DCTF predictions for Dist. 20-4A

[quote name="HubTx" post="1019611" timestamp="1308548378"]
Vidor at times looked like they were turning the corner didn't they? I thought against Kirbyville they did a lot of things well, they just made too many mistakes... They have a scrappy group of backs, and while I don't know if they can contend for a playoff spot, you have to at least think they are a mystery heading into the season.... Right?
[/quote]

I think Vidor will do better in district play this year. I'm looking for a 4-3 or better district record.
The one big question mark is who will be starting QB?
If the O-line holds up the backs they have CAN move the ball. The defense last year was made up mostly of first year starters, so I look for those young men to improve after a year of varsity level play under their belts.
I think the Pirates come into this season with a lot more experience and maturity, and are demanding more of themselves than a 2-5 district season.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="1019549" timestamp="1308524835"]
1. PN-G Indians ;D
2. Central Jaguars
3. Livingston Lions
4. Nederland Bulldogs
5. Ozen Panthers
6. LC-M Bears
7. Vidor Pirates
8. Lumberton Raiders

The last five are all subject to change. The first three are going to be the first three, but that could come in a different order.

I think PN-G is going to surprise some people this year, just like winning the last five district games surprised people last year and an undefeated regular season surprised people the year before that. Our defense is going to be greatly improved from last year, and I don't think our offense is going to miss a step. Given a little time to work out the kinks in the preseason, Coach Faircloth and his staff are going to have a stout team in district play.

Central, as always, will be very good. With that said, I think they're going to take a few surprise losses (that's the nature of the sport, but it seems to be the staple of Central football; case in point, Livingston and PN-G in '09 and Memorial and PN-G in '10) that will mess up their chances for the district title.

Livingston's offense is going to be red hot. The problem is Livingston's defense. What they had on defense last year just didn't make the cut, and it wasn't that great in 2009 either. If I remember correctly, most of their defensive players last year were seniors (might have to doublecheck that), and that will only hurt the defense more.

Nederland will be solid as always and expect some surprises from Ozen.

Hopefully, it will be an injury-free season and I'll be checking in to read about some outstanding SETX football this year. Scalp 'em.
[/quote]another example of PNG being put out better then what they are :D but people tend to forget Livingston had the fewest yards allowed in the district last year but Livingston is only losing a couple seniors on defense most notibly Ryan McClain and Blake Burman but we are loaded with talent on both sides of the ball so I guess we will see if we can commit

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="incognito" post="1019684" timestamp="1308583688"]
[quote author=HubTx link=topic=85065.msg1019611#msg1019611 date=1308548378]
Vidor at times looked like they were turning the corner didn't they? I thought against Kirbyville they did a lot of things well, they just made too many mistakes... They have a scrappy group of backs, and while I don't know if they can contend for a playoff spot, you have to at least think they are a mystery heading into the season.... Right?
[/quote]

I think Vidor will do better in district play this year. I'm looking for a 4-3 or better district record.
The one big question mark is who will be starting QB?
If the O-line holds up the backs they have CAN move the ball. The defense last year was made up mostly of first year starters, so I look for those young men to improve after a year of varsity level play under their belts.
I think the Pirates come into this season with a lot more experience and maturity, and are demanding more of themselves than a 2-5 district season.

[/quote]

Shhhhh yall gotta be quiet about vidor. We were supposed to be the cinderella team this year. Oh well. Looks like our cover is blown. Since its too late i guess i might as well put my two cents in. I think yall are way underestimating vidor. They have all 3 running backs coming back from last year. One who made the allstar team and had, if my memory is right, the 3rd highest yardage in the district. And two others who are explosive and if they break out are hard to catch. The only question will be the QB but i have heard thru the rumor mill that we have a new prospect were looking at. The JV QB from last year is about 5'6 and has no experience but they guy were talking about is about 6'1 i'd say about 190 and a senior who has been on varsity for two years and who also has experience in the position as QB. Our defense is set with 7 of our starters from last year returning and most of them underclassmen who still have this year and next. Mark my words. Vidor sneaks in a playoff spot as the cinderella team and may make a run in the playoffs.

[quote name="lionbaseball" post="1019689" timestamp="1308585221"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=85065.msg1019549#msg1019549 date=1308524835]
1. PN-G Indians ;D
2. Central Jaguars
3. Livingston Lions
4. Nederland Bulldogs
5. Ozen Panthers
6. LC-M Bears
7. Vidor Pirates
8. Lumberton Raiders

The last five are all subject to change. The first three are going to be the first three, but that could come in a different order.

I think PN-G is going to surprise some people this year, just like winning the last five district games surprised people last year and an undefeated regular season surprised people the year before that. Our defense is going to be greatly improved from last year, and I don't think our offense is going to miss a step. Given a little time to work out the kinks in the preseason, Coach Faircloth and his staff are going to have a stout team in district play.

Central, as always, will be very good. With that said, I think they're going to take a few surprise losses (that's the nature of the sport, but it seems to be the staple of Central football; case in point, Livingston and PN-G in '09 and Memorial and PN-G in '10) that will mess up their chances for the district title.

Livingston's offense is going to be red hot. The problem is Livingston's defense. What they had on defense last year just didn't make the cut, and it wasn't that great in 2009 either. If I remember correctly, most of their defensive players last year were seniors (might have to doublecheck that), and that will only hurt the defense more.

Hopefully, it will be an injury-free season and I'll be checking in to read about some outstanding SETX football this year. Scalp 'em.
[/quote]another example of PNG being put out better then what they are :D but people tend to forget Livingston had the fewest yards allowed in the district last year but Livingston is only losing a couple seniors on defense most notibly Ryan McClain and Blake Burman but we are loaded with talent on both sides of the ball so I guess we will see if we can commit
[/quote]

We've been above Livingston in the district standings the last two years.

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1019468" timestamp="1308499824"]
First of all, I've never heard of a school in Texas named 'Ozan'.  ;D ;D

Second of all,  The first place sounds pretty accurate.  Livingston had a bunch of young guns on offense.  If their defense can play even halfway decent, Livingston may very well win district.  PN-G will not get second place.  There will be a huge droppoff of talent on the offensive sideof the ball with Doty and the Big O-Linemen gone.  Central will be higher.  People fail to forget that they are the defending district champs.  They lost some to graduation, but have a slough of young guns ready to handle their business.  Nederland showed me a young and hungry team last year especially on the defensive side of the ball.  Ozen will be good, but can Tre Green carry them by himself?  PN-G will only be working off of just the pure scheme from Coach Faircloth this year, so you know they will be well coached.  This is how I predict it to finish...

1. Livinston
2. Central
3. Nederland
4. PN-G
5. Ozen
6. Vidor
7. LC-M
8. Lumberton
[/quote]

This looks pretty realistic to me.

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1019488" timestamp="1308509676"]
We would beat your celler dwellers (Channelview and Baytown Sterling) with ease and make the playoffs.  North Shore would beat us.  We'd beat Memorial down like a drum and it would be tough to take West Brook down.  We would edge one out against LaPorte.
[/quote]
You'd have 7 WB T-Shirts come this fall and possibly your own youtube comedy called..."My Titans gona beet Week Sauce"....similar to the Coyote(PAM) and Roadrunner (WB)...it just isn't gonna happen PaTnA!

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1019468" timestamp="1308499824"]

Second of all,  The first place sounds pretty accurate.  Livingston had a bunch of young guns on offense.  If their defense can play even halfway decent, Livingston may very well win district.  PN-G will not get second place.  There will be a huge droppoff of talent on the offensive sideof the ball with Doty and the Big O-Linemen gone.  Central will be higher.  People fail to forget that they are the defending district champs.  They lost some to graduation, but have a slough of young guns ready to handle their business.  Nederland showed me a young and hungry team last year especially on the defensive side of the ball.  Ozen will be good, but can Tre Green carry them by himself?  PN-G will only be working off of just the pure scheme from Coach Faircloth this year, so you know they will be well coached.  This is how I predict it to finish...

1. Livinston
[b]2. Central[/b]
3. Nederland
4. PN-G
5. Ozen
6. Vidor
7. LC-M
8. Lumberton
[/quote]
[b][b][size=18pt]BBBBLAAAAAHHHH - HAAAAAAA - HAAAAAAA![/size][/b][/b]

Nederlands defensive front will answer any questions teams have about their offensive lines.The front is backed up by a first team and second team linebacker along with the best returning corner in the district I.M.O.Some one once stated that defense wins championships.If so,"Watch out for the Dogs!" 

[quote name="WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME DA'BROOK WAS SLAPPED BY THE JAGUARS?" post="1019762" timestamp="1308604030"]
[quote author=BMTJags link=topic=85065.msg1019468#msg date=1308499824]

1. Livinston
[b]2. Central[/b]
3. Nederland
4. PN-G
5. Ozen
6. Vidor
7. LC-M
8. Lumberton
[/quote]
[/quote] :D :D :D :D

[quote name="WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME DA'BROOK WAS SLAPPED BY THE JAGUARS?" post="1019762" timestamp="1308604030"]
[quote author=BMTJags link=topic=85065.msg1019468#msg1019468 date=1308499824]

1. Livinston
[b]2. Central[/b]
3. Nederland
4. PN-G
5. Ozen
6. Vidor
7. LC-M
8. Lumberton
[/quote]
[/quote]2nd place is better than not making the playoffs, which the Weak Sauce Bruins will do. WB would struggle to make the playoffs in 20-4A this year.  :D

[quote name="lionbaseball" post="1019689" timestamp="1308585221"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=85065.msg1019549#msg1019549 date=1308524835]
1. PN-G Indians ;D
2. Central Jaguars
3. Livingston Lions
4. Nederland Bulldogs
5. Ozen Panthers
6. LC-M Bears
7. Vidor Pirates
8. Lumberton Raiders

Hopefully, it will be an[b] injury-free season [/b]and I'll be checking in to read about some outstanding SETX football this year. Scalp 'em.
[/quote]

Amen, lets all pray for an injury free season.

:D :D[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1019831" timestamp="1308625176"]
[quote author=incognito link=topic=85065.msg1019822#msg1019822 date=1308618382]
This is the way I see it....

1. Livingston
2. Port Neches-Groves
3. Central
4.[b] Vidor[/b]
5. Nederland
6. Little Cypress-Mauriceville
7. Ozen
8. Lumberton
[/quote]

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
[/quote] :D :D :D :D :D

[quote name="incognito" post="1019822" timestamp="1308618382"]

1. Livingston
2. Port Neches-Groves
3. Central
4. Vidor
5. Nederland
7. Ozen
8. Lumberton
[/quote]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D                                                        H I L A R I O U S ( Every year I hear this same crap  ! AND ? ) @least your consistent

[quote name="Ned11str8" post="1019922" timestamp="1308673744"]

1. Livingston
2. Port Neches-Groves
3. Central
4. Vidor
5. Nederland
7. Ozen
8. Lumberton
[/quote]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D                                                        H I L A R I O U S ( Every year I hear this same crap  ! AND ? ) @least your consistent
[/quote]

First of all, we beat nederland last year. We beat ozen last year. LCM has lost most of there offensive production. Lumberton doesn't have anything coming back that i know of. The top three are subject to change. But my bottom five, i think, are accurate. Prove me wrong.

I'm glad that my picks amuse you. But again prove me wrong.

[quote name="incognito" post="1019928" timestamp="1308674641"]
[quote author=Ned11str8 link=topic=85065.msg1019922#msg1019922 date=1308673744]

1. Livingston
2. Port Neches-Groves
3. Central
4. Vidor
5. Nederland
7. Ozen
8. Lumberton
[/quote]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D                                                        H I L A R I O U S ( Every year I hear this same crap  ! AND ? ) @least your consistent
[/quote]

First of all, we beat nederland last year. We beat ozen last year. LCM has lost most of there offensive production. Lumberton doesn't have anything coming back that i know of. The top three are subject to change. But my bottom five, i think, are accurate. Prove me wrong.

I'm glad that my pics amuse you. But again prove me wrong.
[/quote]
While I don't disagree with your picks totally, you do have to realize that "proove me wrong" from a Vidor fan is not a challenge! It has been proven year after year with Vidor. Once in 10 years or so is proof enough. A Nederland fan asking you to proove they warrant a 5 spot and out of the Playoffs for the first time in forever is more legit. Good Luck Pirates. Keep the faith. I did like your stable of runners last season!

[quote name="badndn" post="1019933" timestamp="1308675256"]
[quote author=incognito link=topic=85065.msg1019928#msg1019928 date=1308674641]
[quote author=Ned11str8 link=topic=85065.msg1019922#msg1019922 date=1308673744]

1. Livingston
2. Port Neches-Groves
3. Central
4. Vidor
5. Nederland
7. Ozen
8. Lumberton
[/quote]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D                                                        H I L A R I O U S ( Every year I hear this same crap  ! AND ? ) @least your consistent
[/quote]

I'm glad that my pics amuse you. But again prove me wrong.
[/quote]
While I don't disagree with your picks totally, you do have to realize that "proove me wrong" from a Vidor fan is not a challenge! It has been proven year after year with Vidor. Once in 10 years or so is proof enough. A Nederland fan asking you to proove they warrant a 5 spot and out of the Playoffs for the first time in forever is more legit. Good Luck Pirates. Keep the faith. I did like your stable of runners last season!
[/quote]

You know I don't disagree with your point at all. My point was not to disrespect any team or fan. Nederland does have a proven record of consistently making it to the post season. Heck I have respect for every team in this district. What I don't have respect for is when a Vidor fan believes in their team and makes a prediction, certain posters have to act like a fool and ridicule that opinion. Look I'm a big boy with pretty thick skin, a poster can agree or disagree with any opinion that's their right. I don't think any poster has a right to insult that opinion, I mean come on it's just an opinion, I have mine and you have yours, it's as simple as that.
GO VIDOR

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1020029" timestamp="1308690379"]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=85065.msg1020000#msg1020000 date=1308684058]
PN-G
Livingston
Nederland
High Island
[/quote]that High Island team really got an influx of major d1 recruits to be moving up to 20-4A
[/quote]

According to this, they arnt just moving to 20-4A, they are clinching a playoff spot in 20-4A. :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder