Nederland vs Dayton Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

Would have posted this on the other thread, but wanted to be sure it got seen.

Checked this morning and Fr and JV will go at 5 pm with varsities to follow at 7 pm

This will be a "game situation" scrimmage in all aspects including special teams (i.e. kick off returns, punt returns, etc.). All penalities will be enforced - four-twelve-minute-quarters. Press box active during varsity "game."

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a scrimmage boys, so I won't get too excited either way...play books won't be opened all the way up for either team and I am sure that guys with bumps and bruises may be held out to prepare for the real deal, which starts next week...good measuring stick for both, but " bragging rights" and all that is carrying it a bit far...doesn't mean it won't be interesting, though...hope both teams come out healthy and ready for their respective openers.

[quote name="Mike George" post="1036930" timestamp="1313685154"]
Would have posted this on the other thread, but wanted to be sure it got seen.

Checked this morning and Fr and JV will go at 5 pm with varsities to follow at 7 pm

This will be a "game situation" scrimmage [b]in all aspects including special teams (i.e. kick off returns, punt returns, etc.). [/b] All penalities will be enforced - four-twelve-minute-quarters. Press box active during varsity "game."
[/quote]

nice!

Nederland is going to have to work on their kicking game. Kickoffs consistently only got to the 15 and they missed a PAT causing them to go for two later and they also missed out on that one.

Dayton opened it's first possession of the second half with a 58-yard run by Ryan McBride that pretty much took the wind out of Nederland putting them behind, 21-7. A turnover pass INT on Dayton's next possession gave the Bulldogs a short field and they took advantage of it with a drive for score. However, this is when they missed the PAT, leaving the score at 21-13.

The Bulldogs would score one more time after an impressive drive, and then went for the two-points to tie, but failed and were down by two, 21-19. Dayton backup QB Markain Chambers who Dayton used for the entire second half, scored from nine yards out to put the Broncos up 28-19 after Carranco's PAT and that's how the game ended.

NED did what u have to do to DA BRONX.........Keep the ball away from the O. NED did a good job of burning the clock and had good play calling. DAY did not look interested from about the middle of the 2nd qrt on. I dont put alot of stock in scrimmages but DAY better wake up and show some intensity come next Friday or its not gonna be nice. IMO ;D

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1037345" timestamp="1313722158"]
NED did what u have to do to DA BRONX.........Keep the ball away from the O. NED did a good job of burning the clock and had good play calling. DAY did not look interested from about the middle of the 2nd qrt on. I dont put alot of stock in scrimmages but DAY better wake up and show some intensity come next Friday or its not gonna be nice. IMO ;D
[/quote]

Neither do I ,  as long as they continue to impove from week to week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder