Next WO-S Head Football Coach.....COACH THOMPSON IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[quote name="kicker" post="1000205" timestamp="1303311045"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=82860.msg999623#msg999623 date=1303244311]
[quote author=KFDM KERRY COOPER link=topic=82860.msg999620#msg999620 date=1303244010]
Who's? Coach T? Those are his workouts.  :D
[/quote] :D :D I couldnt handle that Mustang Mile  :D
[/quote]

Of course you could. Here is a funny story. When i was a freshman player there, I was fortunate enough to get info from a senior player. See, what thompson didnt tell the freshman is that you had to always beat your time from previous years. And folks, were talking about the mustang mile numerous times a year. Before it was all over, you had run it probably 15-18 times in 4 years. So what did I do? Took the advice. I ran my first Mustang mile as slow as I could without the coaches catching on. So by the time i was a Senior, I could beat my past times. ;D Now, I think i just ruined this for next years freshmen. Sorry, Coach T, it had to come out sometime. ;D
[/quote] :D :D

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kicker" post="1000205" timestamp="1303311045"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=82860.msg999623#msg999623 date=1303244311]
[quote author=KFDM KERRY COOPER link=topic=82860.msg999620#msg999620 date=1303244010]
Who's? Coach T? Those are his workouts.  :D
[/quote] :D :D I couldnt handle that Mustang Mile  :D
[/quote]

Of course you could. Here is a funny story. When i was a freshman player there, I was fortunate enough to get info from a senior player. See, what thompson didnt tell the freshman is that you had to always beat your time from previous years. And folks, were talking about the mustang mile numerous times a year. Before it was all over, you had run it probably 15-18 times in 4 years. So what did I do? Took the advice. I ran my first Mustang mile as slow as I could without the coaches catching on. So by the time i was a Senior, I could beat my past times. ;D Now, I think i just ruined this for next years freshmen. Sorry, Coach T, it had to come out sometime. ;D
[/quote]Being a kicker I'am not surprised you probably had on two different kinda of shoes!  ;D  Just pokin fun couldnt pass it up.

Another story....hope this doesnt hurt his chances, but his offseason was BRUTAL, but you could go through any tough spot in life if you just look back at what you did as a Mustang. During offseason, we would have "burnout" days in the weightroom. All varsity players had football right before lunch. A burnout day was do as many reps you could on a specific body part, upper or lower depending on the day) without it falling off. Youy would get done, go try to take a shower(arms wouldnt work) then try to get dressed(with arms not working) and go to the luch room only to try and eat a burrito with your face(arms no worky) :D Man, You know how hard it is to eat something without the use of your arms? :D ;D

[quote name="77" post="1000219" timestamp="1303311761"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=82860.msg1000205#msg1000205 date=1303311045]
Who's? Coach T? Those are his workouts.  :D
[/quote] :D :D I couldnt handle that Mustang Mile  :D
[/quote]

[/quote]Being a kicker I'am not surprised you probably had on two different kinda of shoes!  ;D  Just pokin fun couldnt pass it up.
[/quote]

:D :D Nope, always wore same shoes, always wanted to be balanced.. i was a 6'2" 200lb "tackling kicker" never a safety on kickoffs. I was known for laying people out on kickoffs. just ask some folks. oh, and ran a 4.4 sec 40yrd. And before anyone asks why I didnt play another position, its hard to get a spot when you have 3 linebackers and two safties that were all distict and all state. lol

[quote name="kicker" post="1000222" timestamp="1303311935"]
Another story....hope this doesnt hurt his chances, but his offseason was BRUTAL, but you could go through any tough spot in life if you just look back at what you did as a Mustang. During offseason, we would have "burnout" days in the weightroom. All varsity players had football right before lunch. A burnout day was do as many reps you could on a specific body part, upper or lower depending on the day) without it falling off. Youy would get done, go try to take a shower(arms wouldnt work) then try to get dressed(with arms not working) and go to the luch room only to try and eat a burrito with your face(arms no worky) :D Man, You know how hard it is to eat something without the use of your arms? :D ;D
[/quote]
Burnouts are the worst, lots of "fun" memories of them.

[quote name="kicker" post="1000304" timestamp="1303317880"]
official just means hire date. The pick will be today from what i was told by two sources. I have a feeling that T will get the nod. But if not, I see this board erupting!
[/quote]

yes sir, they wll find out at 3 today!

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1000310" timestamp="1303318423"]
and we still dont have the list of applicants  ::)
[/quote]

Just can't figure out why that is so important. Good things come to those who wait.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin