Jesse Riojas out at WO-S/Shea Landry named new coach.

[quote name="queenb77630" post="1012604" timestamp="1305841296"]
well I guess my son won't be playing next year because I think Landry is a smart butt.  Anyone who calls the kids "f(*&ing punks" and doesn't care that he says it in front of a parent deserves and gets no respect from me!
[/quote]Dont let your son play? Yep that will show em!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I guess my son won't be playing next year because I think Landry is a smart butt.  Anyone who calls the kids "f(*&ing punks" and doesn't care that he says it in front of a parent deserves and gets no respect from me!
[/quote]

Yeah.....that's teaching your kid "Life Lessons"!lol  What a joke! Congrats Shea! You are gonna do great!

[/quote]

Shea is a outstanding young man and will do well. Great move by Coach T. The kids will love him, I do. As for you queen, if in fact that did happen which I doubt your son probably deserved it pretty much like you.

[/quote]

Wow, some parents amaze me. This one takes the cake. Thought this only happened in Orangefield, guess not. LOL!!!!

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1012677" timestamp="1305855745"]
[quote author=queenb77630 link=topic=84400.msg1012604#msg1012604 date=1305841296]
[/quote]

Shea is a outstanding young man and will do well. Great move by Coach T. The kids will love him, I do. As for you queen, if in fact that did happen which I doubt your son probably deserved it pretty much like you.
[/quote]

Word on the street is this was not a Coach T move but rather Mr. Colbert.....hmmm....who's in charge here. ;)  Good luck WOS Baseball

[/quote]OMG ..a coach called a punk" A PUNK" ..Teach your child ...how does it go STICKS AND STONES :o Whatever get over it...Move to B.C coach Landry is NICE and he talks nice to the boys every day even know they are acting like *&ing punks...LOL..Go to png ..Nederland coaches there are very nice and sweat...HeHeHeHeHeHe..FUUNNNNNNNNNNY ::)

Shea Landry will be fine. The kids will love him. He will respect the kids and I hope they will respect him. Some high school teenagers ARE punks and I'm sure any mature parent knows that. Anyone who follows high school sports knows that some teens lack the discipline that they should have received at home. Shea has coached high school teenagers at other Orange county schools and they respected him and loved playing for him. He has even coached elementary PE classes at Orange county schools and there were no complaints. I think WOS is lucky to have someone like Shea on the coaching staff. If all parents will come out to enjoy the games and let the coaches do their jobs, high school sports can be a very enjoyable experience. Let's all support the Orange county teams and new coaches for the "love of the game" and wish them well. GOOD LUCK SHEA !!!

[/quote]
Unbelievable.  ::)

[quote name="sportsfreak2008" post="1012697" timestamp="1305858291"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=84400.msg1012677#msg1012677 date=1305855745]
[quote author=queenb77630 link=topic=84400.msg1012604#msg1012604 date=1305841296]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Word on the street is this was not a Coach T move but rather Mr. Colbert.....hmmm....who's in charge here. ;)  Good luck WOS Baseball
[/quote]

Gotta be careful how much stock you put into the word on the street.

After being around the program for years and seeing what has gone on, I am really just amazed at all of it. Here are facts- The last two head baseball coaches hired at WO-S had NO head coaching experience at all (one fired, and the last-not sure why he was let go). It is very clear how well that has worked out. Now the district goes out and hires the third in a row with no head coaching experience. I like Shea and wish him the best of luck, but you can not tell me that there are NO experienced baseball coaches out there who would not love to have a chance at the job. Why was the job not posted to see if there was other interest. It looks to me like the school has no interest at all in the baseball program and cares none if it is sucessful. That is unfair to the kids.

[quote name="78Stang" post="1012841" timestamp="1305909482"]
After being around the program for years and seeing what has gone on, I am really just amazed at all of it. Here are facts- The last two head baseball coaches hired at WO-S had NO head coaching experience at all (one fired, and the last-not sure why he was let go). It is very clear how well that has worked out. Now the district goes out and hires the third in a row with no head coaching experience. I like Shea and wish him the best of luck, but you can not tell me that there are NO experienced baseball coaches out there who would not love to have a chance at the job. Why was the job not posted to see if there was other interest. It looks to me like the school has no interest at all in the baseball program and cares none if it is sucessful. That is unfair to the kids.
[/quote]

WOS could be in a budget crunch just like everyone else and they are consolidating their coaching staff.

well I guess my son won't be playing next year because I think Landry is a smart butt.  Anyone who calls the kids "f(*&ing punks" and doesn't care that he says it in front of a parent deserves and gets no respect from me!
[/quote]

You can always go back to the YMCA.....it's all hugs and kisses there. 

[quote name="78Stang" post="1012841" timestamp="1305909482"]
[/quote]Even your beloved coach Hooks at onetime had no head coaching experience, coaches have to start somewhere just like everybody else. Give the man a chance. The days of Ronnie Anderson are long gone.

So you men/women think its okay for a coach/teacher to say such things in front of parents and young children?  [color=blue]I don't![/color]  If they feel the need to say such things to their players, then say it where no one but them can hear it!

I don't expect them (the coaches) to be all surgery sweet to the players; however, when they (the coaches) are in the presence of the parents (aka: supporters) and young children, WATCH YOUR MOUTH!

For whoever said my son deserved it: you are a real piece of work.  Just for the record my son did not play that game; he was sick.  I was still there though, supporting the kids.  Working the concession stand.  Buying the sodas.  Ordering the shirts to support the team.  As a matter of fact, it was the same day that I turned in the sponsorship money that I had collected for the baseball program.  [b][color=blue]Don't talk about what you don't know![/color][/b]I know Coach Rojas would get onto the players; however, I don't recall ever hearing him curse like that in public.  Practices yes, NOT in public for everyone to hear.

As far as Coach T; I loved him when he was my PE coach in high school and I would have been furious had he not been appointed as AD.  I think he will do a wonderful job.  He has the knowledge, expertise, and personality that just makes him such a wonderful man.  I'm sad to see Coach Hooks go; but couldn't ask for a better replacement.

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1012763" timestamp="1305881086"]
[/quote]OMG ..a coach called a punk" A PUNK" ..Teach your child ...how does it go STICKS AND STONES :o Whatever get over it...Move to B.C coach Landry is NICE and he talks nice to the boys every day even know they are acting like *&ing punks...LOL..Go to png ..Nederland coaches there are very nice and sweat...HeHeHeHeHeHe..FUUNNNNNNNNNNY ::)
[/quote]

did you read the entire post?  the punk part doesn't bother me; its the unnecessary cuss word that preceeded the name; said loud and in front of young kids.  What would you do if your young child heard that and repeated it?  Yes, there were YOUNG kids around when he said that. 

[quote name="queenb77630" post="1012879" timestamp="1305916215"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=84400.msg1012763#msg1012763 date=1305881086]
[/quote]

did you read the entire post?  the punk part doesn't bother me; its the unnecessary cuss word that preceeded the name; said loud and in front of young kids.  What would you do if your young child heard that and repeated it?  Yes, there were YOUNG kids around when he said that. 
[/quote]

Not that I condone cussing in public either with or without young children present, but if you think that Coach Landry is the first Mustang baseball coach to use expletives in public, you never attended a game while Ronnie Anderson, who I think we can all agree set the standard by which WO-S baseball wishes to return, coached.

[quote name="queenb77630" post="1012876" timestamp="1305916006"]
So you men/women think its okay for a coach/teacher to say such things in front of parents and young children?  [color=blue]I don't![/color]  If they feel the need to say such things to their players, then say it where no one but them can hear it!

I don't expect them (the coaches) to be all surgery sweet to the players; however, when they (the coaches) are in the presence of the parents (aka: supporters) and young children, WATCH YOUR MOUTH!

For whoever said my son deserved it: you are a real piece of work.  Just for the record my son did not play that game; he was sick.  I was still there though, supporting the kids.  Working the concession stand.  Buying the sodas.  Ordering the shirts to support the team.  As a matter of fact, it was the same day that I turned in the sponsorship money that I had collected for the baseball program.  [b][color=blue]Don't talk about what you don't know![/color][/b]I know Coach Rojas would get onto the players; however, I don't recall ever hearing him curse like that in public.  Practices yes, NOT in public for everyone to hear.

As far as Coach T; I loved him when he was my PE coach in high school and I would have been furious had he not been appointed as AD.  I think he will do a wonderful job.  He has the knowledge, expertise, and personality that just makes him such a wonderful man.  I'm sad to see Coach Hooks go; but couldn't ask for a better replacement.

[/quote]I dont think that kind of language should be used on the field ever but it happens and keeping your son off the team will only hurt one person and its not the coach.

[quote name="queenb77630" post="1012876" timestamp="1305916006"]
So you men/women think its okay for a coach/teacher to say such things in front of parents and young children?  [color=blue]I don't![/color]  If they feel the need to say such things to their players, then say it where no one but them can hear it!

[color=red]For whoever said my son deserved it: you are a real piece of work[/color].  Just for the record my son did not play that game; he was sick.  I was still there though, supporting the kids.  Working the concession stand.  Buying the sodas.  Ordering the shirts to support the team.  As a matter of fact, it was the same day that I turned in the sponsorship money that I had collected for the baseball program.  [b][color=blue]Don't talk about what you don't know![/color][/b]I know Coach Rojas would get onto the players; however, I don't recall ever hearing him curse like that in public.  Practices yes, NOT in public for everyone to hear.

As far as Coach T; I loved him when he was my PE coach in high school and I would have been furious had he not been appointed as AD.  I think he will do a wonderful job.  He has the knowledge, expertise, and personality that just makes him such a wonderful man.  I'm sad to see Coach Hooks go; but couldn't ask for a better replacement.

[/quote]

That would be me. Maybe I was a little rough and I am sorry for that. Shea Landry is a fine young man and the kids will love him. He knows baseball. Believe me these young kids have heard cuss words before. Not saying it is right but don't condem the young coach so quickly. Give the guy a chance. Today is calm compared to 30 years ago. Most kids and parents would not except the coaching methods of 30 years ago which is sad IMO.

Guest UHCoog14
Sounds like a young coach had a lapse in judgement. Here's an idea, talk to HIM and express your concerns.
You might be suprised.

Well Shea has tutored under and with some great names in local baseball such as LCM's Steve Griffith, Former WOS and BC HC Sam Moore and Former College HC Chris Fackler and if you ask any of them they new this day was coming, he knows the game and will be a dedicated coach that will teach the kids the proper way to play the game and those kids will get better because of it.

As far as questioning the decision not to post it and try to get a experience HC....they made the right choice. And i am still laughing at the post about the terrible language and how her son will not play.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin