**SILSBEE vs. KOUNTZE Broadcast**/Silsbee wins 95-63

[quote name="True Blue" post="969106" timestamp="1298168946"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=80533.msg969100#msg969100 date=1298168286]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80533.msg969090#msg969090 date=1298166893]
How is this beating going to affect the confidence of Kountze?? They better have a short memory,and just forget this game ???
[/quote]Is that what Evadale had better do, forget their game?  ;)
[/quote]No Evadale need to rememory their game. They had that game won, and just gave it away. Kountze had no business playing Silsbee. But thats what you need to do is divert the attention away form that good old fasion @$$wiping that you all took tonight. But good luck in the playoff game tuesday night. We will be injoying our bye.
[/quote]Wrong team, brother.  You're talking to a Hawk fan.

But I couldn't help but ponder the irony of an Evadale fan questioning the confidence of Kountze who lost to a team that they should have, whereas Evadale.........  ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hink this will hurt Kountzes confidence at all.They won't see a club like this in the early playoff rounds.I hope I'm wrong but I don't think the Lions have the size or the shooters this year to make a deep run.They will get after the ball on the defensive side but unfortunately I don't think thats enough to get to the regional round.

Score by quarters

1        2         3          4         tot

Silsbee              23      25        29        18         95
Kountze             14      18         6        25         63

FT shooting

Silsbee   18-31      58%
Kountze  7-19       36%

3 point shooting

Silsbee    7/19       36%
Kountze  6/28        21%

Rebounds

Silsbee     47
Kountze    30

Turnovers

Silsbee     23
Kountze    29

Individual scoring

Silsbee

DC Stallworth             20 (16 in first half, 11 rebounds, 6-6 FT)
Donti Wilson               13 (3/5 from 3 point line)
Kelton Gaines              10
Chris Elam                  10
Jordan Holmes             10
Willie Busby                  9 (9 rebounds)
Prentice Lane               9
Ronald Barrett              5
Jake Dobbins                3
Tommie Barrett             2
Jarrod Barclay               2
Cody Baltrip                  2

Kountze

Zay McDaniel                18 (13 in second half, 11 in 4th)
Jamazdon Powell            16 (11 in second half)
Marcus Williams              12 (12 rebounds)
LaKeithan Haynes           11
Laramie Linn                   4
Jonathan Warren             2

Silsbee starting 5 scored 41 points, Kountze starters scored 57. Silsbee bench scored 54, Kountze bench scored 6.

Silsbee jumped out to a 23-9 lead but Kountze went on a 12-0 run to cut it to 23-21 with 5:30 minutes left in 2nd. Tigers then outscored Kountze 54-17 thru the remaining 2nd quarter and all of the 3rd to put this one away, leading at the end of the 3rd 77-38. Silsbee built their lead to as many as 43, 85-42 in the 4th, but then Coach Williams, who had already put his starters on the bench after a minute in the 4th, then took out his second five and inserted what was basically the JV team in the last 3 minutes of the game. Kountze was able to "pad some stats" in those last few minutes with the score ending at 95-63. Truely a dominant win for the Tigers. Silsbee's bench just completely wore down the Lions.

Congrats to Silsbee, that's 19 straight wins, and winners of 26 of their last 27.

The score of this game could have been 120-50! I just don't see how this game helped Silsbee besides to stay fresh. Why didn't Nederland want to play them or Central? They would have benefited more from those types of match ups. Oh well...Nice win Tigers and I will be following you all the way to Austin.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="969251" timestamp="1298228094"]
The score of this game could have been 120-50! I just don't see how this game helped Silsbee besides to stay fresh. Why didn't Nederland want to play them or Central? They would have benefited more from those types of match ups. Oh well...Nice win Tigers and I will be following you all the way to Austin.
[/quote]

Agreed .. .do not understand why Sislbee was uanable or unwilling to schedule a challenging opponent.  I saw where Dallas Madison played Burkburnett ... that's the kind of matchup we should be looking for in a warm up game.

[quote name="Red Sox Nation" post="969683" timestamp="1298337195"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=80533.msg969251#msg969251 date=1298228094]
[/quote]

Agreed .. .do not understand why Sislbee was uanable or unwilling to schedule a challenging opponent.  I saw where Dallas Madison played Burkburnett ... that's the kind of matchup we should be looking for in a warm up game.
[/quote]
If I was told correctly the Coaches didn't have that option.

[quote name="ST413" post="969686" timestamp="1298337381"]
[quote author=Red Sox Nation link=topic=80533.msg969683#msg969683 date=1298337195]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=80533.msg969251#msg969251 date=1298228094]
[/quote]

[/quote]
If I was told correctly the Coaches didn't have that option.
[/quote]

Who took that option away ...

[quote name="stevenash" post="971047" timestamp="1298492518"]
Gee- it seems to me like the coaching staff at Silsbee has done a very good job this year, thus permitting me to come to the conclusion that they know what they are doing and how they should handle warm up games better than those of us who frequent this board.
[/quote]

They wanted a tougher opponent but were told they could not travel outside of Harding County ...

[quote name="Red Sox Nation" post="971087" timestamp="1298497535"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=80533.msg971047#msg971047 date=1298492518]
Gee- it seems to me like the coaching staff at Silsbee has done a very good job this year, thus permitting me to come to the conclusion that they know what they are doing and how they should handle warm up games better than those of us who frequent this board.
[/quote]

They wanted a tougher opponent but were told they could not travel outside of Harding County ...
[/quote]

So, it would appear that they did what they could under the existing circumstances.  IF they didnt play a warm up game, the complaint would be that they wasted an opportunity and playing even someone like Kountze would have been better than not playing.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="stevenash" post="971101" timestamp="1298499148"]
[quote author=Red Sox Nation link=topic=80533.msg971087#msg971087 date=1298497535]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=80533.msg971047#msg971047 date=1298492518]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So, it would appear that they did what they could under the existing circumstances.  IF they didnt play a warm up game, the complaint would be that they wasted an opportunity and playing even someone like Kountze would have been better than not playing.
[/quote]

Nash, I remember and you probably do too, there was a Silsbee team a few years back that finished the regular season with the record of 32-0.  That Silsbee team had held the #1 ranking in the state for about half
the season.  I believe Silsbee was still in 4-A at the time.  That Silsbee team lost in their first playoff game to Tyler Chapel Hill - the 3rd place finisher in their district. Well, for whatever reason, that Silsbee team did not play a "Keep warm" game.  I never did find out why?  That was a Coach Sigler team . . . wait a minute!!  It just dawned on me that if that
was a Sigler team then it might have been a badsanta team.  Maybe i'll catch something with this bait. :)

And here's the FISH...Silsbee played a warm up game that year in Lufkin vs Lufkin. Silsbee won 75-62. Had another 6 day lay off and Chapel Hill hit 7-11 3 pointers in the game and shot 60% from the floor. They were a good team that beat Silsbee because they didn't seem to be focused for that game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86