Hull-Daisetta vs Hardin moved to Thursday at 7pm. Who wins this heated rivalry?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1035294" timestamp="1313332743"]
Actually, I got it from a very good source within the HDISD that the scrimmage is still on Thursday, but that the time is 7:00 p.m.
[/quote]

Even if it is at that time, I still will not be able to make it. I will be at the Silsbee @ LCM scrimmage at 5pm, then stop by the WOS @ Vidor scrimmage at 7pm.

Really wished it would have stayed at the 10am time.

Went to a couple Hardin practices, they are small and very young. The only way I could tell the difference in JV and varsity was the colors of their jerseys, then I still had to look at faces to determine which was which. Could be a long year, but I assure you they'll give it all they got, especially against HD. Always has been a good rivalry.

[quote name="bushpilot" post="1035308" timestamp="1313333913"]
Went to a couple Hardin practices, they are small and very young. The only way I could tell the difference in JV and varsity was the colors of their jerseys, then I still had to look at faces to determine which was which. Could be a long year, but I assure you they'll give it all they got, especially against HD. Always has been a good rivalry.
[/quote]

Players may be small but Hardin has the depth to keep everyone fresh. H-D doesn't have the numbers to back that.

[quote name="raiderfan2010" post="1035313" timestamp="1313334528"]
[quote author=bushpilot link=topic=86669.msg1035308#msg1035308 date=1313333913]
[/quote]

Players may be small but Hardin has the depth to keep everyone fresh. H-D doesn't have the numbers to back that.
[/quote]
From what I saw when Hardin scrimmaged Kelly they weren't very deep at all, there starters looked like they could barely get the job done, but I think the fact that they spread the ball around and have a few guys who can go get it will give them an upper hand on HD based on the fact that HD is such a small school and they don't have many athletes to drop into coverage, but Hardins defense look really weak and I know HD has some kids who can run the ball so i'm sure theyll get some work done on the offensive side of the ball.

[quote name="raiderfan2010" post="1035313" timestamp="1313334528"]
[/quote]

[/quote] True. Although I feel like H-D's top 5 players are way more dominate than Hardin's. Tyler Drake, Austin Edmondson, Garrett Hickman, Chisholm Marberry and Chris Taylor. H-D has 11 really athletic kids out of their 30 players. H-D wins this scrimmage.  ;)

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1035326" timestamp="1313335942"]
[quote author=raiderfan2010 link=topic=86669.msg1035313#msg1035313 date=1313334528]
[/quote]

[/quote] True. Although I feel like H-D's top 5 players are way more dominate than Hardin's. Tyler Drake, Austin Edmondson, Garrett Hickman, Chisholm Marberry and Chris Taylor. H-D has 11 really athletic kids out of their 30 players. H-D wins this scrimmage.  ;)
[/quote]
HD definetely has the better backfield.

[quote name="SetX6" post="1035324" timestamp="1313335714"]
[quote author=raiderfan2010 link=topic=86669.msg1035313#msg1035313 date=1313334528]
[/quote]

[/quote]
From what I saw when Hardin scrimmaged Kelly they weren't very deep at all, there starters looked like they could barely get the job done, but I think the fact that they spread the ball around and have a few guys who can go get it will give them an upper hand on HD based on the fact that HD is such a small school and they don't have many athletes to drop into coverage, but Hardins defense look really weak and I know HD has some kids who can run the ball so i'm sure theyll get some work done on the offensive side of the ball.
[/quote] Actually H-D has a really strong secondary, with some of our best athletes at corner. Secondary is one of our strengths.

Hardin isn't that young, they only have a couple sophomores on the team. I think it seems like it because some of the young men that graduated last year have played skill positions the last couple years. I was at the Kelly Scrimmage and kelly looked good, we did not. Taylor is a good q/b , we got some talent at the wide out positions and Ogden is a good RB whenever they run it. Haynes Offense is going to score, well see about the defense.  But make no mistake about it if was a H-D vs Kelly Scrimmage the Bobcats wouldn't have faired any better. Hornets get the best of this one.

Hardin is pretty young, inexperienced.  4 sophs that played JV last yr that start.    6 Seniors.    5 returning off staters, about 8 returning def. Starters.  Lots of JV. Experience out there.  This is s group of hardworkers ready to learn.   

[quote name="Hornet-Blue-" post="1035374" timestamp="1313345825"]
Hardin isn't that young, they only have a couple sophomores on the team. I think it seems like it because some of the young men that graduated last year have played skill positions the last couple years. I was at the Kelly Scrimmage and kelly looked good, we did not. Taylor is a good q/b , we got some talent at the wide out positions and Ogden is a good RB whenever they run it. Haynes Offense is going to score, well see about the defense.   But make no mistake about it if was a H-D vs Kelly Scrimmage the Bobcats wouldn't have faired any better. Hornets get the best of this one.
[/quote]We shall see. Bobcats at home against yall, has a history of being a good thing for us. H-D by 2 scores.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1035496" timestamp="1313359298"]
[quote author=Hornet-Blue- link=topic=86669.msg1035374#msg1035374 date=1313345825]
Hardin isn't that young, they only have a couple sophomores on the team. I think it seems like it because some of the young men that graduated last year have played skill positions the last couple years. I was at the Kelly Scrimmage and kelly looked good, we did not. Taylor is a good q/b , we got some talent at the wide out positions and Ogden is a good RB whenever they run it. Haynes Offense is going to score, well see about the defense.   But make no mistake about it if was a H-D vs Kelly Scrimmage the Bobcats wouldn't have faired any better. Hornets get the best of this one.
[/quote]We shall see. Bobcats at home against yall, has a history of being a good thing for us. H-D by 2 scores.
[/quote]

Will be a good test for both teams. Looking forward to it.

[quote name="Hornet-Blue-" post="1035374" timestamp="1313345825"]
[/quote]
Being from neither HD, Hardin, or Kelly and having 2 of the 3 schools on our schedule, I saw this scrimmage and I think your giving Kelly too much praise and not taking enough away from Hardin. Kelly did not look all that great, the qb was throwing terrible passes but Hardin's secondary simply couldn't make a play, and Kelly's o-line was fairly small but the backs were able to make the defense miss, If the Bobcats can hit, I say they fair better against Kelly because besides the interior linebacker and running back position Kelly looked weak as well, it was just the fact that Hardin looked weaker, remember Kelly is a team who was winless in district last year.

[quote name="SetX6" post="1035520" timestamp="1313365074"]
[quote author=Hornet-Blue- link=topic=86669.msg1035374#msg1035374 date=1313345825]
[/quote]
Being from neither HD, Hardin, or Kelly and having 2 of the 3 schools on our schedule, I saw this scrimmage and I think your giving Kelly too much praise and not taking enough away from Hardin. Kelly did not look all that great, the qb was throwing terrible passes but Hardin's secondary simply couldn't make a play, and Kelly's o-line was fairly small but the backs were able to make the defense miss, If the Bobcats can hit, I say they fair better against Kelly because besides the interior linebacker and running back position Kelly looked weak as well, it was just the fact that Hardin looked weaker, remember Kelly is a team who was winless in district last year.
[/quote] Dang !!  :o

Hardin will improve, adjustments will be made.  This was the 1st scrimmage to see who does what and who plays where.  I am looking forward to seeing how this team improves this season.  The coaches saw some things to be worked on and areas of improvement.  The safety missed timed trying to intercept the ball at least twice with the receiver getting behind him, these things will improve.  Saw some of the younger ones step on on tackles as well.  I thought the QB looked pretty good, considering he was a RB last year. I think it looks promising.

[quote name="SetX6" post="1035520" timestamp="1313365074"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
That is correct.  The same Kelly team that went winless in their district last year, beat our district champs EC like a drum by three touchdowns. If you have both of us on your schedule, i'm guessing your from Liberty and if that's the case, then I hope y'all do better this year against them than last year.  Their district is like ours, tough every year ST. Pius, ST.Thomas.  But your write our defense looked bad and is going to need some major improvement real fast. I think Kelly will be quality team this year though, they have alot of seniors and the big receiver. Their QB did underthrow some balls that should have been picked. Were still talking about the first Scrimmage for both teams though. The Hornets our my team and i'm not ready to throw them under the bus after our first Scrimmage  8) 

[quote name="Hornet-Blue-" post="1035678" timestamp="1313418928"]
[quote author=SetX6 link=topic=86669.msg1035520#msg1035520 date=1313365074]
[/quote]
[/quote]
That is correct.  The same Kelly team that went winless in their district last year, beat our district champs EC like a drum by three touchdowns. If you have both of us on your schedule, i'm guessing your from Liberty and if that's the case, then I hope y'all do better this year against them than last year.  Their district is like ours, tough every year ST. Pius, ST.Thomas.  But your write our defense looked bad and is going to need some major improvement real fast. I think Kelly will be quality team this year though, they have alot of seniors and the big receiver. Their QB did underthrow some balls that should have been picked. Were still talking about the first Scrimmage for both teams though. The Hornets our my team and i'm not ready to throw them under the bus after our first Scrimmage  8) 

[/quote]
Good post, your right it was the very first time both teams took the field and there is a lot of improvement that will be made before week 1. And Kelly was up 20-0 on Liberty at the half but then Liberty came back out firing on all cylinders but when time ran out they were short 1 score, it was a pretty good game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder