Jesse Riojas out at WO-S/Shea Landry named new coach.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Rijos has been relieved of the baseball coaching position. He has done a good job considering the state of the program that he took over. Remember that he took over the head coaching job almost half way through the season when the previous coach was terminated. Riojos took over the program with no head coaching experience and did a good job of trying to rebuild the program to where it once was. Yes Coach T. is a baseball guy at heart, he played at McNeese as a catcher back in the day. I feel certain that he does have a big interest in the baseball program as well as all sports since he is now the A.D.
I wish Coach Riojas the best of luck in the future, and thanks for the hard work.

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="1012316" timestamp="1305759642"]
WOS chances to do anything were last yr & this yr..I pull for em but it's gonna be tough from here on out..next yr y'all should contend but after that I'm not sure.
[/quote]

We have a few kids coming in that will be freshmen and then not sure about the class after that but the ones after that have several players also. We will definately have some work to do. Tough to put too much pressure on freshmen. Hopefully they will work hard and continue to get better.

[quote name="venom33" post="1012312" timestamp="1305759043"]
I heard Riojas is out as head coach as of today... if thats correct I say Fackler throws his hat in the ring!   ;)
[/quote]

I would bet alot of money that won't happen.

We won a four district games.  (a far cry from the state championship talk straight from the coach)  talk is cheap (i also read a quote in the paper proclaiming "WOS Baseball Is Back")

Back in the day we would win four games in a weekend against much better teams.  And although our coaches were tough, they were not verbally abusive to our youth and steered clear of preseason boasting.

Coach T will make sure it "IS BACK"  But not with words, he is a man of action.

[quote name="mustangsally" post="1012492" timestamp="1305818307"]
We won a four district games.  (a far cry from the state championship talk straight from the coach)  talk is cheap (i also read a quote in the paper proclaiming "WOS Baseball Is Back")

Back in the day we would win four games in a weekend against much better teams.  And although our coaches were tough, they were not verbally abusive to our youth and steered clear of preseason boasting.

Coach T will make sure it "IS BACK"  But not with words, he is a man of action.

[/quote]OK thanks.

[quote name="skipmeister" post="1012465" timestamp="1305814365"]
Marcus Thompson, if you are reading this, come back to WO-S as head baseball coach!
[/quote]I am sure he will not be back.  He is in Ark right now and just took a position at a private school.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="hitman009" post="1012517" timestamp="1305824716"]
[quote author=skipmeister link=topic=84400.msg1012465#msg1012465 date=1305814365]
Marcus Thompson, if you are reading this, come back to WO-S as head baseball coach!
[/quote]I am sure he will not be back.  He is in Ark right now and just took a position at a private school.
[/quote]

Marcus has been coaching at Galena Park High school this year. Unless he recently left.

[quote name="skipmeister" post="1012529" timestamp="1305827331"]
We need someone who can be a contender like it always has been since the '80's to mid-90's! Some of those big names are out there! I predict that Jay Stone, Sam Moore, Kip McFarlin, some of those big names will be considered!
[/quote]

All of those folks may command a little bit more than Coach Thompson has in his budget.

You beat me to it Fackler, I say hire Shea Landry who has been the asst. coach, works hard, very respected by parents and the kids, he would do a GREAT job.

I believe you will be hearing an announcement very soon.......stay tune!!!

[quote name="Bears" post="1012542" timestamp="1305829305"]
You beat me to it Fackler, I say hire Shea Landry who has been the asst. coach, works hard, very respected by parents and the kids, he would do a GREAT job.

I believe you will be hearing an announcement very soon.......stay tune!!!
[/quote]

Thats the word

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder