MID-COUNTY MADDNESS!

bulldawg64

Who wins?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Nederland
    • Port Neches

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1066968" timestamp="1317076320"]
I would like the png fans to list their excuses now. When nederland wins, what excuses are you going to give? We all know that you will all refuse to admit it when you get beat by a better Nederland team. So get them out of your system now because I will call every one of you out if you use excuses after the game... Most obnoxious people on earth=png fans.. I don't know why everyone says we are cool every week out of the year except this week. I hate everything about png and I hope they lose every week. Sorry, ill never show up at a png game in support if they are in the playoffs. Be ready for an 0-2 start purple people..
[/quote]

You know, it's posts like these that make me lose faith in people.

I don't know how many times I've said it, but I honestly believe that this is the fiercest rivalry of any school anywhere. PN-G elementary students are taught to hate black and gold and Nederland elementary students are taught to break purple crayons. Long-time friends and even family from both sides of the tracks constantly find themselves making fun of the rival schools and taking friendly shots at each other year round. At the game, the two sides are constantly trying to make more noise than the other and drown each other's fight songs out, sometimes even booing the opposing team or the other mascot. Even outside of the game, PN-G and Nederland students alike find themselves comparing their schools' accomplishments in any given field - not just sports.

But beneath the constant one-upmanship and behind all of the fierce competition, there's a strong bond between these two communities. Most of the kids out on the field at MCM have grown up together, whether they be holding the football, an instrument or a pair of pom-poms. Heck, most of the people in the two crowds grew up together. Many people live in Nederland and go to church in Port Neches or Groves and vice versa. Many live in one community and work in another, and almost all interact with one another regularly. Things like Mid-County Kindness exemplify the strengths of the bond and the competitiveness is part of what keeps the schools - and the communities at large - performing so well.

I know most people believe that and genuinely mean the jokes and the swipes in good fun; I joke about Nederland a lot too, maybe even a little too much, but I'm just doing it to rattle a few cages, just like most Nederland fans do it to ruffle a few feathers. And then I read posts like the one above, and I just have to sit back and wonder. Keep it in perspective, folks.

Scalp 'em.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Kiandn" post="1067004" timestamp="1317080082"]
Hey bulldog which do you prefer in consession stand  Purina or Alpo?????? We want to be considerate
[/quote]

Is it too much to ask for some Science Diet at the Rez???

Maybe some of you png fans should read your own web sight and you will see what makes you so disliked. Check out the James Ware thread  that turns into a conversation about the kids from Nederland being suspended and the BS that squaw is spewing like she knows something and that this would never happen at png, yall are better than that and how Neumann only cares about winning but yall care about your kids to much for that. The whole thing makes me sick, and you say keep it classy!!!!

[quote name="football04" post="1067233" timestamp="1317093493"]
Maybe some of you png fans should read your own web sight and you will see what makes you so disliked. Check out the James Ware thread  that turns into a conversation about the kids from Nederland being suspended and the BS that squaw is spewing like she knows something and that this would never happen at png, yall are better than that and how Neumann only cares about winning but yall care about your kids to much for that. The whole thing makes me sick, and you say keep it classy!!!!
[/quote]

While I rarely agree with squaw's actions, bear in mind that she's a 70+ year old woman. That and you'll never find her saying she refuses to support Nederland in its other games or that she hopes they lose every game all season.

[quote author=The-NHS link=topic=88766.msg1067202#msg1067202 date=1317091701]
[quote author=Kiandn link=topic=88766.msg1067004#msg1067004 date=1317080082]
Hey bulldog which do you prefer in consession stand  Purina or Alpo?????? We want to be considerate
[/quote]

Is it too much to ask for some Science Diet at the Rez???
[/quote]

Nah, too expensive. ;) ;D

If y'all are good dogs, though, we might give you some leftovers from the concessions stand on our side. :D

[quote name="pngfan66" post="1067155" timestamp="1317089461"]
Actually if you think about it, BH fans are more obnoxious than PNG and Nederland fans combined !!! ;)
[/quote]

I agree! BH fans will say anything and everything. They are ruthless!! Vidor fans were pretty rabid last week too. We all know there's hatred between Ned and PNG, so what's there to say? We've been talking noise to each other way before message boards, Internet, or even computers!
When it comes to Ned/PNG you can throw all stats and records out the window. Gonna be a Dawg fight as always. Just hope for a clean game, no injuries, and a Bulldog 'W'!

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1067288" timestamp="1317095957"]
Take it to em Bulldogs . PNG fans cant stay classy when they have never been classy but instead have been the exact opposite
[/quote]
Well said raider. Problem with png fans is that they keep saying how classy they are but they are the most two faced group of people as a whole. You aren't fooling anyone so quit trying. And if you think there aren't other people in Nederland or png that feel the same way I do, then you're delusional. This rivalry just isn't the same without some trash talk right?

In other news, scientists say they have found a sign of intelligence in Port Neches:

Nederland ---->

[quote name="Ned11str8" post="1066431" timestamp="1317030809"]
[quote author=NewIndian link=topic=88766.msg1066428#msg1066428 date=1317022713]
Handing ned their second loss has a better ring to it, both teams 1-1
[/quote]

It wont happen this year . There are quite a few teams in this district that are going to beat yall
[/quote]

yall too

GoDogs27...there are plenty of people on both sides that feel like you do, including me. There is nothing wrong with that. Washington Redskin fans would never pull for the Cowboys...that's just the way it is. I can't stand ned as far as sports go and I will pull for the other team almost every time. If PNG needed ned to win to help us go to the playoffs, then I would pull for the dogs....just like ned and central were pulling for us to beat ozen in 2003 so they could make the playoffs. While I can't stand ned the team, there are plenty of people from there that I like and respect. While I will pull against the dogs, I have no ill will for the players on that team, I am sure there are a lot of good kids on your team. I am sure most people from ned that" hate" PNG have the same feelings.  Bamakid....for the older folks on this site, PNG and ned had a lot less friendly rivalry when we were growing up and were not nearly as integrated as we are now. I think baseball and other youth sports have put these kids together more than in the past and there are a lot of relationships these kids form at a younger age. So don't take the" hate" talk literally. GoDogs...I salute you in telling the truth and I share in the mutual" hatred"! ;D

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1066968" timestamp="1317076320"]
I would like the png fans to list their excuses now. When nederland wins, what excuses are you going to give? We all know that you will all refuse to admit it when you get beat by a better Nederland team. So get them out of your system now because I will call every one of you out if you use excuses after the game... Most obnoxious people on earth=png fans.. I don't know why everyone says we are cool every week out of the year except this week. I hate everything about png and I hope they lose every week. Sorry, ill never show up at a png game in support if they are in the playoffs. Be ready for an 0-2 start purple people..
[/quote]Thank you ! And you be ready for your first loss this year !

Speaking the truth is not trashy or classless.........90% of PNG fans are two faced (EVEN TO EACH OTHER)....... I'm tired of hearing all the bullcrap about how good your team is every year....Nederland will hand you your butt at your so called RESERVATION Friday night.......And believe me, this hatred started from Port Arthur not from Nederland when TJ use to bust you your little bubbles......And by the way most of you PNG fans these days are ex Port Arthur folks that are now brainwashed........Not this guy!!!!!!!  I have hated and will continue to hate PNG till I die!!

*Mod edit- language *

[quote name="wtfdaddyball" post="1067466" timestamp="1317139745"]
Speaking the truth is not trashy or classless.........90% of PNG fans are two faced (EVEN TO EACH OTHER)....... I'm tired of hearing all the bullcrap about how good your team is every year....Nederland will hand you your A$$ at your so called RESERVATION Friday night.......And believe me, this hatred started from Port Arthur not from Nederland when TJ use to bust you your little bubbles......And by the way most of you PNG fans these days are ex Port Arthur folks that are now brainwashed........Not this guy!!!!!!!  I have hated and will continue to hate PNG till I die!!
[/quote]

How many district championships has Nerdland won in the past 15 yrs?

[quote name="wtfdaddyball" post="1067466" timestamp="1317139745"]
Speaking the truth is not trashy or classless.........90% of PNG fans are two faced (EVEN TO EACH OTHER)....... I'm tired of hearing all the bullcrap about how good your team is every year....Nederland will hand you your A$$ at your so called RESERVATION Friday night.......And believe me, this hatred started from Port Arthur not from Nederland when TJ use to bust you your little bubbles......And by the way most of you PNG fans these days are ex Port Arthur folks that are now brainwashed........Not this guy!!!!!!!  I have hated and will continue to hate PNG till I die!!
[/quote]

People that do support PN-G thrive on haters just like you.  It helps us raise our kids to show them "what not to be" when they grow up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin