Guest JoesBros

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Old61Eagle" post="996683" timestamp="1302666168"]
Phatmack & 8isgreat - both of you are completely wrong!  He didn't swing.  My grandson (from Nederland) was standing by 1st base and said he didn't swing.  I was sitting behind home plate and he didn't even swing at all (it was ball 4 so he didn't swing).  And 8isgreat if he "obviously" swung why didn't the plate ump call it???
[/quote]

I trust 8isgreat. He's got the eye-sight of a hawk.  ;D

[quote name="Old61Eagle" post="996683" timestamp="1302666168"]
Phatmack & 8isgreat - both of you are completely wrong!  He didn't swing.  My grandson (from Nederland) was standing by 1st base and said he didn't swing.  I was sitting behind home plate and he didn't even swing at all (it was ball 4 so he didn't swing).  And 8isgreat if he "obviously" swung why didn't the plate ump call it???
[/quote]

I was between Phatmack and 8isgreat, we all agreed both swings were strikes. I'm not sure if Blue needed any help at 1st, but he got it.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="baasebaall" post="996695" timestamp="1302666604"]
The plate umpire didn't know his behind from a hole in the ground he obviously wasn't watching much of the game being that he had to ask for help 4 or 5 times.  Nederland took advantage of a hitting streak but PNG had some bad calls.  [/quote]
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

[quote name="baasebaall" post="996695" timestamp="1302666604"]
The plate umpire didn't know his behind from a hole in the ground he obviously wasn't watching much of the game being that he had to ask for help 4 or 5 times.  Nederland took advantage of a hitting streak but PNG had some bad calls.  Had someone in purple and white chewed out the umpire all the way to the dugout after 2 warnings were given like #9 from Nederland....they would have been tossed!
[/quote]

Glad your not bitter or making excuses .....great job Dogs

So a png player  throwing his bat after a K and mouthing isn't reason enough to be thrown out but what Trev did is. Notice how I didn't put a name or # to the player. They both were wrong for showing their butts and I'm sure their coaches have handled it. I know #9s did.

[quote name="Razor" post="996700" timestamp="1302667006"]
[quote author=baasebaall link=topic=83014.msg996695#msg996695 date=1302666604]
The plate umpire didn't know his behind from a hole in the ground he obviously wasn't watching much of the game being that he had to ask for help 4 or 5 times.  Nederland took advantage of a hitting streak but PNG had some bad calls.  Had someone in purple and white chewed out the umpire all the way to the dugout after 2 warnings were given like #9 from Nederland....they would have been tossed!
[/quote]

[/quote]

So was it okay for the purple player to chew out the umpire(s) all the way into the outfield after a 3rd out strikeout?  Or to throw his bat? Or his helmet?  How about throwing his helmet across the field at the end of the game?  Guess you missed all of that.  Or was it okay because you thought those were bad calls?  Trev argued with the ump only after he was rung up for a 4th straight time - all on questionable called third strikes.  You've known him for a longtime and you know he doesn't typically argue calls or lose his cool.

The truth is, it was a hard fought rivalry game with some very questionable calls.  That makes for lots of emotion.  Sure, Trev shouldn't have lost his cool, but it is really easy to understand why he did.  Lots of us fans did too.  We (on both sides) said lots of things that would have gotten us tossed if we were on the field.  We really ought not to be overly critical of either player.  Neither one did anything that crazy and neither one did something stupid and hurt themselves.

I guess what I am trying to say is that you need to be careful where you throw your stones.

[quote name="welovebaseball" post="996712" timestamp="1302668100"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=83014.msg996700#msg996700 date=1302667006]
[quote author=baasebaall link=topic=83014.msg996695#msg996695 date=1302666604]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So was it okay for the purple player to chew out the umpire(s) all the way into the outfield after a 3rd out strikeout?  Or to throw his bat? Or his helmet?  How about throwing his helmet across the field at the end of the game?  Guess you missed all of that.  Or was it okay because you thought those were bad calls?  Trev argued with the ump only after he was rung up for a 4th straight time - all on questionable called third strikes.  You've known him for a longtime and you know he doesn't typically argue calls or lose his cool.

The truth is, it was a hard fought rivalry game with some very questionable calls.  That makes for lots of emotion.  Sure, Trev shouldn't have lost his cool, but it is really easy to understand why he did.  Lots of us fans did too.  We (on both sides) said lots of things that would have gotten us tossed if we were on the field.  We really ought not to be overly critical of either player.  Neither one did anything that crazy and neither one did something stupid and hurt themselves.

I guess what I am trying to say is that you need to be careful where you throw your stones.

[/quote]The truth is, it was a hard fought rivalry game with some very questionable calls.  That makes for lots of emotion.  Sure, Trev shouldn't have lost his cool, but it is really easy to understand why he did.  Lots of us fans did too.

I'm afraid I don't understand why it's ok to act like that while our children are playing a game for fun. Please explain.

It is what it is...Game over..I think Stone was doing a great job keeping hitters off balance, I would have stayed with him a little longer..But I am a cook not a high school coach..And as for Trevin acting that way ..It has to be frustriating to get called out on those types of pitches..(Great job Stone)But for some of these people to post about what my son does uhh! Whatever ...And the ones doing the rock throwing need to stand back and look at your own kid :o..AND I KNOW WHO YOU ARE..and I AM not mad about it ...Because it does not suprise me what so ever..Congrats Dogs..You guys have a great day ......Love BUBBA SONNIER :-*

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="BaseBow" post="996802" timestamp="1302701792"]
It is what it is...Game over..I think Stone was doing a great job keeping hitters off balance, I would have stayed with him a little longer..But I am a cook not a high school coach..And as for Trevin acting that way ..It has to be frustriating to get called out on those types of pitches..(Great job Stone)But for some of these people to post about what my son does uhh! Whatever ...And the ones doing the rock throwing need to stand back and look at your own kid :o..AND I KNOW WHO YOU ARE..and I AM not mad about it ...Because it does not suprise me what so ever..Congrats Dogs..You guys have a great day ......Love BUBBA SONNIER :-*
[/quote]

You had me at "Hello". :D

[quote name="Year of the Pat!" post="996810" timestamp="1302703223"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=83014.msg996802#msg996802 date=1302701792]
[/quote]

You had me at "Hello". :D
[/quote]I am sorry I love You Guys down I-10 ALSO ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder