**HAMSHIRE-FANNETT @ SILSBEE Broadcast**/ TIGERS WIN 86-48!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bullets13" post="963233" timestamp="1297220340"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=79930.msg963231#msg963231 date=1297220296]
At halftime, Silsbee leads Hamshire-Fannett, 49-19.
[/quote]

Silsbee better slow down a little bit or they're going to mess up my prediction of a 36-point win :)
[/quote]

13, I think your prediction is in trouble.

[quote name="bullets13" post="962914" timestamp="1297194230"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=79930.msg962852#msg962852 date=1297188216]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=79930.msg962751#msg962751 date=1297178670]
I'm going to say Silsbee win 78-50!
[/quote]Why? IF HF cut down on errors, control the boards on both ends, hustle on defense, intelligent substitutions, push the ball up the floor  instead of walking into their press; they have a good chance of making a good statement tonight.
[/quote]

HF already had their statement game against Silsbee.  I think Silsbee comes back and makes a statement of their own tonight.  I'm gonna say Silsbee wins big, [b]80-44[/b].  And yes, I'll gladly come and eat some crow if i'm badly wrong.
[/quote]

fairly close, anyway :)

[quote name="bullets13" post="963343" timestamp="1297224353"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=79930.msg962914#msg962914 date=1297194230]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=79930.msg962852#msg962852 date=1297188216]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=79930.msg962751#msg962751 date=1297178670]
I'm going to say Silsbee win 78-50!
[/quote]Why? IF HF cut down on errors, control the boards on both ends, hustle on defense, intelligent substitutions, push the ball up the floor  instead of walking into their press; they have a good chance of making a good statement tonight.
[/quote]

HF already had their statement game against Silsbee.  I think Silsbee comes back and makes a statement of their own tonight.  I'm gonna say Silsbee wins big, [b]80-44[/b].  And yes, I'll gladly come and eat some crow if i'm badly wrong.
[/quote]

fairly close, anyway :)
[/quote]Silsbee was awesome tonight..back in full force. HF really had nothing to combat. Even the bench was strong. Stellar coaching. We saw tonight why they are undefeated!

Score by quarters

1      2        3        4        tot

HF                        12      7        11      18        48
Silsbee                  18    31        23      14        86

FT shooting

HF  8/24    33%
SIL  20/32  62%

3 point shooting

HF    4/15    26%
SIL  4/10    40%

rebounds

HF        31
SIL      42

turnovers

HF        31
SIL        18

Individual scoring

HF

Cameron Malveaux        13 (12 rebounds, 4 blocks)
Jared Hunter                13 ( 3/8 3 point line)
KJ Carmon                    7
Brock Levingston            5
Geoffrey Martin              4
Adam Chapman              2
Joey Nguyen                  2
Phillip Williams                2

Silsbee

Jarrod Barclay              14 (14 rebounds)
Chris Elam                    12 (10 in first half)
DC Stallworth                10 (11 rebounds)
Prentice Lane                10
Tommie Barrett              10
Donti Wilson                  8
Jordan Holmes                7
Ronald Barrett                6
Kelton Gaines                  5
Jarrian Rhone                  2
Xavior Harris                  2

Five Tiger players score in double figures, all 11 Tiger players scored. Barclay came off the bench to lead Silsbee with 14 points and 14 rebounds. Silsbee starters scored 37 points, the bench scored 49!! Silsbee trailed 12-11 with 2 minutes left in 1st quarter, then went on a 41-7 run to get a 52-19 lead early in the 3rd. The second and third quarters doomed the Longhorns as the Tigers outscored the Horns 54-18.

Silsbee clinches the #1 seed and at least a co-championship with the win. Tigers extend their current win streak to 16 games and have won 24 of their last 25. Silsbee can claim their second consecutive out right district title with a win Friday night against Orangefield.

THE HORNS ARE STILL not playing transition ball,Just seems like we are not very well prepared for a quick team alot of standing around like we are watching TV, you have contest every shot get that rebound that you are not suppose to get. When we rebound you have two to three players with their hand out for the ball,our first pass off of a defensive rebound is backwards,the guards need to be getting out on the wings pushing the ball up the court always wanting to attack instead of letting the defense set up,you can push it up and can always bring it back out if nothing is there.As a COACH , you just cant be satisfied with playing from a set offense with no movement.JUST my two cents.

[quote name="dawg13" post="963439" timestamp="1297257415"]
THE HORNS ARE STILL not playing transition ball,Just seems like we are not very well prepared for a quick team alot of standing around like we are watching TV, you have contest every shot get that rebound that you are not suppose to get. When we rebound you have two to three players with their hand out for the ball,our first pass off of a defensive rebound is backwards,the guards need to be getting out on the wings pushing the ball up the court always wanting to attack instead of letting the defense set up,you can push it up and can always bring it back out if nothing is there.As a COACH , you just cant be satisfied with playing from a set offense with no movement.JUST my two cents.
[/quote]You're absolutely right.  If you hold up, the other team can set up their press!!!!  To allow the other team  to set up their full-court press on a missed shot is absolutely unforgiveable!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="963519" timestamp="1297268398"]
Okay, I think we can take HJ now after that butt kicking ;D
[/quote]

No doubt about it.  The only thing you need to do to insure the victory will be to have the players lift that morning as well as that afternoon before the game.  It will be an extra good night for you because you will not only witness the "butt kicking" but you will be able to discuss it as Lazeeks half time radio guest.  I can't wait.  Last night, I made a substantial monetary offer to school representatives for the priviledge of constructing a large sign that says "HJ Welcomes Da Dove" but was politely turned down.

[quote name="stevenash" post="963522" timestamp="1297268587"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=79930.msg963519#msg963519 date=1297268398]
Okay, I think we can take HJ now after that butt kicking ;D
[/quote]

No doubt about it.  The only thing you need to do to insure the victory will be to have the players lift that morning as well as that afternoon before the game.  It will be an extra good night for you because you will not only witness the "butt kicking" but you will be able to discuss it as Lazeeks half time radio guest.  I can't wait.  Last night, I made a substantial monetary offer to school representatives for the priviledge of constructing a large sign that says "HJ Welcomes Da Dove" but was politely turned down.
[/quote]

They said no????????? ::) ::) ::)

Why?

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="963544" timestamp="1297270560"]
WOW! HF really took a Anderson Silva kick to the behind in this game! What happen to that team that played Silsbee so close the last time?
[/quote]

That same HF team showed up, it was just a much different Silsbee team this time around. ;) ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder