Will WO-S and LC-M ever consolidate??

Funny I was just talking about this with an ex supt. He said that partly because of that merger both schools have to be on board with a consolidation now.

Also, Dewhurst is really, really opposed to county wide consolidations due to the distances in West Texas.

I guess that for the moment it's not likely.

[quote name="leonard sly" post="1000328" timestamp="1303320081"]
If/when it'll be state ruled, county wide, each school will keep it's identity IMO.

Might be triggered by financial problems....just like Stark and WO, again just my opinion.
[/quote]

Each school keep it's own identity, but be "tied together" in a consolidated district?  Interesting concept.

Scenerio 1:  LCM finally passes an "umpteen-million dollar" bond to build a new High School & Junior High and then the next year consolidate to have the other good people of Orange County help pay for it?

[quote name="Don't slap PAM or Brooke  too hard with your pimp hand,Jags." post="999644" timestamp="1303247244"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=83348.msg999642#msg999642 date=1303247029]
[quote author=Don't slap PAM or Brooke  too hard with your pimp hand,Jags. link=topic=83348.msg999639#msg999639 date=1303246878]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=83348.msg999606#msg999606 date=1303242244]
I still say LCM got robbed of a playoff spot.  ;) I would have had them there instead of Central LMAO!!!

wait for it....................................................
[/quote]Won't happen.  [b]You see the mess that was formed when SFA, Lincoln, and Jefferson combined[/b]...   ;D ;D
[/quote]the best 5A school in SETX was formed  ;)
[/quote]After Charles, the talent pool went dry.  Basketball was medeocre, then  you started losing talent to MC and  Beaumont Kelly (are you serious)? ;D
[/quote]

As hard as I've been on PAM since the merger, you can't name me one kid that could start @ either football or basketball who left.....

Now back on topic.  Wilmer-Hutchins ISD was dissolved into Dallas due to years of financial mismanagement to the point of only 30 percent of their buildings could be used.  I'm sure somebody will fact check me but I'm sure that's what led to their demise....

[quote name="SFA85" post="1003012" timestamp="1303952764"]
Now back on topic.  Wilmer-Hutchins ISD was dissolved into Dallas due to years of financial mismanagement to the point of only 30 percent of their buildings could be used.  I'm sure somebody will fact check me but I'm sure that's what led to their demise....
[/quote]

85, my reading indicates that the closure of the Wilmer-Hutchins ISD was due to both financial mismanagement and chronic "academically unacceptable" ratings given by the TEA to the district, even after TEA monitors were sent. 

Although the WOC CISD has not had a recent rating of "academically unacceptable" for the entire district, a number of the schools in the district, including WO-S High, have received that rating in the recent past.  Also, the district has been under fire from the TEA for it's financial condition.  In fact, Superintendent Colbert has stated that he will need to seek a $ 6.075 million bond issue because as he told Gary Stelly, "We haven't done of lot of things we agreed to do in 2007 (for a $ 47.5 million bond issue passed by the voters)." 

For years I've thought state forced consolidation may be inevitable because of WOC academic and financial problems. It’s too early to tell but I’m going to stay optimistic about Colbert turning the district around.

[quote name="mat" post="1003089" timestamp="1303993885"]
For years I've thought state forced consolidation may be inevitable because of WOC academic and financial problems. It’s too early to tell but I’m going to stay optimistic about Colbert turning the district around.
[/quote]

I forgot to include the new future board members to my optimism.  ;D

[quote name="mat" post="1003090" timestamp="1303994149"]
[quote author=mat link=topic=83348.msg1003089#msg1003089 date=1303993885]
[/quote]

I forgot to include the new future board members to my optimism.  ;D
[/quote]

Early voting is at the library May 2-10. Don't forgt to vote.  ;D

[quote name="marshman" post="1003195" timestamp="1304013387"]
Good luck td with the lection...hope you get voted in...Looks like someone with a reasonable voice needs to be on the board.
[/quote]

Thanks for the well wishes. I hope you still live where you can vote.

[quote name="BucketSitR" post="1003244" timestamp="1304019975"]
td, have you lost your mind!!!!  Now everyone will be talking about you!!!

Good Luck,
BucketSitR
[/quote]

And that will b different, how?

If you remember I think we both lost bits and pieces of it in college.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder