Tony Valastro hired by Galveston ISD as next AD/HC at Ball/Who Will EC Hire?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="DTH" post="1000846" timestamp="1303409974"]
No animosity here but if he is that good, should have been hired by WOS.  I am not arguing that he does not know football because he sure must if they have been that good for so long. But just saying.
[/quote]

So what are you saying, that because Toby Foreman was not hired by WOS over Cornell Thompson, he is not good enough for the East Chambers job?

That's ridiculous.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="DTH" post="1000846" timestamp="1303409974"]
No animosity here but if he is that good, should have been hired by WOS.  I am not arguing that he does not know football because he sure must if they have been that good for so long. But just saying.
[/quote]

Two comments.  Not everyone thinks the WO-S job is utopia, and maybe he respects Coach T's position that much.

Guest wackpack
[quote name="DTH" post="1000801" timestamp="1303403632"]
The best hire for the EC job would be the current DC Rusty Cauthern.  Nobody else should be considered before him.  I promise you there is not a better coach.
[/quote] heard he was going with coach v

Guest incognito123
Foreman has to be the guy.  There is no way he can stay at WOS with the way it all shook down.  If this happens EC will be getting a great one that shoudl inject even more excitement into a great program! 

Well, let's not consider Coach Valastro out the door yet.  According to one statewide website, nobody within the Galveston ISD has even confirmed that the job had been offered.

Ball is certainly a high enough profile school that Houston media would have been on it had some progress been made in the search and I have seen nothing.

Man, I dont want Toby to leave WOS he has an unbelievable offensive sceme. However, hes a friend and I respect him. He wants to better himself by getting a HC/AD position, then go get it brother. His ambition and win-or-nothing attitude is what makes him such a great coach. Also, what he does for his players is uncanny. That guy has paraded kids around(On his own money with his own car) trying to get them scholarships (after they graduated of couse). He is a players coach with a WOS dicipline mind. Its a win win. But, man I hope he doesnt leave us. With him at OC and Coach Thompson as HC/AD and maybe MARK Foreman as DC here at WOS, whew, we would have the best staff in the state!!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1000990" timestamp="1303428063"]
Well, let's not consider Coach Valastro out the door yet.  According to one statewide website, nobody within the Galveston ISD has even confirmed that the job had been offered.

Ball is certainly a high enough profile school that Houston media would have been on it had some progress been made in the search and I have seen nothing.
[/quote]
I have confirmation from a very good source. Coach Cauthern is probably going to follow him but who knows.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder