Huntington vs. Kirbyville/Huntington wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="no-look" post="948762" timestamp="1295105476"]
Its a shame Kirbyville doesn't care more about their bb program. Their football team got beat out fairly early this year....plenty of time to concentrate on bb....they have got to have some athletes there?... Kville didn't have a jv.
[/quote] No JV @ A 3A School. :( :( :( :(

[quote name="CATMAN" post="949007" timestamp="1295140040"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=78807.msg948762#msg948762 date=1295105476]
Its a shame Kirbyville doesn't care more about their bb program. Their football team got beat out fairly early this year....plenty of time to concentrate on bb....they have got to have some athletes there?... Kville didn't have a jv.
[/quote]I think their jv is the varsity.

[quote name="no-look" post="949034" timestamp="1295141976"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=78807.msg949007#msg949007 date=1295140040]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=78807.msg948762#msg948762 date=1295105476]
[/quote]I think their jv is the varsity.
[/quote] Goodrich dont have a JV but they are a IADIV.2 Team. Dick V coach there about a mo. u no who i am talking about no-look

Not hiring a basketball coach doesn't help for starters. Kirbyville had a good coach last year, but he left after one year, is not at Willis. They did not hire a replacement but instead asked for one of the football assistants to volunteer to coach the basketball team. Was told at first nobody wanted it and it almost came to a point where someone was going to be appointed (made ;)) to coach the team. Finally, Coach Vanya stepped up and took the team.

Until they change the way of thinking over there and hire a real basketball coach, that program will suffer even more.

Good point AAW,  not only do they need to hire a basketball coach, but if/when they do they will have to let him do the things it takes to build a program.  If they just hire someone who coaches basketball and then black balls him he want have a chance either.  I would be curious if they play any youth ball at all at Kirbyville.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder