often. Nederland will be able to run the ball a lot better than these png fans are giving them credit for. Look for Nederland to be in control of the clock. Benjamin and Hopkins are two backs with different styles.  I also have a feeling we will see the wild dog this week. I would love to see Hopkins or Shaw as the wild dog.

[quote name="Razor" post="1068780" timestamp="1317297474"]
Nederland gives up an average of 18 per game with 20 being the most allowed so far and that includes allowing 13 to a BH team that hung 31 on Dayton (allowed only 7 in regulation)
[/quote]

Not too shabby! I 've said it all year that our opponents will struggle against our 'D', and tomorrow night is no different.
I think we need 24pts to win this game, and our 'D' will continue their strong play.

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1068882" timestamp="1317312958"]
I am not aware of anyone, that thinks our running game is better than Livingston's most have agreed that it is getting better each week. What we do agree on is that our defense does not give up a lot of points.
[/quote]
We are not any other team We are Png  we score hard and fast your defense is no where near better than our offense

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw