Can Evadale make a run to state?

[quote name="pitufo04" post="974688" timestamp="1299015370"]
I dont see Evadale getting past Milano ... yes Milano may be undersized against Evadale's bigs ... but Milano can absolutely hit from beyond the arc .. i dont think Evadale's outside game is anywhere close to Milano's ... Milano comes from a heavy 1A basketball area .. Evadale ... well they dont its a very weak basketball district has been for years now ..

Sorry im from the Golden Triangle and i support local teams .. and sure ill be cheering for Evadale .. but i do not see them getting past Milano
[/quote] I heard that Milano shoot the three also. But looking at the stats from the last game, they only made 4 3s and they were made by 4 different players..

I dont see Evadale getting past Milano ... yes Milano may be undersized against Evadale's bigs ... but Milano can absolutely hit from beyond the arc .. i dont think Evadale's outside game is anywhere close to Milano's ... Milano comes from a heavy 1A basketball area .. Evadale ... well they dont[b] its a very weak basketball district has been for years now [/b] ..

Sorry im from the Golden Triangle and i support local teams .. and sure ill be cheering for Evadale .. but i do not see them getting past Milano
[/quote]Gotta disagree with part of this statement.The district was down this year but if you look back over the last 3 or 4 years it has been pretty good.Spurger went to state out of this ditrict last year,Big Sandy went a couple of years ago and West Hardin had some really good clubs 3 or 4 years ago led by Brandon Letsinger.

I dont see Evadale getting past Milano ... yes Milano may be undersized against Evadale's bigs ... but Milano can absolutely hit from beyond the arc .. i dont think Evadale's outside game is anywhere close to Milano's ... Milano comes from a heavy 1A basketball area .. Evadale ... well they dont its a very weak basketball district has been for years now ..

[/quote]
For years? Are you kidding me? The weak district just started this year.
WH-Letsinger and Copeland
Spurger-Sheffield brothers and Big and little Whittacre
Big Sandy- never weak
Sabine-last years team was decent

I heard that the Rebs had a good shoot around yesterday, and that #3 was on fire with over 20 made shot from the 3 line. Hope that, that carries over to tonight. They know that Malano is going to try and shut down the inside game, so they should get plenty of open looks from out side, they just have to knock them down.                                                                           [size=18pt]LETS GOOOOOOOO REBS..................[/size]

[quote name="Head Coach" post="975129" timestamp="1299044542"]
[quote author=pitufo04 link=topic=81001.msg974688#msg974688 date=1299015370]

[/quote]
Big Sandy- never weak
[/quote]

Hey like i said i wish Evadale all the luck but i just dont see them getting past Milano ....
Yes Spurger had one good year and made it to state .. Spurger also isnt in this district anymore ... This years district was weak...
West Hardin had good players on their team but they couldnt get past round 1 of the playoffs .. same with Sabine Pass couldnt get out of round 1 .... Im not trying to start anything just giving my opinion is all

[quote name="pitufo04" post="975449" timestamp="1299102118"]
[quote author=Head Coach link=topic=81001.msg975129#msg975129 date=1299044542]

[/quote]
Big Sandy- never weak
[/quote]

Hey like i said i wish Evadale all the luck but i just dont see them getting past Milano ....
Yes Spurger had one good year and made it to state .. Spurger also isnt in this district anymore ... This years district was weak...
West Hardin had good players on their team but they couldnt get past round 1 of the playoffs .. same with Sabine Pass couldnt get out of round 1 .... Im not trying to start anything just giving my opinion is all
[/quote]Well i dont know just how many games you watched this year in the dist. But SP did not even make the playoffs, Big Sandy was the 2 place team. But also you need to look at the preseason games that Evadale played. They played all bigger schools and 9 of them made the playoffs in their Dist. But all this debating will be over in 4 hrs :D

[quote name="True Blue" post="975454" timestamp="1299102841"]
[quote author=pitufo04 link=topic=81001.msg975449#msg975449 date=1299102118]
[quote author=Head Coach link=topic=81001.msg975129#msg975129 date=1299044542]

[/quote]
Big Sandy- never weak
[/quote]

[/quote]Well i dont know just how many games you watched this year in the dist. But SP did not even make the playoffs, Big Sandy was the 2 place team. But also you need to look at the preseason games that Evadale played. They played all bigger schools and 9 of them made the playoffs in their Dist. But all this debating will be over in 4 hrs :D
[/quote]

I was referring to Sabine Pass last year they couldnt get past round 1 .... hey prove me wrong evadale ... not against yall at all .. never said i was .. just my opinion ...

Big Sandy went down 1st round
H-D beat Zavalla a 4-4 district team and then Mumford took them out big- Feb. 22 - Mumford (P) (L, 108-63)

and then Milano beat Mumford

Just saying yall a have a game on yalls hands tonight .. but hey goodluck

[/quote]Nice try...take another guess  ??? ??? ???

Congratulations to the Evadale Rebels Basketball Team. I am very proud of you. You guys are keeping the Basketball tradition alive. I was fortunate enough to play for Evadale in the late 90's under Coach Terrier and I had the honor to be a Student Coach for the 2000-2001 team.

I thought of a unique coincidence today regarding Baseball and Basketball success at Evadale.

In 2000 the Baseball made it to Austin and won the state title in Baseball and we won the State Championship & Texas Cup in 2001.

Last year the Rebels made it to Austin again in Baseball, so hopefully the Basketball team will win the State Championship this year.

Bring home the hardware and get your State Championship Ring. You would be surprised how many opportunities you can receive with winning that ring.

GATA Rebels.

Coach Plake

I followed that team every step of the way that year Colt.  As I have for years in Evadale.  That year Matt Bruce was the point guard and Jason Wilkins was the Big Man down low.  This year the point guard is Matt's cousin, Brandon and the Big Man, Blane is Wilkin's cousin.
The Rebs are in good shape and have peaked at the perfect time.  To answer the question for this thread....YEP!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder