**Silsbee at HJ BROADCAST/Tigers win 64-51!**

Lazeek

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Malcolm X" post="959897" timestamp="1296672917"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79538.msg959860#msg959860 date=1296670990]
WJ, is HJ going to take over that #7 state ranking soon? ;)
[/quote]Today isn't the day sir. By the way, its Mr. X  ;)

[/quote]

Today isn't the day? What about next week? 2 weeks? end of the month?

snot-nosed ;)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="959841" timestamp="1296670176"]
[quote author=ST4life link=topic=79538.msg959812#msg959812 date=1296668212]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=79538.msg959789#msg959789 date=1296667285]
Size will hurt Silsbee next year.........

Nobody over 6'2 as AAW said and HJ will have 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 and 6'6 starting!!!  To go along with 5'6 PG!!!!
[/quote]
HJ is taller than Silsbee this year and that doesn’t seem to be hurting the Tigers
[/quote]

But Silsbee has the best player in SE Texas and another guy easily in the Top 10!!!!  A luxury they won't have next season!!!!
[/quote]
Silsbee won’t have their 2 best players next year but they will have 6-7 ball players on the roster which means they will have chances to rotate players in and out just like this year

HJ will have 2 very good players and 2-3 ball players which means there starting 5 will be solid again but the weakness will be their bench which won’t be able to give much support

Don’t get me wrong I still think HJ will have a better chance of winning next year than this year
But I just don’t think the Tigers will be as down as some people see them being

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="959695" timestamp="1296662273"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=79538.msg959689#msg959689 date=1296662038]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79538.msg959684#msg959684 date=1296661609]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=79538.msg959671#msg959671 date=1296660786]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79538.msg959669#msg959669 date=1296660682]
This is the first time since Silsbee joined HJ in 21-3A that one of the teams swept the district series. Silsbee has been 3A for 7 years now, but only in 21-3A the last 5 years. HJ and Silsbee had always split their district games until this year.

If the Tigers can win out, it will be consecutive out right district titles for Silsbee, which is a first for this district.
[/quote]

Interesting and also fitting. Like I said prior this is Silsbee's best team.  Hard to beat a team in the playoffs this team.  [b]They should win the state championship.[/b]
[/quote]

I think Lubbock Estacado has something to say about that. ;D

I do not know if I agree that this is Silsbee's best team, but it is one of the best. Last year's team was pretty good. This team is a different type team. Better, deeper bench, much more speed and quickness. But we do not have two '6"7 players either.

I'll hold my thoughts for later in the season about this being Silsbee's best. ;)
[/quote]How many seniors does Silsbee have this year? What will they return next year?
[/quote]

Silsbee has 7 seniors, 2 juniors and 3 soph. on varsity. Four of the seven seniors start. (Stallworth, Lane, T. Barrett, Harris)
[/quote]

and yes, i'm looking forward to HJ being the favorites next year!

Who cares about next year!!!!!!!!!!  Let's worry this year.  I love it that people are counting HJ out.  They have done it EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Also I love all of the stats AAW is posting since this rivalry began.  However he leaves out the most important stat of all and frankly the ONLY one that matters.

State Championships:

HJ-1
Silsbee-0

[quote name="ST4life" post="959812" timestamp="1296668212"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=79538.msg959789#msg959789 date=1296667285]
Size will hurt Silsbee next year.........

Nobody over 6'2 as AAW said and HJ will have 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 and 6'6 starting!!!  To go along with 5'6 PG!!!!
[/quote]
HJ is taller than Silsbee this year and that doesn’t seem to be hurting the Tigers
[/quote]

yup.  but it will matter next year when Silsbee plays their one returning starter.  Silsbee will always be solid, but they're losing two players that they can't even come close to replacing.  HJ is losing a point guard that they can come close to replacing, and they'll fill Sutherland's spot with a mini-Sutherland. Also, imagine how good Bosha will be next year.  He's already been arguably a top-25 player in the area as a 14-year-old 6'3" freshman.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how teams in this area guard a 6'5" or 6'6" wing player next year who can handle the ball some, slash to the basket, and is silky smooth from deep.   

[quote name="dogs1218" post="959831" timestamp="1296669011"]
Alright guys..  ;D I was quiet and didnt say anything negative until after the game to see what the score would end being.. I dont want to cause too much trouble, but I remember being told by quite a few people on this site about the "history" and how it's "tradition" for Silsbee and HJ to split the district games.. I saw this coming from the start of the season and knew that HJ had NO chance of beating Silsbee.. The next things that I predicted is that HJ and SIlsbee will NOT play again this year ( In other words, HJ will lose before they reach Silsbee again in the playoffs ).

On on a much more friendly note, Congrats to the Silsbee Tigers for TCB and setting themselves up to win another district title! And good luck to HJ with the rest of their season and getting ready for playoffs!
[/quote]

HJ could have easily won either game.  Silsbee is certainly the better, deeper team, but HJ absolutely has the talent to beat this team.  HJ held a lead at the end of 3 in the first game, and a lead with 1 minute left in the 3rd in the 2nd game.  Silsbee's depth helped them pull away at the end of both games, but i'd challenge you to find anyone who saw either of these games who thinks there's NO way that HJ could beat Silsbee. 

[quote name="bullets13" post="959920" timestamp="1296673800"]
HJ could have easily won either game.  Silsbee is certainly the better, deeper team, but HJ absolutely has the talent to beat this team.  HJ held a lead at the end of 3 in the first game, and a lead with 1 minute left in the 3rd in the 2nd game.  Silsbee's depth helped them pull away at the end of both games, but i'd challenge you to find anyone who saw either of these games who thinks there's NO way that HJ could beat Silsbee. 
[/quote]I agree.  There would have to be some breaks that go HJ's way...... like maybe shooting better than 1 of 8 from the free throw line in the 1st minutes of the game...... but they could do it.

[quote name="bullets13" post="959920" timestamp="1296673800"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=79538.msg959831#msg959831 date=1296669011]
Alright guys..  ;D I was quiet and didnt say anything negative until after the game to see what the score would end being.. I dont want to cause too much trouble, but I remember being told by quite a few people on this site about the "history" and how it's "tradition" for Silsbee and HJ to split the district games.. I saw this coming from the start of the season and knew that HJ had NO chance of beating Silsbee.. The next things that I predicted is that HJ and SIlsbee will NOT play again this year ( In other words, HJ will lose before they reach Silsbee again in the playoffs ).

On on a much more friendly note, Congrats to the Silsbee Tigers for TCB and setting themselves up to win another district title! And good luck to HJ with the rest of their season and getting ready for playoffs!
[/quote]

[size=12pt][b]HJ could have easily won either game[/b][/size].  Silsbee is certainly the better, deeper team, but HJ absolutely has the talent to beat this team.  HJ held a lead at the end of 3 in the first game, and a lead with 1 minute left in the 3rd in the 2nd game.  Silsbee's depth helped them pull away at the end of both games, but i'd challenge you to find anyone who saw either of these games who thinks there's NO way that HJ could beat Silsbee. 
[/quote]
This sounds too much of a Woulda Coulda Shoulda

If HJ will beat Silsbee than it won’t be an easy task like you stated

Can’t say that HJ could or will beat Silsbee because it has not happened this year

Just Sayin’

[quote name="sleepy" post="959915" timestamp="1296673514"]
Who cares about next year!!!!!!!!!!  Let's worry this year.  I love it that people are counting HJ out.  They have done it EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Also I love all of the stats AAW is posting since this rivalry began.  However he leaves out the most important stat of all and frankly the ONLY one that matters.

State Championships:

[b]HJ-1
Silsbee-0[/b]
[/quote]

That goes without saying. ;D

(I am not intentionally leaving that out, I am just showing the head-to-head records between the two and how it has swung in Silsbee's favor)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="959940" timestamp="1296674811"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=79538.msg959915#msg959915 date=1296673514]

State Championships:

[b]HJ-1
Silsbee-0[/b]
[/quote]

(I am not intentionally leaving that out, I am just showing the head-to-head records between the two and how it has swung in Silsbee's favor)
[/quote][IMG]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h366/bryce4904/Mobile%20Uploads/images-2.jpg[/img]

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="959940" timestamp="1296674811"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=79538.msg959915#msg959915 date=1296673514]

State Championships:

[b]HJ-1
Silsbee-0[/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Some people just like living in the past  :D

Silsbee has a clear path on the way to another district championship and they will get a key reserve back next week. If they play with the same fire they played with last night in the playoffs, they will be fine. If Silsbee has a chance at a playoff warmup game, they should try a rematch with Ball or a game against Nederland.

[quote name="MoFo" post="959950" timestamp="1296675214"]
Heck by the way everyone is reacting to this cold snap there will be no next year....schools closing, appointment cancelations, traffic warnings......brown outs in Houston.....it is the apocoalypse
[/quote]

Freaking rolling blackouts...a pain in the behind.

[quote name="ST4life" post="959987" timestamp="1296676460"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79538.msg959959#msg959959 date=1296675613]
Didn't know that losing last night's game would have some looking at yesteryear and next coming years. ::)
[/quote]
That’s all some people have to look at and look forward too  :D
[/quote]

I wish I could respond with some smart aced comment here but since you are a Silsbee and HJ sponsor I better be careful!!!!! ;) ;) :D :D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="959984" timestamp="1296676296"]
Silsbee has a clear path on the way to another district championship and they will get a key reserve back next week. If they play with the same fire they played with last night in the playoffs, they will be fine. If Silsbee has a chance at a playoff warmup game, they should try a rematch with Ball or a game against Nederland.
[/quote]

It would be difficult to get any 5A or 4A team to play a warmup game. Since those two classifications send 4 teams to the playoffs, no team gets a bye in the first round. District play ends on Tues. 15th, the Bi-district round (1st round) starts on Mon.-Tues. 21-22. The weekend of the 18th and 19th allows for any district play-in or seeding games. I would imagine that most teams would like to "recharge the batteries" during that time.

3A-1A district champions are always looking for a warmup game so they will not be off for over 10 days before they play their first playoff game.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="959992" timestamp="1296676606"]
[quote author=ST4life link=topic=79538.msg959987#msg959987 date=1296676460]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79538.msg959959#msg959959 date=1296675613]
Didn't know that losing last night's game would have some looking at yesteryear and next coming years. ::)
[/quote]
That’s all some people have to look at and look forward too  :D
[/quote]

I wish I could respond with some smart aced comment here but since you are a Silsbee and HJ sponsor I better be careful!!!!! ;) ;) :D :D
[/quote]
You like HJ
I like Silsbee
You can say what you got to say it won’t hurt my feelings
I am a supporter of the Tigers & HJ because they are both in SETX where I live and very good basketball teams
Silsbee is my #1 team then if they can’t pull it off then GO HAWKS!!!

[quote name="ST4life" post="960003" timestamp="1296677855"]
You like HJ
I like Silsbee
You can say what you got to say it won’t hurt my feelings
I am a supporter of the Tigers & HJ because they are both in SETX where I live and very good basketball teams
Silsbee is my #1 team then if they can’t pull it off then GO HAWKS!!!

[/quote]My sentiments exactly........ except flipped over, you know?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder