Nederland vs. Galveston Ball

[quote name="badndn" post="976219" timestamp="1299161232"]
Ball by 10.
Someone mentioned Forney containing Balls bigs!!! ::) He will be in foul trouble early.
[/quote]

You don't have a clue about what you are talking about! Forney has not fouled out of a game ALL season, and Kelvin Smith has only fouled out once (against Huntsville). Even if ONE of them does foul out, you forgot about our Freshman, Weisbrod, who can fill in for either one of them!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Scooter!" post="976242" timestamp="1299162381"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=81169.msg976240#msg976240 date=1299162341]
Is Ball High a good free throw shooting team?
[/quote]They made them when they played LM
[/quote]
[color=navy][b]
Ball's FT% is 66.6% over 36 games[/b][/color]

If Silsbee can play with Ball, Nederland can too. Plus, Nederland has the size to match up with Ball.

I think the key is Archie for Ball. He is the one that killed Silsbee, not Petteway or Evans (Petteway only had 8 points against Silsbee). Archie scored 27, going 13-14 from free throw line.

I got Ball winning, but a very close one, by 4.

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="976424" timestamp="1299169812"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=81169.msg976242#msg976242 date=1299162381]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=81169.msg976240#msg976240 date=1299162341]
Is Ball High a good free throw shooting team?
[/quote]They made them when they played LM
[/quote]
[color=navy][b]
Ball's FT% is 66.6% over 36 games[/b][/color]
[/quote]

As a team, that is exceptional for HS.

[quote name="Coonass322" post="976332" timestamp="1299165965"]
I am not really worried about what college any kid is going to...I have watched many Lincoln/South Oak Cliff and Plano HS teams that have made deep runs in the playoffs and not sent a single kid to play college ball...

What I do know is that each team has their own style and from watching both teams over the past few months I think this should be a barn burner....Ball will try and pick the pace of the game up but Nederland has shown that scoring in transition is something they can do and slowing the game entirely is not what they have to do to win the game...Post play will be the difference in this game....If Nederland hangs on to the ball down the stretch I think they pull this one out....
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]So you're logic essentially is that a fictitious team with 5 DI commits vs a team of average/above average players with no DI commits is gonna lose a higher percentage of games if they played each other in 10 different games. Yea right! Why do you think our NBA ALL-Star caliber teams wipe the floor with their opponents on their way to GOLD medals. Also, if you go back and read my post I never stated that the ONLY thing Ned needed to do was slow the pace of the game down in order to be successful. Lastly Ball will not try to pick the pace up...they indeed will do so from the opening tip-off. Ball can run a half court offense effectively as well as their perimeter shooting is as good as any other team I've seen this year. I guess seeing is believing and both teams better be prepared for the large venue of the Merrill Center because the size and electric atmosphere is nothing like any game either team has played in. [/b][/color]

Guest tappedout
Ball's pressure defense will be the difference in this one. Nederland struggles with pressure and they will see a whole lot of it against Ball. I hope I am wrong and Nederland pull's it out. Either way it has been a great run for NHS.

[quote name="tappedout" post="976491" timestamp="1299171826"]
Ball's pressure defense will be the difference in this one. Nederland struggles with pressure and they will see a whole lot of it against Ball. I hope I am wrong and Nederland pull's it out. Either way it has been a great run for NHS.
[/quote]

Humble pressured Nederland all night, and they did just fine. This continue's to be a 'non-issue' in games when teams put pressure on Nederland. Bring something else...

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="976436" timestamp="1299170444"]
If Silsbee can play with Ball, Nederland can too. Plus, Nederland has the size to match up with Ball.

I think the key is Archie for Ball. He is the one that killed Silsbee, not Petteway or Evans (Petteway only had 8 points against Silsbee). Archie scored 27, going 13-14 from free throw line.

I got Ball winning, but a very close one, by 4.
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Archie had an exceptional game vs Silsbee but on a larger scale percentage wise Archie is not to be to be feared no where near as much as Petteway or Evans...they are consistent game changers that if not on the floor Ball doesn't perform as well as a team. Archie averages 12.1 PPG (65% at the line) while Petteway is at 19.2 PPG (69% at the line) and Evans is at 18.6 PPG (69% at the line). All three of them are a great trio no doubt and that smaller PG is really a quick and scrappy player that can be a pest defensively. It very well may be close and yes either team can win on any given night but I gotta go with Ball when all is said and done. I'm not a homer for my district and why in the world would I want to face Ball yet again after 2 losses (1 because they flat out beat us and the other because we blew a huge halftime lead and didn't show up for the 2nd half) already should LM get by Kingwood Park? [/b][/color]

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="976473" timestamp="1299171416"]
Hey, 88, you may need to change your avitar and signature.  LaMarque basketball is not too shabby either... 
[/quote]

[color=navy][b][b]Yea fella, I was thinking about creating a new avatar with Paint Shop Pro but just never got around to it. I have to give major props to Coach Mason for helping to turn around our BB program and keeping them competitive since his tenure has started as HC. I was especially impressed how he adjusted to Yates' press and didn't get into a track meet with them because IMO that is Yates' strong suit and although we did run with them at times we also played less full press "D" and maintained a scoring gap while playing half court "D" instead. I think Mason tried to emulate Wise's defensive philosphy but I honestly believe that he finally realized that you don't want to get into a track meet with a team that can match your intensity and speed after the 2 losses vs Ball. IMO, running that type of pressure "D" does a disservice to players who are going to play at the next level because that's simply not the style played at the college level typically.[/b][/b][/color]

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="976473" timestamp="1299171416"]
Hey, 88, you may need to change your avitar and signature.  LaMarque basketball is not too shabby either... 
[/quote] For a team to be "not too shabby", they sure did dominate Yates (the defending champs). Yates had to play catch up nearly the entire game. Lamarque is a very explosive and talented team... Taking them lightly will be a big mistake.

[quote name="cougar2011" post="976548" timestamp="1299175777"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=81169.msg976473#msg976473 date=1299171416]
[/quote] For a team to be "not too shabby", they sure did dominate Yates (the defending champs). Yates had to play catch up nearly the entire game. Lamarque is a very explosive and talented team... Taking them lightly will be a big mistake.
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]True LM did take down Yates (virtually in their back yard) who at the time was ranked #3 but we must be humble and not forget the Yates team we beat very decisively most of the game was not the same caliber as last years State Championship team. From here on there are NO EASY opponents left in the 4A bracket State wide and Dallas Lincoln, Ball and Dallas Kimball are all very good basketball teams that can make you look silly if you don't show up to play![/b][/color]

[quote name="cougar2011" post="976548" timestamp="1299175777"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=81169.msg976473#msg976473 date=1299171416]
[/quote]That was a sarcastic remark.  88 knows what I mean.  They have been having recent success.  Taking down Yates is a task all in it's own...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="976640" timestamp="1299181174"]
'Dogs - 71

Tors - 76
[/quote]

now now... you said the Wildcats were gonna beat us by 14 last night.  Where is your faith in our DOGS? Show a little support Soulja..... I know deep down you are cheering for us just a little bit..... you can admit it.  8) :D

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="976681" timestamp="1299183027"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=81169.msg976640#msg976640 date=1299181174]
'Dogs - 71

Tors - 76
[/quote]

now now... you said the Wildcats were gonna beat us by 14 last night.  Where is your faith in our DOGS? Show a little support Soulja..... I know deep down you are cheering for us just a little bit..... you can admit it.   8) :D
[/quote]I am cheering for y'all.  It's  just the heart and mind thing.  Heart say Bulldogs and mind says Tors...

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="976681" timestamp="1299183027"]
'Dogs - 71

Tors - 76
[/quote]

now now... you said the Wildcats were gonna beat us by 14 last night.  Where is your faith in our DOGS? Show a little support Soulja..... I know deep down you are cheering for us just a little bit..... you can admit it.   8) :D
[/quote]

I asked the same thing earlier. Outside of Nederland fans, only Lazeek and Scooter and stevenash r giving Nederland the respect they deserve!

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="976694" timestamp="1299183411"]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=81169.msg976681#msg976681 date=1299183027]
'Dogs - 71

Tors - 76
[/quote]

now now... you said the Wildcats were gonna beat us by 14 last night.  Where is your faith in our DOGS? Show a little support Soulja..... I know deep down you are cheering for us just a little bit..... you can admit it.  8) :D
[/quote]

I asked the same thing earlier. Outside of Nederland fans, only Lazeek and Scoooter r giving Nederland the respect they deserve!
[/quote]

I know....my faith is strong and I believe we are gonna  beat BALL.  I can't believe we are not getting more respect from the basketball community.  This Nederland team is special and is representing 20-4A top notch style. 

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="976702" timestamp="1299183688"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=81169.msg976694#msg976694 date=1299183411]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=81169.msg976681#msg976681 date=1299183027]
'Dogs - 71

Tors - 76
[/quote]

now now... you said the Wildcats were gonna beat us by 14 last night.  Where is your faith in our DOGS? Show a little support Soulja..... I know deep down you are cheering for us just a little bit..... you can admit it.   8) :D
[/quote]

I asked the same thing earlier. Outside of Nederland fans, only Lazeek and Scoooter r giving Nederland the respect they deserve!
[/quote]

I know....my faith is strong and I believe we are gonna  beat BALL.  I can't believe we are not getting more respect from the basketball community.  This Nederland team is special and is representing 20-4A top notch style. 
[/quote]  It's ok.  The skepticism is probably going to work to your advantage.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax