bridge city at vidor

[quote name="Card" post="1043476" timestamp="1314568517"]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=87319.msg1043394#msg1043394 date=1314559939]
Gota Take Vidor in this one. They are looking good against good teams.
[/quote]

::) heard that last year
[/quote] Not by me.      Im saying it this year though.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the spread does not work for BC. They should be running the football and passing when needed.  By the way not from BC just an opinion. Example: When BC put Dishon at QB and Menard at running back against Orangefield last year they started to move the football. To little to late Orangefield won. Yes, BC went to the playoff's well enough said.

[quote name="skipper" post="1043504" timestamp="1314571691"]
i got to be carefull on this one ihave seen vidor and there have  two LB will all over the place good speed from both of these kids.i might be speaking out of turn but i dont think bridge city will have a easy time running on them :-X  PS sorry for the spelling
[/quote]

8)

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1043666" timestamp="1314586622"]
BC defense about to get exposed.
[/quote]

I doubt that very seriously .We can stop their running game , don't you think that we proved that last year ? Vidors lack of offense is about to be exposed  ;)  ;D  :D :-*

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Card" post="1043712" timestamp="1314590211"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=87319.msg1043666#msg1043666 date=1314586622]
BC defense about to get exposed.
[/quote]

I doubt that very seriously .We can stop their running game , don't you think that we proved that last year ? Vidors lack of offense is about to be exposed  ;)  ;D  :D :-*
[/quote]
Lack of offense? I'd say 400+ yards on a team that is bigger than BC is not an lack of offense. I think BC defense is gonna get shown up in this one. And Menard is gonna get to know a few of our LB's and Safety's very well  ::)  ;D  :D

Vidor in a not so close one
Vidor - 38
BC - 24

Vidor sneaked by a fairly weak team in Tx High. The only reason that Tx High was picked 3rd in their district is because they were two pretty good teams and then  a bunch of weak teams. They were a 6 - 5 team last year that lost most of their starters, 8 on offence and 7 on defence.
Bridge City 34 Vidor 20.

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1043745" timestamp="1314612379"]
Vidor sneaked by a fairly weak team in Tx High. The only reason that Tx High was picked 3rd in their district is because they were two pretty good teams and then  a bunch of weak teams. They were a 6 - 5 team last year that lost most of their starters, 8 on offence and 7 on defence.
Bridge City 34 Vidor 20.
[/quote]

yea, but look who BC beat last week...I still say BC ,but Vidor can take it  :)

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="1043784" timestamp="1314622871"]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=87319.msg1043745#msg1043745 date=1314612379]
Bridge City 34 Vidor 20.
[/quote]Who ever turns the ball over less will win! ;D

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1043745" timestamp="1314612379"]
Bridge City 34 Vidor 20.
[/quote]
We beat a team who was 6-5 last year. Yall beat a team who was 1-9. Wanna compare records from last year? Nuff said.  ;D

After all the years of disrespecting Pirate football, it's nice to see and hear people say good things about us. Jeff Matthews has been the greatest thing to happen to Vidor sports ever.....regardless of whether you like him or not. We don't play very many homecomings anymore other than our own. When you beat Texarkana Texas High you beat a state recognized program not an individual team. Vidor 40, BC 27. Only take away I have is whether Brentyn Clark plays....he is our hoss that makes the offense go.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1045167" timestamp="1314745099"]
After all the years of disrespecting Pirate football, it's nice to see and hear people say good things about us. Jeff Matthews has been the greatest thing to happen to Vidor sports ever.....regardless of whether you like him or not. We don't play very many homecomings anymore other than our own. When you beat Texarkana Texas High you beat a state recognized program not an individual team. Vidor 40, BC 27. Only take away I have is whether Brentyn Clark plays....he is our hoss that makes the offense go.
[/quote]

Brentyn is an important piece of the offense as is the other [b]10[/b] that make the play happen.  If you have watched the last few games you wouldnt have made the comment "He makes the offense go."  REALLY???  What makes our offense go has been our O-line.  Those men need ALL the credit for what has made our offense go.  They have been great.  PERIOD.  GOGO did a great job when he came in and Stevenson runs Hard and fast like GOGO.  Brentyn will be missed, but nobody in that backfield would be doing a thing without the O-Line.  We will not see another team as big as the Tigers through district play.  I like our chances as long as they stay healthy and we might be getting back our biggest and most phyicial lineman Sat.  He will Punch you in the "mouth."  8) He was out for the Texas high game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder