Can Evadale make a run to state?

If the same team showes up ,that played the second half of Fridaynights game showes up, I see them making a deep run in the playoffs. They are not a jumpshooting team, they have to get the ball inside to the three big guys, and they have to finish their shots. In Fridays game the three inside players schore 39 points in the paint. The team was 3 for 5 from the 3 point line. But still need to make those free throws late in the game ;) But as long as they keep playing this way, the only team that can stop them is themselfs.

[quote name="True Blue" post="973950" timestamp="1298902615"]
If the same team showes up ,that played the second half of Fridaynights game showes up, I see them making a deep run in the playoffs. They are not a jumpshooting team, they have to get the ball inside to the three big guys, and they have to finish their shots. In Fridays game the three inside players schore 39 points in the paint. The team was 3 for 5 from the 3 point line. But still need to make those free throws late in the game ;) But as long as they keep playing this way, the only team that can stop them is themselfs.
[/quote]OK True, granted, you have seen a whole lot more Evadale games than I have, but I thought Evadale has a good thing going when they work it into one of the big men and as the defense collapses on him, he kicks it out for a wide open 3.  Has that not been working of late?

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="973953" timestamp="1298902932"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=81001.msg973950#msg973950 date=1298902615]
[/quote]OK True, granted, you have seen a whole lot more Evadale games than I have, but I thought Evadale has a good thing going when they work it into one of the big men and as the defense collapses on him, he kicks it out for a wide open 3.  Has that not been working of late?
[/quote] Well the last 2 games the three ball has not been falling. We went 0 for 10 agains Leggett,and we only shot 5 Friday. Yorktown was a small guard team that was real fast so we did not get many open looks from out side, But they had no answer for the size inside. #21 scored 28 points and they tried 3 different players to try and stop him, and 2 of those fouled out and the third had 4 fouls at the end of the game. # 3 made 2 threes but the most of his 19 points came from him flashing to the goal when they tryed doubling 21. But I am waiting for both players to get hot on the same night, that is going to be something to see ;) :)

[quote name="True Blue" post="973966" timestamp="1298903770"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=81001.msg973953#msg973953 date=1298902932]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=81001.msg973950#msg973950 date=1298902615]
[/quote] Well the last 2 games the three ball has not been falling. We went 0 for 10 agains Leggett,and we only shot 5 Friday. Yorktown was a small guard team that was real fast so we did not get many open looks from out side, But they had no answer for the size inside. #21 scored 28 points and they tried 3 different players to try and stop him, and 2 of those fouled out and the third had 4 fouls at the end of the game. # 3 made 2 threes but the most of his 19 points came from him flashing to the goal when they tryed doubling 21. But I am waiting for both players to get hot on the same night, that is going to be something to see ;) :)
[/quote]OK, well that is the point I was trying to lead to.  You've got a potential to hit some outside shots.  You've got a good inside game.  Now, you've got a two-pronged attack:
a) against a tall team, you can hit the three's
or
b) against a smaller team, you jam it inside.

Now, in the best scenario a) and b) are both working, but until then, you go with the best of the two options.  HJ's outside game was really slumping early in district, but the last 5 or 6 games has shown a marked improvement in our outside shooting.... and it shows on the scoreboard.

Perhaps Evadale will see that same swing and take it all the way to Austin!!!!  Good luck to those guys!!! 

[quote name="diaperdandy19" post="973906" timestamp="1298874261"]
Can[color=blue]EVADALE[/color] make it to state?
[/quote]As said by Mr Blue, it  depends on what team shows up.  I've watched Evadale a couple times this year and IF they can get the ball inside they can play with anyone.  Of course, if #3 can hit the 3 then thats good for the outside and inside game!

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="974076" timestamp="1298912670"]
I think they can but with almost every state run [b][u]there is some luck involved[/u][/b]....I hope they are lucky, I already know that they are good.
[/quote]Exactly. 

For the sake of argument (and the prevailing opinion on this forum), let's say that HJ can't beat Silsbee, because they are simply outmatched.  Accepting that, then HJ just caught a very lucky break with Silsbee losing to Sealy.  Of course, this assumes that HJ gets by that beast from up Hwy 105.

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="974076" timestamp="1298912670"]
I think they can but with almost every state run there is some luck involved....I hope they are lucky, I already know that they are good.
[/quote] ;D ;D I have always said that 5 gallons of luck will beat a 55 gallon drum of skill every time ;D ;D

I like the rebels, but as you get deep, that man to man defense and the defensive pressure will be at another level. If other teams find out about the guards having decent ball handling, then getting the ball down the court will be a big problem. If they get it to the big men and work the inside outside game with the three and #3, then they will be fine. Rebels are a half court offense type of team, and run and gun will beat them during transitions. Also i am throwing in consistency. Rebels are not very consistent, in the playoffs, you play every quarter like the fourth.

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="974139" timestamp="1298919091"]
If Evadale makes it to State. I know one thing.. 1A is Weak... i don't follow 1A but have seen evadale play and they are not State material...
[/quote]

In their defense, its all about luck and momentum in the playoffs. One bad game is all it takes for even the best of teams. There are no second chances. It could happen.

[quote name="Head Coach" post="974149" timestamp="1298920287"]
I like the rebels, but as you get deep, that man to man defense and the defensive pressure will be at another level. If other teams find out about the guards having decent ball handling, then getting the ball down the court will be a big problem. If they get it to the big men and work the inside outside game with the three and #3, then they will be fine. Rebels are a half court offense type of team, and run and gun will beat them during transitions. Also i am throwing in consistency. Rebels are not very consistent, in the playoffs, you play every quarter like the fourth.
[/quote] I could not agree with you more... But they are in the  3 round of the playoffs, and not one of these guys have ever been here before. I just hope that the lesson they learned Friday carries over to this week. But everyone knows I have been hard on their guards, but they have came a long way from were they were at the start of this year. In both of their last games Leggett, and Yorktown, put pressure on them in the back court. They beat Leggetts press so bad that they pulled out of it at half and we only had 2 turnovers in the second half comeback with Yorktown. Just lookes to me like they are playing their best ball at the right time. Now they might get blew out Wen. but at least they are at the dance....

[quote name="True Blue" post="974262" timestamp="1298938684"]
[quote author=Head Coach link=topic=81001.msg974149#msg974149 date=1298920287]
[/quote] I could not agree with you more... But they are in the  3 round of the playoffs, and not one of these guys have ever been here before. I just hope that the lesson they learned Friday carries over to this week. But everyone knows I have been hard on their guards, but they have came a long way from were they were at the start of this year. In both of their last games [b]Leggett[/b], and Yorktown, put pressure on them in the back court. They beat [b]Leggetts[/b] press so bad that they pulled out of it at half and we only had 2 turnovers in the second half comeback with Yorktown. Just lookes to me like they are playing their best ball at the right time. Now they might get blew out Wen. but at least they are at the dance....
[/quote]

I am confused. Didn't Leggett play Evadale a few weeks ago? Evadale's last two games were against West Sabine and Yorktown.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="974267" timestamp="1298939480"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=81001.msg974262#msg974262 date=1298938684]
[quote author=Head Coach link=topic=81001.msg974149#msg974149 date=1298920287]
[/quote] I could not agree with you more... But they are in the  3 round of the playoffs, and not one of these guys have ever been here before. I just hope that the lesson they learned Friday carries over to this week. But everyone knows I have been hard on their guards, but they have came a long way from were they were at the start of this year. In both of their last games [b]Leggett[/b], and Yorktown, put pressure on them in the back court. They beat [b]Leggetts[/b] press so bad that they pulled out of it at half and we only had 2 turnovers in the second half comeback with Yorktown. Just lookes to me like they are playing their best ball at the right time. Now they might get blew out Wen. but at least they are at the dance....
[/quote]

I am confused. Didn't Leggett play Evadale a few weeks ago? Evadale's last two games were against West Sabine and Yorktown.
[/quote] Sorry your right I ment WS, at Lamar. Leggett did not pressure the ball in the back court. But both teams were mostly guards, I got them screwedup.

The two biggest factors in playoff basketball is matchups and adjustments.The Rebels are lucky to have a guys at the helm who has coached at the high school and college level.From here on out the oppostion determines where the ball goes so don't be so quick to say they have to go to the bigs and they have to convert.If the defenses collapse ,and they will, the ball will have to be kicked out and Murphy will have to convert.The ball can take funny bounces this time of year so anything can happen.I hope the Rebels continue to win but I gotta believe they are going to start seeing some pretty good clubs from here on out.

[quote name="whsalum" post="974318" timestamp="1298946666"]
The two biggest factors in playoff basketball is matchups and adjustments.The Rebels are lucky to have a guys at the helm who has coached at the high school and college level.From here on out the oppostion determines where the ball goes so don't be so quick to say they have to go to the bigs and they have to convert.If the defenses collapse ,and they will, the ball will have to be kicked out and Murphy will have to convert.The ball can take funny bounces this time of year so anything can happen.I hope the Rebels continue to win but I gotta believe they are going to start seeing some pretty good clubs from here on out.
[/quote] You are right, there will not be anyone left in the playoffs at this point that is not  good clubs. And as for as Murphy goes, I have never seen the kid have three off games in a row. I look for him to have a good game Wen. because if anyone was scouting them ,they will try to shut down Dunigan, that should open the floor for Stark, and Murphy. The best thing about this club, is that on any night one of the 4 leaders on this team can have a great game.

[quote name="True Blue" post="974343" timestamp="1298950405"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=81001.msg974318#msg974318 date=1298946666]
[/quote] You are right, there will not be anyone left in the playoffs at this point that is not  good clubs. And as for as Murphy goes, I have never seen the kid have three off games in a row. I look for him to have a good game Wen. because if anyone was scouting them ,they will try to shut down Dunigan, that should open the floor for Stark, and Murphy. [b]The best thing about this club, is that on any night one of the 4 leaders on this team can have a great game[/b].
[/quote]That's what makes a team a champion!  Good Luck, Rebs!

Go get em Rebs and never quit!  I remember in 2000 when Evadale won State, we were the underdog in EVERY game! Last year in the State run in baseball, again, the Rebs were the underdog each and every game!  So, suck it up and take it to em, after all YOU are in the 3rd round of the playoffs while most schools in the state have been playing baseball for a couple weeks.

After reading about Milano, their top scorer is a 6'2'' post player. I dont think he will get many open looks in the paint ,with the size at Evadale brings. As long as Evadales guards can play good Def. I think they have a good chance to win this game.

I dont see Evadale getting past Milano ... yes Milano may be undersized against Evadale's bigs ... but Milano can absolutely hit from beyond the arc .. i dont think Evadale's outside game is anywhere close to Milano's ... Milano comes from a heavy 1A basketball area .. Evadale ... well they dont its a very weak basketball district has been for years now ..

Sorry im from the Golden Triangle and i support local teams .. and sure ill be cheering for Evadale .. but i do not see them getting past Milano

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder