DCTF predictions for Dist. 20-4A

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1020046" timestamp="1308691603"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=85065.msg1020029#msg1020029 date=1308690379]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=85065.msg1020000#msg1020000 date=1308684058]
PN-G
Livingston
Nederland
High Island
[/quote]that High Island team really got an influx of major d1 recruits to be moving up to 20-4A
[/quote]

According to this, they arnt just moving to 20-4A, they are clinching a playoff spot in 20-4A. :D
[/quote] :D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being around LCM, I definitely think they will finish better than 7th.  They return two all-district receivers/tight ends, two very very talented running backs, as well as 4 starters on the o-line.  I see a much different offense than in the first two Crouch years - more run oriented while bringing along the new quarterback.  Defensively they will be much better against the run, but will have to prove themselves at the corner position and at free safety.  And remember, they did play the last two games last year with 6 or 7 sophomores getting big playing time.  While a lot of this is due to a ridiculous amount of injuries late in the year, it means that you will see several juniors with significant varsity experience, and that makes a difference.  Finally, the team will be significantly tougher, more disciplined, and focused than in 2011.  With that being said, I don't know what everyone in the district has, so I won't make a guess, but I think the DCTF prediction is fair.

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1020163" timestamp="1308751251"]
You are right PNGbandkid, when you are an Indian you an Indian to the bone.  Class of '61 (I am also an Eagle to the bone)
[/quote]

That's what we were taught in elementary school.

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="1019549" timestamp="1308524835"]
1. PN-G Indians ;D
2. Central Jaguars
3. Livingston Lions
4. Nederland Bulldogs
5. Ozen Panthers
6. LC-M Bears
7. Vidor Pirates
8. Lumberton Raiders

The last five are all subject to change. The first three are going to be the first three, but that could come in a different order.

I think PN-G is going to surprise some people this year, just like winning the last five district games surprised people last year and an undefeated regular season surprised people the year before that. Our defense is going to be greatly improved from last year, and I don't think our offense is going to miss a step. Given a little time to work out the kinks in the preseason, Coach Faircloth and his staff are going to have a stout team in district play.

Central, as always, will be very good. With that said, I think they're going to take a few surprise losses (that's the nature of the sport, but it seems to be the staple of Central football; case in point, Livingston and PN-G in '09 and Memorial and PN-G in '10) that will mess up their chances for the district title.

Livingston's offense is going to be red hot. The problem is Livingston's defense. What they had on defense last year just didn't make the cut, and it wasn't that great in 2009 either. If I remember correctly, most of their defensive players last year were seniors (might have to doublecheck that), and that will only hurt the defense more.

Nederland will be solid as always and expect some surprises from Ozen.

Hopefully, it will be an injury-free season and I'll be checking in to read about some outstanding SETX football this year. Scalp 'em.
[/quote]Good analysis!

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1020321" timestamp="1308798549"]
[quote author=CMON-MAN link=topic=85065.msg1020320#msg1020320 date=1308797727]
Raiders
Bears
Pirates
Dogs
[/quote]
sorry to burst your bubble, but Lumberton might not be going to the playoffs for another 40 years. ;)
[/quote]
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. shhhhh, we're gonna sneak in this year.

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1020323" timestamp="1308801108"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=85065.msg1019549#msg1019549 date=1308524835]
1. PN-G Indians ;D
2. Central Jaguars
3. Livingston Lions
4. Nederland Bulldogs
5. Ozen Panthers
6. LC-M Bears
7. Vidor Pirates
8. Lumberton Raiders

The last five are all subject to change. The first three are going to be the first three, but that could come in a different order.

I think PN-G is going to surprise some people this year, just like winning the last five district games surprised people last year and an undefeated regular season surprised people the year before that. Our defense is going to be greatly improved from last year, and I don't think our offense is going to miss a step. Given a little time to work out the kinks in the preseason, Coach Faircloth and his staff are going to have a stout team in district play.

Central, as always, will be very good. With that said, I think they're going to take a few surprise losses (that's the nature of the sport, but it seems to be the staple of Central football; case in point, Livingston and PN-G in '09 and Memorial and PN-G in '10) that will mess up their chances for the district title.

Livingston's offense is going to be red hot. The problem is Livingston's defense. What they had on defense last year just didn't make the cut, and it wasn't that great in 2009 either. If I remember correctly, most of their defensive players last year were seniors (might have to doublecheck that), and that will only hurt the defense more.

Nederland will be solid as always and expect some surprises from Ozen.

Hopefully, it will be an injury-free season and I'll be checking in to read about some outstanding SETX football this year. Scalp 'em.
[/quote]Good analysis!
[/quote]

Thanks. :)

Let's see
1.Nederland
2.Livingston
3.PN-G
4.Central
5.Ozen
6.LC-M
7.Vidor
8.Lumberton.

ok 1and 2 may switch because of the amount of returners both teams have coming back but it will be a great game. Ned has a revamped offense with an experienced qb because hey all our qbs play every yr lol. Defense for Ned against Livingston offense with its returners will be great to watch. The deciding factor is they come to Ned to play finally. The Ned defense has 8 returning starters lost Trevin, Kemp Lat moves to offensive tackle, so the front 4 will be Kuron 6'3 235 junoir,Malveaux 5,11" 295 soph, Pryor 6'1" 270 junoir and Carr 6'4" 270 senior all but Mal are returners. Linebackers Stampley 6'1" 210 jr, Woods 5'11" 225 jr, Delord 5'11" 200 sr followed (all returning starters) in the back by Z taylor 5'10"165 jr, Tre Richard 5'9" 175 Sr, Geautreaux 5'9"185 SS jr and Kimler 6'1" 195 Fs soph. The offense for Ned had to replace 3 ol but 2 backups filled those spots and Raines got playing time as qb Brett Brown at FB Troy and Nelson both back and RB. Recievers will be Shaw at slot and maybe both K Hop boys. There is like 10 guys vying for reciever it has been fun to watch this spring. Only time will tell but can't wait to see  these boys suit up and beat some arse! Like said before [b]Pray that all player have an injury free season AMEN.[/b] DIDBA will definetly be in the house.
'
'

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1019692" timestamp="1308585645"]
[quote author=incognito link=topic=85065.msg1019684#msg1019684 date=1308583688]
[quote author=HubTx link=topic=85065.msg1019611#msg1019611 date=1308548378]
Vidor at times looked like they were turning the corner didn't they? I thought against Kirbyville they did a lot of things well, they just made too many mistakes... They have a scrappy group of backs, and while I don't know if they can contend for a playoff spot, you have to at least think they are a mystery heading into the season.... Right?
[/quote]

I think Vidor will do better in district play this year. I'm looking for a 4-3 or better district record.
The one big question mark is who will be starting QB?
If the O-line holds up the backs they have CAN move the ball. The defense last year was made up mostly of first year starters, so I look for those young men to improve after a year of varsity level play under their belts.
I think the Pirates come into this season with a lot more experience and maturity, and are demanding more of themselves than a 2-5 district season.

[/quote]

Shhhhh yall gotta be quiet about vidor. We were supposed to be the cinderella team this year. Oh well. Looks like our cover is blown. Since its too late i guess i might as well put my two cents in. I think yall are way underestimating vidor. They have all 3 running backs coming back from last year. One who made the allstar team and had, if my memory is right, the 3rd highest yardage in the district. And two others who are explosive and if they break out are hard to catch. [b]The only question will be the QB but i have heard thru the rumor mill that we have a new prospect were looking at. The JV QB from last year is about 5'6 and has no experience but they guy were talking about is about 6'1 i'd say about 190 and a senior who has been on varsity for two years and who also has experience in the position as QB.[/b] Our defense is set with 7 of our starters from last year returning and most of them underclassmen who still have this year and next. Mark my words. Vidor sneaks in a playoff spot as the cinderella team and may make a run in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Who is this?

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1020348" timestamp="1308829816"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=85065.msg1019692#msg1019692 date=1308585645]
Vidor at times looked like they were turning the corner didn't they? I thought against Kirbyville they did a lot of things well, they just made too many mistakes... They have a scrappy group of backs, and while I don't know if they can contend for a playoff spot, you have to at least think they are a mystery heading into the season.... Right?
[/quote]

I think Vidor will do better in district play this year. I'm looking for a 4-3 or better district record.
If the O-line holds up the backs they have CAN move the ball. The defense last year was made up mostly of first year starters, so I look for those young men to improve after a year of varsity level play under their belts.
I think the Pirates come into this season with a lot more experience and maturity, and are demanding more of themselves than a 2-5 district season.

[/quote]

Shhhhh yall gotta be quiet about vidor. We were supposed to be the cinderella team this year. Oh well. Looks like our cover is blown. Since its too late i guess i might as well put my two cents in. I think yall are way underestimating vidor. They have all 3 running backs coming back from last year. One who made the allstar team and had, if my memory is right, the 3rd highest yardage in the district. And two others who are explosive and if they break out are hard to catch. [b]The only question will be the QB but i have heard thru the rumor mill that we have a new prospect were looking at. The JV QB from last year is about 5'6 and has no experience but they guy were talking about is about 6'1 i'd say about 190 and a senior who has been on varsity for two years and who also has experience in the position as QB.[/b] Our defense is set with 7 of our starters from last year returning and most of them underclassmen who still have this year and next. Mark my words. Vidor sneaks in a playoff spot as the cinderella team and may make a run in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Who is this?
[/quote]

TITAN POWER I was told that AP had the starting position this year, but you would know that better than me. If it's true, he has what it takes to lead the Pirate offense.

If I had to predict I would go with the same four from last year. The only thing I don't have a feel for outside of Livingston near the top, is what order those four will finish 1-4.

In no particular order:
Livingston (a lot returning with a powerful running game)
Central (Mitchell keeps getting better)
Nederland (Loads of Youth last year, but how will they fair loosing Mr. Everything Sonnier)
PNG (Loosing Doty is tuff, but they return the top RB and WR and maybe top coaching staff)

I think Ozen has the top playmaker in the district in Green and could eek one of these 4 out, but it is a long shot.

.[quote author=badndn link=topic=85065.msg1020587#msg1020587 date=1308929902]
If I had to predict I would go with the same four from last year. The only thing I don't have a feel for outside of Livingston near the top, is what order those four will finish 1-4.

In no particular order:
Livingston (a lot returning with a powerful running game)
Central (Mitchell keeps getting better)
Nederland (Loads of Youth last year, but how will they fair loosing Mr. Everything Sonnier)
PNG (Loosing Doty is tuff, but they return the top RB and WR and maybe top coaching staff)

I think Ozen has the top playmaker in the district in Green and could eek one of these 4 out, but it is a long shot.

Green is one heck of a QB very, very impressive.

[quote name="incognito" post="1020392" timestamp="1308842229"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=85065.msg1020348#msg1020348 date=1308829816]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=85065.msg1019692#msg1019692 date=1308585645]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who is this?
[/quote]

TITAN POWER I was told that AP had the starting position this year, but you would know that better than me. If it's true, he has what it takes to lead the Pirate offense.
[/quote]

It should be interesting to see.  He does know the offense but unless he plays both sides of the ball it leaves a hole in the defense.  I guess we will have to wait and see.  Hopefully the Pirates  have a good season this year.

Guest Brubaker
A Can't Hack It, must be.
[quote name="Razor" post="1020610" timestamp="1308946652"]
[quote author=bulldogbasketball link=topic=85065.msg1020585#msg1020585 date=1308929434]
1.Central
2.PN-G
3.Livingston
4.Ozen
5.Nederland.
6.Vidor
7.Lumberton
8.LC-M

[/quote]

Not much faith in the Dogs there, bulldogbasketball??
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33