**Silsbee at HJ BROADCAST/Tigers win 64-51!**

Lazeek

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="959959" timestamp="1296675613"]
Didn't know that losing last night's game would have some looking at yesteryear and next coming years. ::)
[/quote]

You were the one starting with the stats from years past AAW!  Go back and look.  I simply stated you left one out!!!  

You will also see that I posted it is stupid to look at next year.   ::)

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Tiger05" post="959939" timestamp="1296674780"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=79538.msg959920#msg959920 date=1296673800]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=79538.msg959831#msg959831 date=1296669011]
Alright guys..  ;D I was quiet and didnt say anything negative until after the game to see what the score would end being.. I dont want to cause too much trouble, but I remember being told by quite a few people on this site about the "history" and how it's "tradition" for Silsbee and HJ to split the district games.. I saw this coming from the start of the season and knew that HJ had NO chance of beating Silsbee.. The next things that I predicted is that HJ and SIlsbee will NOT play again this year ( In other words, HJ will lose before they reach Silsbee again in the playoffs ).

On on a much more friendly note, Congrats to the Silsbee Tigers for TCB and setting themselves up to win another district title! And good luck to HJ with the rest of their season and getting ready for playoffs!
[/quote]

[size=12pt][b]HJ could have easily won either game[/b][/size].  Silsbee is certainly the better, deeper team, but HJ absolutely has the talent to beat this team.  HJ held a lead at the end of 3 in the first game, and a lead with 1 minute left in the 3rd in the 2nd game.  Silsbee's depth helped them pull away at the end of both games, but i'd challenge you to find anyone who saw either of these games who thinks there's NO way that HJ could beat Silsbee. 
[/quote]
This sounds too much of a Woulda Coulda Shoulda

If HJ will beat Silsbee than it won’t be an easy task like you stated

Can’t say that HJ could or will beat Silsbee because it has not happened this year

Just Sayin’

[/quote]You obviously don't understand the phrase "Could easily happen".  All i was stating is that they were in the game, and if a few things break differently and they're 2-0 against Silsbee rather than 0-2.  Now, I've already said that Silsbee is the better team, but for this guy to say that HJ has NO chance to beat Silsbee is asinine, as HJ has aready held their own with them twice.

[quote name="bullets13" post="960061" timestamp="1296681199"]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=79538.msg959939#msg959939 date=1296674780]
Alright guys..  ;D I was quiet and didnt say anything negative until after the game to see what the score would end being.. I dont want to cause too much trouble, but I remember being told by quite a few people on this site about the "history" and how it's "tradition" for Silsbee and HJ to split the district games.. I saw this coming from the start of the season and knew that HJ had NO chance of beating Silsbee.. The next things that I predicted is that HJ and SIlsbee will NOT play again this year ( In other words, HJ will lose before they reach Silsbee again in the playoffs ).

On on a much more friendly note, Congrats to the Silsbee Tigers for TCB and setting themselves up to win another district title! And good luck to HJ with the rest of their season and getting ready for playoffs!
[/quote]

[size=12pt][b]HJ could have easily won either game[/b][/size].  Silsbee is certainly the better, deeper team, but HJ absolutely has the talent to beat this team.  HJ held a lead at the end of 3 in the first game, and a lead with 1 minute left in the 3rd in the 2nd game.  Silsbee's depth helped them pull away at the end of both games, but i'd challenge you to find anyone who saw either of these games who thinks there's NO way that HJ could beat Silsbee.  
[/quote]

Can’t say that HJ could or will beat Silsbee because it has not happened this year

Just Sayin’

[/quote]You obviously don't understand the phrase "Could easily happen".  All i was stating is that they were in the game, and if a few things break differently and they're 2-0 against Silsbee rather than 0-2.  Now, I've already said that Silsbee is the better team, but for this guy to say that HJ has NO chance to beat Silsbee is asinine, as HJ has aready held their own with them twice.
[/quote]

Hey buddy.. Whats asinine is you still thinking HJ can beat Silsbee THIS year :D But if you want me to get technical, which is what I think im going to have to do here, any team has a chance to beat any other team since there a two teams and only one team can win, so it is technically a 50-50 chance.. But the realistic chance is 0%.. Dont believe me? The results for THIS year show 0-2, which means 0% :o :o :o

On another note, my negative karma seems to be taking a major hit ever since I openly discussed HJ on the public forum :D :D :D Maybe if i try hard enough, I might catch up to BADSANTA

[quote name="dogs1218" post="960134" timestamp="1296685237"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=79538.msg960061#msg960061 date=1296681199]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=79538.msg959939#msg959939 date=1296674780]
Alright guys..  ;D I was quiet and didnt say anything negative until after the game to see what the score would end being.. I dont want to cause too much trouble, but I remember being told by quite a few people on this site about the "history" and how it's "tradition" for Silsbee and HJ to split the district games.. I saw this coming from the start of the season and knew that HJ had NO chance of beating Silsbee.. The next things that I predicted is that HJ and SIlsbee will NOT play again this year ( In other words, HJ will lose before they reach Silsbee again in the playoffs ).

[/quote]

[size=12pt][b]HJ could have easily won either game[/b][/size].  Silsbee is certainly the better, deeper team, but HJ absolutely has the talent to beat this team.  HJ held a lead at the end of 3 in the first game, and a lead with 1 minute left in the 3rd in the 2nd game.  Silsbee's depth helped them pull away at the end of both games, but i'd challenge you to find anyone who saw either of these games who thinks there's NO way that HJ could beat Silsbee.  
[/quote]

Just Sayin’

[/quote]You obviously don't understand the phrase "Could easily happen".  All i was stating is that they were in the game, and if a few things break differently and they're 2-0 against Silsbee rather than 0-2.  Now, I've already said that Silsbee is the better team, but for this guy to say that HJ has NO chance to beat Silsbee is asinine, as HJ has aready held their own with them twice.
[/quote]

Hey buddy.. Whats asinine is you still thinking HJ can beat Silsbee THIS year :D But if you want me to get technical, which is what I think im going to have to do here, any team has a chance to beat any other team since there a two teams and only one team can win, so it is technically a 50-50 chance.. But the realistic chance is 0%.. Dont believe me? The results for THIS year show 0-2, which means 0% :o :o :o

On another note, my negative karma seems to be taking a major hit ever since I openly discussed HJ on the public forum :D :D :D Maybe if i try hard enough, I might catch up to BADSANTA
[/quote]

If you catch him, perhaps the three of us can have a private get together and co-author a revision of " How To Win Friends and Influence People" and also offer our own Dale Carnegie Courses

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="960179" timestamp="1296691325"]
Stevenash you can roll with me anytime buddy. Tigervoice, Bobcat05, and Lazeek gets no love!
[/quote]

We are all heartbroken.........actually thinking of going into a dark room and shooting myself since you wont be my friend!!!! ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="960190" timestamp="1296693010"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=79538.msg960179#msg960179 date=1296691325]
Stevenash you can roll with me anytime buddy. Tigervoice, Bobcat05, and Lazeek gets no love!
[/quote]

We are all heartbroken.........actually thinking of going into [b]a dark room and shooting myself[/b] since you wont be my friend!!!! ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]

LAZEEK, you got it all wrong. You don't go into a dark room to shoot yourself, that's where you develop the pics that you shot of yourself. ;) ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="960191" timestamp="1296693299"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=79538.msg960190#msg960190 date=1296693010]
[/quote]

We are all heartbroken.........actually thinking of going into [b]a dark room and shooting myself[/b] since you wont be my friend!!!! ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]

LAZEEK, you got it all wrong. You don't go into a dark room to shoot yourself, that's where you develop the pics that you shot of yourself. ;) ;D
[/quote]

How silly of me........

[quote name="stevenash" post="960184" timestamp="1296692137"]
[/quote]

That, sir, obviously puts me in very elite company.
[/quote]

You are the #1 guy on this forum in my books! Elite is an understatement ;)

[quote name="dogs1218" post="960201" timestamp="1296694274"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=79538.msg960184#msg960184 date=1296692137]
[/quote]

That, sir, obviously puts me in very elite company.
[/quote]

You are the #1 guy on this forum in my books! Elite is an understatement ;)
[/quote]

PLease keep to yourself what the category is for that #1

A team plays another team equal or better for 3 quarters two times in 3 weeks, and you come on bragging about how you "knew HJ had no shot at beating silsbee".  HJ put themselves in great position to beat them, not once but twice.  I'm not talking about Nederland playing a garbage game against PNG and the Indians having a flukey shot at beating the dawgs, i'm talking about HJ playing as well or better than the tigers for 3 quarters TWICE.  Now, i've already stated that Silsbee is the better team, but HJ has a decent shot of beating them any time they play, not "no shot".  Nederland has "no shot" at advancing to state.  Bridge City has "no shot" at making the playoffs.  HJ could beat Silsbee, and it wouldn't take a whole lot of breaks to do it.  That is merely the point i was trying to make.  I do like the comment "I didn't want to say anything negative until after the game until i could see what the score ended up being", however.  You'd think since you "knew HJ had no shot of beating Silsbee", you would've made your bold prediction before the games, rather than after they occured.  

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="960190" timestamp="1296693010"]
[/quote]

We are all heartbroken.........actually thinking of going into a dark room and shooting myself since you wont be my friend!!!! ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]
I guest thats how you deal with stress!

[quote name="bullets13" post="960211" timestamp="1296695011"]
A team plays another team equal or better for 3 quarters two times in 3 weeks, and you come on bragging about how you "knew HJ had no shot at beating silsbee".  HJ put themselves in great position to beat them, not once but twice.  I'm not talking about Nederland playing a garbage game against PNG and the Indians having a flukey shot at beating the dawgs, i'm talking about HJ playing as well or better than the tigers for 3 quarters TWICE.  Now, i've already stated that Silsbee is the better team, but HJ has a decent shot of beating them any time they play, not "no shot".  Nederland has "no shot" at advancing to state.  Bridge City has "no shot" at making the playoffs.  HJ could beat Silsbee, and it wouldn't take a whole lot of breaks to do it.  That is merely the point i was trying to make.  I do like the comment "I didn't want to say anything negative until after the game until i could see what the score ended up being", however.  You'd think since you "knew HJ had no shot of beating Silsbee", you would've made your bold prediction before the games, rather than after they occured.  
[/quote]

Plenty of others knew what I thought about this match-up, and I promised Ole Nashy that I wouldnt say anything else about Hj until the game was finished ;) I was chomping at the bit to get back on this topic! ;D ;D

[quote name="dogs1218" post="960223" timestamp="1296696229"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=79538.msg960211#msg960211 date=1296695011]
[/quote]

Plenty of others knew what I thought about this match-up, and I promised Ole Nashy that I wouldnt say anything else about Hj until the game was finished ;) I was chomping at the bit to get back on this topic! ;D ;D
[/quote]  All I can do is hope the topic shows up again sometime soon

[quote name="stevenash" post="960228" timestamp="1296696606"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=79538.msg960223#msg960223 date=1296696229]
A team plays another team equal or better for 3 quarters two times in 3 weeks, and you come on bragging about how you "knew HJ had no shot at beating silsbee".  HJ put themselves in great position to beat them, not once but twice.  I'm not talking about Nederland playing a garbage game against PNG and the Indians having a flukey shot at beating the dawgs, i'm talking about HJ playing as well or better than the tigers for 3 quarters TWICE.  Now, i've already stated that Silsbee is the better team, but HJ has a decent shot of beating them any time they play, not "no shot".  Nederland has "no shot" at advancing to state.  Bridge City has "no shot" at making the playoffs.  HJ could beat Silsbee, and it wouldn't take a whole lot of breaks to do it.  That is merely the point i was trying to make.  I do like the comment "I didn't want to say anything negative until after the game until i could see what the score ended up being", however.  You'd think since you "knew HJ had no shot of beating Silsbee", you would've made your bold prediction before the games, rather than after they occured. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

Always next year ;)

[quote name="dogs1218" post="960237" timestamp="1296697991"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=79538.msg960228#msg960228 date=1296696606]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=79538.msg960223#msg960223 date=1296696229]
A team plays another team equal or better for 3 quarters two times in 3 weeks, and you come on bragging about how you "knew HJ had no shot at beating silsbee".  HJ put themselves in great position to beat them, not once but twice.  I'm not talking about Nederland playing a garbage game against PNG and the Indians having a flukey shot at beating the dawgs, i'm talking about HJ playing as well or better than the tigers for 3 quarters TWICE.  Now, i've already stated that Silsbee is the better team, but HJ has a decent shot of beating them any time they play, not "no shot".  Nederland has "no shot" at advancing to state.  Bridge City has "no shot" at making the playoffs.  HJ could beat Silsbee, and it wouldn't take a whole lot of breaks to do it.  That is merely the point i was trying to make.  I do like the comment "I didn't want to say anything negative until after the game until i could see what the score ended up being", however.  You'd think since you "knew HJ had no shot of beating Silsbee", you would've made your bold prediction before the games, rather than after they occured. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

Always next year ;)
[/quote]But there may be Sam Houston this year!  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami