Tony Valastro hired by Galveston ISD as next AD/HC at Ball/Who Will EC Hire?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wackpack
think what you want i dont care .......when it is " posted" then you will see that i was right ............. ;D ;D ;D ;D ....i wonder if coach v replacement ever watches swamp people ?

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="playdefense" post="1002037" timestamp="1303743602"]
All you guys are funny.  The job has not even been posted and Valastro has not even turned in a letter of resignation and you have the replacement in line.  Good stuff.  Lets all just hope they do the right thing.
[/quote]

Looks like its just a formality at this point:

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/226610

[color=blue]The Texas High job is intriguing, but IMO, Coach T cannot hold on for too many years at WOS.  If Foreman can stay in the area, then he would be able to jump back to WOS when Thompson retires.  In the meantime, EC gets a good young mind who will advance their program to greater heights than it has now!  And dont' fire back with the argument that "we don't want a coach who has his eye on another job."  All coaches have their eye on the next rung.  It's just part of the business.[/color]

How intriguing.  I guess he better win a State Championship then. You cannot do much less and reach new heights..  What a statement.

Guest wackpack
[quote name="tamulonghorn" post="1002116" timestamp="1303756669"]
watches swamp people? heck he prolly knows half those guys!
[/quote] prob so !!!!!!!!!!!  thats a shooooter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  lol

Guest incognito123
[quote name="DTH" post="1002115" timestamp="1303756075"]
[color=blue]The Texas High job is intriguing, but IMO, Coach T cannot hold on for too many years at WOS.  If Foreman can stay in the area, then he would be able to jump back to WOS when Thompson retires.  In the meantime, EC gets a good young mind who will advance their program to greater heights than it has now!  And dont' fire back with the argument that "we don't want a coach who has his eye on another job."  All coaches have their eye on the next rung.  It's just part of the business.[/color]

How intriguing.  I guess he better win a State Championship then. You cannot do much less and reach new heights..  What a statement.
[/quote]

Are you saying that all EC has to left to accomplish is winning a state title?  How about reaching the state finals? Or winning more than two playoff games in any given year?  EC has a great program, but they are far from accomplishing everything possible sans a state title.

The Beaumont Enterprise and texashsfootball.com are reporting via their twitter accounts that the Galveston ISD has approved East Chambers HC/AD Tony Valastro to be the new Athletic Director for the Galveston ISD and the new head football coach at Galveston Ball.

I will be the first to admit I have a dog in this hunt, but I can promise you Galveston Ball could not find a better coach and more importantly, person for this job.  Coach Valastro is first class and anybody that knows him would agree.  He will bring discipline, work ethic, intensity, commitment, etc. to the program.  He will make sure kids are treated right and place a priority on helping kids reach their full potential.  Great hire and hold on -  things are gonna get really good on the island. 

[quote name="DTH" post="1002115" timestamp="1303756075"]

[/quote]
Seriously...Coach Evans built the EC program and was putting up 10-2 and 11-1 seasons nearly every year.  Win the first playoff game and then bow out.  Coach V inherited a winning program and kept it going maybe losing an extra game or so each season and bowing out of the playoffs in the second round.  So back to the comment about winning state championships.....There is quite a bit of room for improvement like going deep into the playoff.  Whoever takes over is going to have a talented group of players ready to win.  I'm certain whoever that person is does not currently coach at EC.

Guest ECBucFan
Andy Evans did a fine job at EC, and has a record that would still be envied by many. AE took a program mired in years of losing and "broke through" in '95. AE and EC won some huge battles vs. Alto, knocked off Garrison in the first OT playoff game in the state of Texas (IIRC), but simply had the misfortune of meeting Mart too many times. Still, EC battled them hard everytime.

Then, lest people forget, Stan Howard came in (was it 2005?) and brought a ton of energy to the Bucs. That year Newton had just dropped to 2A, and everyone and their brother was expecting no one (including EC) in 2A to come within 50 points of them. Stans Bucs very nearly pulled off a shocking win though by leading late into the game before Newton barely pulled it out. Stans Bucs fought Mart hard before ending their playoff run. Stan was then "let go" due to no fault of his own.

TV picked up the program and it didn't miss a beat. EC knocked off favored Anahuac 2X, and ripped the District Championship away from Newton. In the playoffs, the first or second round history of reigning District Champion EC became "third round" of late. Had it not been for kick recieving miscues, EC could have beaten state finalist Cameron Yoe. QB Jones shredded the Yoemen for 250+ rushing yards, but EC gave away too many free points. I said before here and I will say again, "I would put TV's X's & O's up against anyones".

EC has been blessed to have 3 great coaches (Don't forget Stan!). I wish them all well and look forward to seeing the program achieve even more. Go Bucs!  ;D

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1002731" timestamp="1303885813"]
Andy Evans did a fine job at EC, and has a record that would still be envied by many. AE took a program mired in years of losing and "broke through" in '95. AE and EC won some huge battles vs. Alto, knocked off Garrison in the first OT playoff game in the state of Texas (IIRC), but simply had the misfortune of meeting Mart too many times. Still, EC battled them hard everytime.

Then, lest people forget, Stan Howard came in (was it 2005?) and brought a ton of energy to the Bucs. That year Newton had just dropped to 2A, and everyone and their brother was expecting no one (including EC) in 2A to come within 50 points of them. Stans Bucs very nearly pulled off a shocking win though by leading late into the game before Newton barely pulled it out. Stans Bucs fought Mart hard before ending their playoff run. Stan was then "let go" due to no fault of his own.

TV picked up the program and it didn't miss a beat. EC knocked off favored Anahuac 2X, and ripped the District Championship away from Newton. In the playoffs, the first or second round history of reigning District Champion EC became "third round" of late. Had it not been for kick recieving miscues, EC could have beaten state finalist Cameron Yoe. QB Jones shredded the Yoemen for 250+ rushing yards, but EC gave away too many free points. I said before here and I will say again, "I would put TV's X's & O's up against anyones".

EC has been blessed to have 3 great coaches (Don't forget Stan!). I wish them all well and look forward to seeing the program achieve even more. Go Bucs!   ;D

[/quote]
Well said ECBucFan, having watched the Bucs play the Pirates all these years, and in the playoffs, EC has always been prepared and well coached, direct result of the Head Coaching.

I forgot about Coach Stan's quick stint at EC.  Both he and Coach Valasto carried on the winning that Coach Evans started.  EC will not have a problem replacing Coach V just like the replaced the previous 2 coaches and kept winning.  There is always room for improvement......unless you are stringing state championships seasons together like Mart did several years ago and Dangerfield is doing now.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="finger roll" post="1002747" timestamp="1303907245"]
  EC will not have a problem replacing Coach V just like the replaced the previous 2 coaches and kept winning.  There is always room for improvement......
[/quote]

I agree. AE started a winning tradition that still carries on today with a 17 year playoff streak, Stan Howard injected the Bucs with a energy and passion I hadn't seen before then, and TV progressed to the third round the past two years, losing only to S.C. Daingerfield and finalist Yoe.

If the ECCISD brings in the right guy, this program can definitely take the next step. Quite frankly, this is one of the highest coveted AD jobs in SETX, and will attract the best candidates. With an established, winning program at a good [u]school[/u], no doubt TV purposely kept his daughter at EC, and wasn't going to budge until graduation took place. Very glad to hear T. Foreman has applied!   

Guest wackpack
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1002705" timestamp="1303871712"]
Now that playdefense has given his endorsement, I guess it's okay to "now" speculate as to who or who should get the AD/HC job at East Chambers. ;) ;D

How about you, playdefense? You up for taking over at EC?
[/quote] no hes going with valastro

Whoever gets the job will have a long way to go to pass what Coach Valastro has done there. He not only has raised the level of play there beyond his predecessors but has built even better men. The biggest competition the next coach will have is the team real close. The basketball team.

Guest ECBucFan
It is noteworthy Valastro had some great athletes to work with that Andy Evans and Stan Howard didn't always have. Valastro came to EC when Tremaine Thomas was a Freshman, and also had Vance McDonald (both NCAA Div. 1, at Arkansas and Rice respectively), and current Sr. Hank Jones.   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder