Bridge City players like chances against WO-S

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if BC can beat WO-S but it isn't because the QB for the Cardinals isn't talented. I saw him interviewed by KFDM and the kid is well put together. You can tell he as spent a lot of time in the weight room. I bet he can bench over 300 lbs and squat 450-500.

You don't normally see that type of muscular development on a high school kid at QB.

I've also seen a highlight video of him from last year and he can throw or run the ball. I predict he'll be a finalist for the Willie Ray Smith awards on the offensive side of the ball.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I think if there ever was a year for BC to pull the upset on WOS it is this year. But they will have a battle with them being is how the game is in WOS and BC doesn't really have anything WOS didn't see last year but I'm pulling for the upset. GO Cards!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1031197" timestamp="1312409599"]
;D

and I like Silsbee's chances against BC. ;D
[/quote]

Man you just gotta love some AAW! If there was ever a "true fan" this is the guy. Never seen anyone "drink the kool-aid" for his team in any and all sports like he does. Hats off and applause, a true die hard and dedicated fan. 

[quote name="Rake1" post="1031239" timestamp="1312416673"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=86283.msg1031197#msg1031197 date=1312409599]
;D

[/quote]

Man you just gotta love some AAW! If there was ever a "true fan" this is the guy. Never seen anyone "drink the kool-aid" for his team in any and all sports like he does. Hats off and applause, a true die hard and dedicated fan.   
[/quote]

;D

30-7-1    I like their chances. ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1031301" timestamp="1312422969"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=86283.msg1031239#msg1031239 date=1312416673]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=86283.msg1031197#msg1031197 date=1312409599]
;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

;D

30-7-1     I like their chances. ;D
[/quote]
I think 26-22 is the most recent number that means anything. ;) And for the record I do think you are a great fan, in all honesty.

[quote name="Rake1" post="1031308" timestamp="1312424248"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=86283.msg1031301#msg1031301 date=1312422969]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=86283.msg1031239#msg1031239 date=1312416673]
;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

;D

30-7-1     I like their chances. ;D
[/quote]
I think 26-22 is the most recent number that means anything. ;) And for the record I do think you are a great fan, in all honesty.
[/quote]

Thank you, I appreciate that.

I can't believe people are trying to make the argument that they can stay with WO-s because of what they were able to do when the players were younger. The difference between WO-S and other teams in the area is that, other teams players reach their peak at those younger ages, while WO-S continue to get better year by year. WO-s will have no competition in this area this year. They have most of their defense coming back and a talented back field to where they won't need to throw the ball, with a quarterback who has a year of experience and will be a lot better.

Personally, I like Menards attitude. Do I think BC will beat WOS? Not really but we shall see. Also, a great QB leads his team not just physicaly, but mentaly. Teams with great leadership are the ones who surprise people. I applaud the boy to be confident but not cocky. One thing that i feel certain about is WOS's play this year. Something tells me they will be a very scarry team to play. After were done beating eachother up during the season(lol), i hope that all of our 21-3A reps go deep in the playoffs.

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1031484" timestamp="1312479011"]
I can't believe people are trying to make the argument that they can stay with WO-s because of what they were able to do when the players were younger. The difference between WO-S and other teams in the area is that, other teams players reach their peak at those younger ages, while WO-S continue to get better year by year. WO-s will have no competition in this area this year. They have most of their defense coming back and a talented back field to where they won't need to throw the ball, with a quarterback who has a year of experience and will be a lot better.
[/quote]
You didnt read the post very well.  Your Stang Glasses limit your vision on this one. :D

I can't believe people are trying to make the argument that they can stay with WO-s because of what they were able to do when the players were younger. The difference between WO-S and other teams in the area is that, other teams players reach their peak at those younger ages, while WO-S continue to get better year by year. [b]WO-s will have no competition in this area this year.[/b] They have most of their defense coming back and a talented back field to where they won't need to throw the ball, with a quarterback who has a year of experience and will be a lot better.
[/quote]

No competition huh? ::)

Sounds very familiar. ;)

I can't believe people are trying to make the argument that they can stay with WO-s because of what they were able to do when the players were younger. The difference between WO-S and other teams in the area is that, other teams players reach their peak at those younger ages, while WO-S continue to get better year by year.[b] WO-s will have no competition in this area this year[/b]. They have most of their defense coming back and a talented back field to where they won't need to throw the ball, with a quarterback who has a year of experience and will be a lot better.
[/quote]

Well since the Stangs will have no competition this year, I guess all the opposition should just forfeit their games against WOS    ???

[quote name="kicker" post="1031494" timestamp="1312479600"]
Personally, I like Menards attitude. Do I think BC will beat WOS? Not really but we shall see. Also, a great QB leads his team not just physicaly, but mentaly. Teams with great leadership are the ones who surprise people. I applaud the boy to be confident but not cocky. One thing that i feel certain about is WOS's play this year. Something tells me they will be a very scarry team to play. After were done beating eachother up during the season(lol), i hope that all of our 21-3A reps go deep in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Right!?!? What do people expect from the kid? Like he's going to say they have no chance? LOL... I don't blame him and he's using some sound logic. They DID beat WOS in the 7th and 8th grade and this probably IS their best chance to win for the foreseable future. I have no problem with what he said and I thought he was very respectful and not the least bit cocky. He SHOULD believe they can win.

I think both of the kids interviewed represented themselves and their community well... JMO.

[quote name="VPirate" post="1031503" timestamp="1312480915"]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=86283.msg1031484#msg1031484 date=1312479011]
I can't believe people are trying to make the argument that they can stay with WO-s because of what they were able to do when the players were younger. The difference between WO-S and other teams in the area is that, other teams players reach their peak at those younger ages, while WO-S continue to get better year by year.[b] WO-s will have no competition in this area this year[/b]. They have most of their defense coming back and a talented back field to where they won't need to throw the ball, with a quarterback who has a year of experience and will be a lot better.
[/quote]

Well since the Stangs will have no competition this year, I guess all the opposition should just forfeit their games against WOS    ???

[/quote]  NO, NO, NO.  At the Indy 500, A reporter asked  A. J.  Foyt,  why not just let the fast cars run in the race.  A. J. said that if you did that then we will not have anyone to pass.  WO-S will battle Silsbee for the district championship. BC  will fight Orangefield for third place.  Thats the way I see it for now.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Has everyone forgotten that WOS has lost a head coach. Yes the other coach stepped up and he's been with the program for many years but still loosing a head coach is bound to affect the players that played under him last year. I think thats the chink in the mighty armor of the chain gang and BC will pull the upset this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder