Jasper Hires Carthage DC...Garrett Morgan as Head Coach/AD

me2

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not think bumping Coach Mixon up is the right thing.  Everybody is ready for an answer on this one and I am sure we will all know soon enough.  Heard they were interviewing one more candidate this afternoon.  Might be a couple more days.  Just messing with you all.  Had to break the tension some how. 

Mr. Big you are in the know - give us some words of wisdom.

[quote name="hitman009" post="946070" timestamp="1294765678"]

[/quote]Ok now I see the picture with you… you are a former baseball player for jasper and think coach Alverez in not right for the job because he, in your mind, only thinks about football…

[/quote]

Haha, nah man, do you expect a guy who likes pirates and pirate movies to be a former athlete? I didn't play. I'm just going by what I personally have seen (which is not much I must admit) in other kville sports. And it was surely suprising to see where their basketball team is just getting blown away, I would have guessed with the athletes they have there, they could at least be competitve. And last year I was in town for the Kville baseball scrimmage against Jasper and it wasn't very competitve. But I guess as some of you have said, this could be from just lack of participation, and not lack of effort from Alvarez.

saw on another site about the well running dry in dangerfield and that is why the hc was looking to leave.  anybody's well would be running dry after having 14 division 1 athletes on their team.  are you kidding me?  if they did not win there would have needed to be an investigation.  i know winning at all is difficult no matter what and three times is remarkable, but come on - 14 D-1 athletes at a 2A.  Winning was going to happen.

Guest dawg4life
;D  lolol simmer down all......come friday the world will know who the DOGS new leader will be. though still to this moment taking apps for the job  6 total interviews have been conducted for it.  i know this has been a thread of high intrest but just be patient a few more days.  TRUST ME!

[quote name="pirateguy" post="945997" timestamp="1294758989"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=77679.msg945994#msg945994 date=1294757991]
[quote author=pirateguy link=topic=77679.msg945545#msg945545 date=1294689204]
That "It's Jack's if he wants it"........why would Jasper want Alvarez?
[/quote]maybe because he has whipped them for the last 7 years...... they know him.... did not give him the job the first time and figure they made a mistake.... has taken Kville 3 rounds deep in playoffs the last 3 years they have been in 3A, 2 state finals in 2A...  Is a class act guy.... has discipline for his kids and invokes character in his coaches....
Just like Jackhammer said..... why would they not want him!!!

[/quote]

As I have mentioned before, there is no doubt he's a great football coach. But the job is also AD. And it seems that none of the other sports there have had great success while he's been at Kirbyville. It's just my opinion that he's a one sport guy, which is no problem in some places, but in Jasper it's a different situation because we expect a lot out of football AND baseball every year.
[/quote]

Word is that the Jasper Baseball Faithful are against him. As a result, I fear that irreparable damage may be done and cause a rift in the community. For the life of me, I can't figure out why Jasper baseball fans think they will suffer if Jasper has a successful football program. Jasper fans can support both.

If what JB94 is saying is true, then people back home in Jasper should be ashamed of themselves. I grew up with Coach Mixon and he would be the last person in Jasper to interfere with what the football program is doing and the fans have no reason to resent any success that the football program has. Jasper has the athletes to be very good at most sports and any fan that would get involved in stunting the growth of any of its programs isn't a fan at all in my eyes. If Coach Alvarez can win big in Jasper and he wants to be there, no one should be opposed to making that hire.

well, valastro's name has not been mentioned until a day or two ago.  That would be an outstanding choice though - plenty of experience, multiple state championships, first class, etc.  No real comparison between him and stowers, but i am sure that is a possibility. 

still think the dangerfield coach is trying to get another raise - did this last year if memory serves.

whoever gets the nod will get a call today.

Guest dawg4life
[quote name="playdefense" post="946725" timestamp="1294847212"]
Not so sure about the show me money deal - and as for back to the original people listed on this post - NOPE.  A frontrunner for the job has only been mentioned on here once maybe twice and it sure was not at the beginning.  
[/quote] :D yeah i dont KNOW anything!! i only originally posted a thread approx 3 weeks before this one about bickham being gone and it was removed by moderators because it wasnt "publicly confirmed".......so u believe what u want and lolol my friend i will know what i know.......and you and the rest of the public will know come friday when it is announced. have a great day!!!   GO DAWGS!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder