Nederland vs. Galveston Ball

I respect them and I'm proud that they are representing 20-4a.  It's just that that the competition is getting tougher.  This Ball team is pretty good.  I do want Nederland to win and if they do, I'll be celebrating with the rest of y'all.  Don't get it twisted.  The respect is there. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Soulja ... our guys do deserve it and I along with the rest of our fans will be there Friday night giving it all we have.  We know our competition is tough and will get even tougher as we travel along in this.  I am convinced that Coach English will prepare the boys to the best of his ability and show up Friday night with our "A" game.  And I agree .... we are a part of that "tougher competition" that our opponents will have to face.

Has anyone heard if NISD will have an early dismissal Friday?
With a 6:00 tip it is going to be impossible to leave Nederland at
3:30 and make it to the west side of Houston at that time of the day. 
We need to continue to show our support for the DOGS. 

[quote name="OldPaw57" post="976930" timestamp="1299200570"]
Has anyone heard if NISD will have an early dismissal Friday?
With a 6:00 tip it is going to be impossible to leave Nederland at
3:30 and make it to the west side of Houston at that time of the day. 
We need to continue to show our support for the DOGS. 
[/quote]

No early dismissal. I'll just have to take mine out early.

I bet there will be a lot of excuses written tomorrow. 
I dare say it "if it was a football there would be early dismissal".
When is the last time that the basketball team has advanced this far?
NISD needs to recognize this ! I think mine have dentist appointments Friday after lunch.
See you at the game - GO DOGS

I am getting mine at 2pm ...... it is a 2 hour drive to Katy.... you have to make it there before 4:30 or you will get caught in traffic and/or accidents on I-10.  If that happens you will be lucky if you make it by halftime.  They didn't nickname that part of I-10 as "THE BEAST" for nothing.  I lived out there during 2008-2009 and I won't do it again!  They spent close to 1Billion dollars improving that whole area to move traffic better.... it has improved but the drivers haven't.  Drive safely and get on the road EARLY!!!!!

By the way, I used the website to buy my tickets also..... took all of 3 minutes to get them..... very easy and fast.

GO DOGS!

[quote name="OldPaw57" post="976963" timestamp="1299201614"]
I bet there will be a lot of excuses written tomorrow. 
I dare say it "if it was a football there would be early dismissal".
When is the last time that the basketball team has advanced this far?
NISD needs to recognize this ! I think mine have dentist appointments Friday after lunch.
See you at the game - GO DOGS
[/quote]

according to Coach English (article in Beaumont Enterprise) Nederland has not been to Regional Semi-finals since the 1940's.

I know it is too late for this, but the Bulldog fans with EZ Tags will be able to zoom zoom zoom down the Katy Freeway.
Also...
If you have three or more in the car, when you get to the west loop intersection on I-10 (around mile marker 763) STAY LEFT.  The access to the HOV lane is from the left lane.  If you have an EZ Tag you can get on regardless.
Good luck to the Bulldogs tonight.  Slow down the game, limit the turnovers, and shoot lights out.

I posted this in another thread, it is copied below
For those that go to Bush Airport from the Triangle (or needing to go down the toll roads in Houston)...
The last segment of BWY between HWY 90 and HWY 59 is now open!
It is EZ Tag only.  They are finally openning an EZ Tag store on the north east side of town.
Click on the link for the information on the new EZ Tag store.
http://www.espview.com/hctra/NESam/NE_Sam_email.html

To get an EZ Tag they will need the vehicle VIN # and the license plate.  For each car you get an ez tag for they deduct $40 from a credit card.  It is pretty painless to get one.  I just wrote my license plate number on my car insurance (which has the VIN #) and it didn't take long at all.
As they said on ch 13 Friday morning, "Finally, after three generations of workers, they finished BWY 8."

Just because someone picks the other team to beat "your" team, is not a lack of respect, it's a PREDICTION. People can have opinions that don't have to agree with "your" team winning every game.  ::)

I've seen post after post from Soulja saying how good he thinks Nederland is doing and done this season and Honest Abe you have called him out about not having respect for Nederland.  ::)

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="977417" timestamp="1299255474"]
Just because someone picks the other team to beat "your" team, is not a lack of respect, it's a PREDICTION. People can have opinions that don't have to agree with "your" team winning every game.  ::)

I've seen post after post from Soulja saying how good he thinks Nederland is doing and done this season and Honest Abe you have called him out about not having respect for Nederland.   ::)

[/quote] 8)

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="977417" timestamp="1299255474"]

I've seen post after post from Soulja saying how good he thinks Nederland is doing and done this season and Honest Abe you have called him out about not having respect for Nederland.   ::)

[/quote]

I'm just trying to convince him that Nederland has a legit chance to win. It's not too late to jump on their bandwagon. Another reason I'm on him is b/c I don't want him to go 5-10 again tonight-ha! ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833