Terrell Henderson out at PAM!!!

The University Interscholastic League (UIL) requires high school coaches and assistant coaches to be full-time employees of the district. For a [b]noncertified employee[/b], that is defined as working at least 15 hours per week. Certified employees must work at least 20 hours per week and be under contract to the school board for the whole scholastic or calendar year for coaching

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think it is one of the reasons he went college in 2007 and then to private school! Well that use to be the case but about 5 years ago there was a big push to get them all certified.  They were let go then a few went on to complete their certification and get re-hired.  Example... Coach Ned!

I hope they make the best choice for the future of the program, and to bring solid basketball back to PA. I hope they take a long look at all candidates, and don't stop at just Yates. Too many excellent proven track records, no non sense guys out there t choose from.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1015864" timestamp="1307021104"]
This is one of the two coaches that I knew who would apply:

http://www.kfdm.com/video/?videoId=969898028001&play=now
[/quote]one of the 3 i knew would apply. Just waiting for the other 2 to join the fun.

Why would a schoold district hire someone not certified? There are coaches all over the state that can coach and have been in the public education system. Does not make sense! There are rules that coaches follow in the U.I.L. handbook as compared to the AAU gu-roos who have no rules at all. There are some morals and ethics along the way that have to be upheld. I can't wait to hear this.

[quote name="team first" post="1016495" timestamp="1307243904"]
Why would a schoold district hire someone not certified? There are coaches all over the state that can coach and have been in the public education system. Does not make sense! There are rules that coaches follow in the U.I.L. handbook as compared to the AAU gu-roos who have no rules at all. There are some morals and ethics along the way that have to be upheld. I can't wait to hear this.
[/quote]The coach in question has experience hs coaching only. Been certified. So what is your issue?

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1016565" timestamp="1307305268"]
Why would they even consider a 3A assistant with no head coaching experience at a 5A high school?
[/quote]

The fact that you made this comment is ridiculous, Coach Brooks is just as important to the silsbee program as Coach Williams.

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="1016946" timestamp="1307423072"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=84600.msg1016565#msg1016565 date=1307305268]
Why would they even consider a 3A assistant with no head coaching experience at a 5A high school?
[/quote]

The fact that you made this comment is ridiculous, Coach Brooks is [b]just as important [/b] to the silsbee program as Coach Williams.
[/quote]

I think Ira is very important, but maybe not equally important.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder