19-4A all district

hitman009

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="ndn78" post="923673" timestamp="1291234310"]
[quote author=Dayton Transplant link=topic=76796.msg923666#msg923666 date=1291233536]
Relax. It's high school. The real game starts at the next level in all sports. Let them enjoy the accomplishments and enjoy HS. As we all know, this is the BEST TIME OF THEIR LIFE.
[/quote]

I agree and hope Merka has the last laugh. Dayton always puts out great atheletes but Merka deserved more. As I stated on our district choices unless they go by stats then it is no more than a typical HS popularity contest. Congrats to all the kids that play on the list or not. Sad to see ya'lls district is just as screwed up as ours. :(
[/quote]

From what I saw these past three years, Mr. Merka will be an outstanding college athlete. I saw GCM knock him on his behind several times this year. He would get up slowly, but he always got up.

[b]Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. —Philippians 3:13-14[/b]

[quote name="Eagle11" post="922057" timestamp="1291054484"]
Looking at 20-4A's all district picks........it is kinda like everyone gets a trophy so no ones feelings get hurt
[/quote]

That's for sure!  20-4A wants to be politically correct and not damage the self esteem of the parents LOL!!!!

I don't know much about this district but I did see Merka play as a sophmore and he was very impressive.  In the end, these things are like "Senior Superlatives", they make great yearbook fodder but don't mean much as to what happens in a kids future, they are no guarantee to future success.  They only really mean something to the self esteem of the fans and parents.

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="923670" timestamp="1291234016"]
[quote author=COUCH TATER link=topic=76796.msg923631#msg923631 date=1291231172]
Wow! Okay, I can live with the fact that Merka didn't get MVP, but if not that award, he doesn't get 1st Team QB? This just isn't right. Maybe he's not the flashiest QB, but he just got the job done, whatever it took. He definitely carried that team and they wouldn't have gone nowhere without him. And yes from what I've heard TCU will probably try him at TE. Oh well, as we all know, life sometimes just isn't fair. But I do not agree with this decision.
[/quote]I would not call finishing 1-4 as "getting the job done" ------as for MVP look at it this way-----the only way he was LESS valuable would be if Crosby finished 0-5

I have to trust the men in that room and the decision they made.
[/quote]Hey Diamond, he can only control his side. He can't control the defensive side. He got the job done on the offensive side. The defense was the problem with finishing 1-4, not the offense. And before you even say it, yeah Dayton pretty much stopped him.

[quote name="hitman009" post="923511" timestamp="1291223331"]
WOW!!!!  Just like I said… Merka gets screwed because he plays for Crosby.  The kid is going to TCU and the best he can make is 2nd team!!!!     COME ON!!!  AND DAYTON WINNING ALMOST ALL THE SUPERS!!!!! Off Player of the Year- Jakari Delasbour???? DONT GET ME WRONG HE IS A GREAT PLAYER BUT DIDEN'T HE MISS LIKE 3 GAMES IN DISTRICT??????
WOW!!!   I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!!   I AM SURE FLANIGAN PUT HIM UP BUT THE COACHES VOTED FOR ANOTHER PLAYER BECAUSE HE PLAYS FOR CROSBY!!  THEY GOT TO BE IDIOTS!!!  COACHES ARE SUPOST TO BE FOR THE KIDS, AND I AM SURE ALL THEY SEE IS THE SCHOOL ON THE FRONT!!!!
SHAME ON YOU COACHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just goes to show you, there IS A VENDETTA AGINST CROSBY!!!

[/quote]What does going to TCU have to do with anything? So, just give him the award because he is going to TCU. I don't think so. Merka had a better year last year than this year. The way he performed on the field is why he was voted 2nd team. To have the ball in his hands every snap and not lead his team to a victory in the last three games and should have lost 4 in a row, that is not MVP. I think he got what he deserves. I don't think the coaches will not vote for a player just because he plays for crosby. That is ridiculous. Why doeeveryone think the coaches are against the crosby players? I think this is just crosby's fans making an excuse. I think Wright is well deserving of this award and everyone else that was put on these teams. Good job coaches.

The same reason you think Wright should be MVP some of us think that Merka should have been MVP or at the very least 1st Team QB. I assume you watched Wright play every game as I watched Merka every game. That's both of our opinions on the choice that was made. Vendetta? No, I don't agree with that statement. But I will state again that the problem with Crosby was not the offense, even though it lacked somewhat, the lack of defensive stops was the problem, which again I'll state that Merka cannot control that side of the ball.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="923726" timestamp="1291239112"]
DiamondJ you keep bring up the fact that crosby finished 1-4. Let me ask you this without darrian wright whats dayton's final record now what's crosby's without merka? Without Merka crosby maybe wins 2 games at most. That's why merka is the MOST VALUBLE PLAYER to his team.
[/quote]I don't really know what Dayton or Crosby does w/o the respective players---but I DO KNOW that with Wright the Broncos rolled thru district, posting several shutouts, with Darian blowing up the middle, and went 3 rounds deep----THAT says MVP---end of story

[quote name="hitman009" post="923511" timestamp="1291223331"]
WOW!!!!  Just like I said… Merka gets screwed because he plays for Crosby.  The kid is going to TCU and the best he can make is 2nd team!!!!     COME ON!!!  AND DAYTON WINNING ALMOST ALL THE SUPERS!!!!! Off Player of the Year- Jakari Delasbour???? DONT GET ME WRONG HE IS A GREAT PLAYER BUT DIDEN'T HE MISS LIKE 3 GAMES IN DISTRICT??????
WOW!!!   I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!!   I AM SURE FLANIGAN PUT HIM UP BUT THE COACHES VOTED FOR ANOTHER PLAYER BECAUSE HE PLAYS FOR CROSBY!!  THEY GOT TO BE IDIOTS!!!  COACHES ARE SUPOST TO BE FOR THE KIDS, AND I AM SURE ALL THEY SEE IS THE SCHOOL ON THE FRONT!!!!

[/quote]

[color=blue][font=Arial][size=14pt]First of all, I am so sick of hearing about the Vendetta’s against Crosby.  There is not a “vendetta” against Crosby.  If Merka or any other Crosby players didn’t receive the required number of votes, it wasn’t because of any “vendetta”. 

Trust me, if Crosby’s players displayed the same lack of character during their other district games, as they did during the BH game that is why they came up short on the votes. 

It is a team sport not a one man sport and in order to obtain respect, the players have to deliver it.

When Crosby played BH how many times was the ball fumbled?  It was the next to last game of the regular season and the game that determined which team earned 2nd place.  ::)

Additionally, how many Unsportsmanlike penalties were called against Crosby during the game (on Crosby’s own field I might add). :-\

The next thing you are going to be claiming on here is that the so-called “Vendetta” had something to do with the lights going out at the stadium that night.  ???

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE YOUNG MEN WHO MADE 1ST AND 2ND Team All-District!!

Additional Options... [/size] [/font] [/color]

From Baytown Sun online:

[size=12pt][b]Dayton dominates 19-4A all-district football team[/b][/size]
Posted: Wednesday, December 1, 2010 12:00 am | Updated: 10:19 pm, Tue Nov 30, 2010.

Sports Stuff Reports | 0 comments

The Dayton Broncos took home District 19-4A Most Valuable Player, Offensive Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year and Coach of the Year honors on Tuesday.

Other than that, Jerry Stewart’s club didn’t do a whole lot during the 2010 high school football season.

“We are extremely proud of our football season,’’ said Stewart, who was named the league’s Coach of the Year after guiding the Broncos to a 9-4 record and the Region III-4A Division II semifinals. “We have had a pretty nice run going.’’

How nice?

Dayton has averaged 10 wins per season over the past four years, Stewart said.

“Our kids play very hard,’’ Stewart said. “We have played after Thanksgiving four years in a row. That is saying something.”

Darrian Wright, a 6-1, 270-pound senior, was named the league’s MVP. Wright has verbally committed to SMU.

Junior Jakari Delasboer (6-0, 200) was the district’s Offensive MVP, while senior Xavier Baldwin (5-10, 170) was the Defensive MVP.

Kaleb Denny, the freshman quarterback who helped Barbers Hill finish second in 19-4A, was named Newcomer of the Year.

Lee’s wide receiver/defensive back Jaevon Richardson was a first-team choice on both sides of the ball as was Dayton wide receiver/defensive back Gamal Fowler and Dayton punter/kicker Juan Carranco.

“There are a lot of great athletes in this district,’’ Stewart said, speaking of Richardson.

The rest of Dayton’s first-team all-district selections included defensive lineman Charles Tousant, linebackers Aaron Ripkowski and Joe Duff, defensive back Quincy Williams, offensive lineman Juan Torres, running back Ryan McBride and quarterback Andres Herrera.

Barbers Hill had seven first-team selections, Crosby had four, Lee had three and Goose Creek Memorial had one.

Barbers Hill’s all-district choices included center Devin Knotts, offensive lineman Dillon Bergstrom, tight end/fullback Clay McDonald, running back Wade Duke, defensive lineman Luke Troxell, defensive end James Bellard and linebacker Ryan Reuter.

Crosby’s first-team picks were offensive lineman Justin Walker, receiver Willie Hebert, linebacker Emanuel Colomb and defensive back Gage Larkin.

Lee defensive lineman Terrance Boyd also was a first-team choice, as was Goose Creek offensive lineman Kendall Wilkerson.

[quote name="hitman009" post="923539" timestamp="1291224968"]
Well if that is your case then Merka out performed both Dayton kids!!!!
Merka had more yards rushing than Jakari and Merka had [b]more passing yard than herrea [/b] so what is your conclusion now??????
Mine lead me to only one..... Other coaches are not going to vote for a kid who plays for Crosby!!!
[b]Give me some FACTS[/b] and help me change my mind!!!!  I don't think you are going to find them!!
[/quote]

Name              Comp Att  Pct    Yds  TD  INT
Dominic Merka  143    306  46.73  2101  12  10

Name              Comp  Att  Pct      Yds  TD  INT
Andres Herrera  125  188  66.49  1642  16  5

I think Andres has a pretty strong case for best QB in the district, especially when you look at attempt, comp. %, etc.

I said earlier in this thread that I expected Merka to get MVP or Off. MVP because he was extremely important to his team. I'm just giving you some facts.

Also... Jakari only missed the majority of the Crosby game and the CEK game.

[quote name="dayton" post="924050" timestamp="1291294835"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=76796.msg923539#msg923539 date=1291224968]
Merka had more yards rushing than Jakari and Merka had [b]more passing yard than herrea [/b] so what is your conclusion now??????
Mine lead me to only one..... Other coaches are not going to vote for a kid who plays for Crosby!!!
[b]Give me some FACTS[/b] and help me change my mind!!!!  I don't think you are going to find them!!
[/quote]

Name              Comp Att   Pct     Yds   TD  INT

Name              Comp  Att   Pct      Yds   TD  INT
Andres Herrera  125   188   66.49  1642  16  5

I think Andres has a pretty strong case for best QB in the district, especially when you look at attempt, comp. %, etc.

I said earlier in this thread that I expected Merka to get MVP or Off. MVP because he was extremely important to his team. I'm just giving you some facts.

[/quote] Another way of looking at it is that Merka threw 118 more passes to complete only 18 more than Herrera. If those stats are correct then Herrera clearly had the better season.

[quote name="dayton" post="924050" timestamp="1291294835"]
[/quote]

[/quote] Jakari was in the wreck, missed the NF game broke his leg in the next game against Crosby and missed the C.E. King game.

[quote name="octfeb" post="924065" timestamp="1291297053"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=76796.msg924050#msg924050 date=1291294835]
[/quote]

[/quote] Jakari was in the wreck, missed the NF game broke his leg in the next game against Crosby and missed the C.E. King game.
[/quote]

my bad... forgot about the NF game and wreck. the compound fracture made me forget.

[quote name="barbershillfootball" post="923959" timestamp="1291262169"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=76796.msg923511#msg923511 date=1291223331]

[/quote]

[color=blue][font=Arial][size=14pt]First of all, I am so sick of hearing about the Vendetta’s against Crosby.  There is not a “vendetta” against Crosby.   If Merka or any other Crosby players didn’t receive the required number of votes, it wasn’t because of any “vendetta”. 

Trust me, if Crosby’s players displayed the same lack of character during their other district games, as they did during the BH game that is why they came up short on the votes. 

It is a team sport not a one man sport and in order to obtain respect, the players have to deliver it.

When Crosby played BH how many times was the ball fumbled?  It was the next to last game of the regular season and the game that determined which team earned 2nd place.   ::)

Additionally, how many Unsportsmanlike penalties were called against Crosby during the game (on Crosby’s own field I might add). :-\

The next thing you are going to be claiming on here is that the so-called “Vendetta” had something to do with the lights going out at the stadium that night.   ???

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE YOUNG MEN WHO MADE 1ST AND 2ND Team All-District!!

Additional Options... [/size] [/font] [/color]
[/quote]Not realizing what you just said did you….. you are showing a vendetta just by your words….
“how many aggressive penalties”,    “same lack of character” ……..”they turned out the lights”
You are putting Crosby on a pedestal and saying look at them…..
DO YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW THESE ANSWERS?????
Personal fouls were the SAME as Barbers Hill that game…..(Merka has not had one in 3 years)
Barbers Hill fumbled the SAME as Crosby….
The lights were an entire grid block.  Most of Newport was out. I don’t think anyone associated with Crosby football could knock out an entire grid…
As for refs…. It does not matter whos field you are on… they are not from the area…voted on by coaches… it seems they a favoring one team it just looks that way…. They are really just bad.
With all of these FACTS you still try to blast Crosby……. You see things one sided with Crosby causing everything!!!  THAT IS CALLED A VENDETTA!!!!
And all-districts are individual achievements…  not team…

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="923795" timestamp="1291245810"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=76796.msg923726#msg923726 date=1291239112]
DiamondJ you keep bring up the fact that crosby finished 1-4. Let me ask you this without darrian wright whats dayton's final record now what's crosby's without merka? Without Merka crosby maybe wins 2 games at most. That's why merka is the MOST VALUBLE PLAYER to his team.
[/quote]I don't really know what Dayton or Crosby does w/o the respective players---but I DO KNOW that with Wright the Broncos rolled thru district, posting several shutouts, with Darian blowing up the middle, and went 3 rounds deep----THAT says MVP---end of story
[/quote]the same thing happened with Crosby... they rolled threw district... posting numerous shutouts... and went 3 rounds deep (which really does not matter since voting is done before 2nd round) and he still did not get a super.....SHOULD THAT SAY MVP???
all these facts are still working in my theory!!!

[quote name="hitman009" post="924095" timestamp="1291300231"]
The lights were an entire grid block.  Most of Newport was out. I don’t think anyone associated with Crosby football could knock out an entire grid…
[/quote]

I disagree.... I think Merka could knock out an entire grid. He and Chuck Norris. :)

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="924061" timestamp="1291296651"]
[/quote]

[/quote] Another way of looking at it is that Merka threw 118 more passes to complete only 18 more than Herrera. If those stats are correct then Herrera clearly had the better season.
[/quote} are going on the one fact that he had a better PCT???  you have to have rec who will catch the ball first.   lets look at the top 3 passers shall we:
Andrew Vargas Galena Park 158  337  46.88  2,553  23  20  
Dominic Merka Crosby         143  306  46.73  2,101  12  10  and second leading rusher in district
Andres Herrera Dayton 125  188  66.49  1,642  16  5  
Vargas get screwed to...
IMO with the facts.
Merka co MVP, Vargas 1st and Herra 2nd

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="921991" timestamp="1291050061"]
[quote author=cooligan link=topic=76796.msg921978#msg921978 date=1291049271]
You're comparing Dayton's QB to Crosby's?  Now that is funny. I don't care what the stats are. Merka would be MVP for many district's. [b]Why do you think the #3 D1 team in the country recruited him?[/b]  [u][i][b]Don't blame him for dropped passes. Just watch the kid play.  [/b] [/i] [/u] [/quote]

We did watch him play and he was innefective against us. I also say without the turnovers last year in the rain he may not have been that effective against us last year. Just Sayin.
[/quote]you cant play good if your recievers are no good. Daytond QB has good stats because he has good recievers. if merka had the same kind of talented recievers and lineman blocking he would have double the stats daytons QB has. [i][u][b]just saying[/b][/u][/i]

[quote name="hitman009" post="924106" timestamp="1291301104"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=76796.msg924061#msg924061 date=1291296651]
[b]Give me some FACTS[/b] and help me change my mind!!!!  I don't think you are going to find them!!
[/quote]

Name              Comp Att   Pct     Yds   TD  INT
Dominic Merka  143    306  46.73  2101  12  10

Name              Comp  Att   Pct      Yds   TD  INT
Andres Herrera  125   188   66.49  1642  16  5

[/quote} are going on the one fact that he had a better PCT???  you have to have rec who will catch the ball first.   lets look at the top 3 passers shall we:
Andrew Vargas Galena Park 158  337  46.88  2,553  23  20  
Dominic Merka Crosby         143  306  46.73  2,101  12  10  and second leading rusher in district
Andres Herrera Dayton 125  188  66.49  1,642  16  5  
Vargas get screwed to...
IMO with the facts.
Merka co MVP, Vargas 1st and Herra 2nd
[/quote]

You're only looking at ydg!! Vargas threw 20 picks!!! that's why he gets no love. Herrera was efficient.

NCAA passer rating (since tx plays NCAA rules) - just for fun
Herrera 162.6

Vargas 121.2

Merka 110.8

http://www.primecomputing.com/

Merka can't help that he had to do everything... including catch the ball for his receivers. Just like Herrera can't help that he was on better overall team. You've got to take those things away though. Herrera was the better QB.

Once again, I agree that Merka was deserving of one of the MVP awards. Not that the others weren't, but Merka carried Crosby... even in the losses he put up good numbers and did all that he could. He's a nice kid and good athlete, I'm not bagging on him.

[quote name="BHPLYR_84" post="924110" timestamp="1291301428"]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=76796.msg921991#msg921991 date=1291050061]
[quote author=cooligan link=topic=76796.msg921978#msg921978 date=1291049271]
You're comparing Dayton's QB to Crosby's?  Now that is funny. I don't care what the stats are. Merka would be MVP for many district's. [b]Why do you think the #3 D1 team in the country recruited him?[/b]  [u][i][b]Don't blame him for dropped passes. Just watch the kid play.   [/b] [/i] [/u] [/quote]

We did watch him play and he was innefective against us. I also say without the turnovers last year in the rain he may not have been that effective against us last year. Just Sayin.
[/quote]you cant play good if your recievers are no good. Daytond QB has good stats because he has good recievers. if merka had the same kind of talented recievers and lineman blocking he would have double the stats daytons QB has. [i][u][b]just saying[/b][/u][/i]
[/quote]

You're out of your gourd if you think Crosby doesn't have the same level of talent as Dayton(or more) across the board. Now, you could say coaching and discipline, but the talent excuse doesn't work. I love the dayton kids but there are several schools in the district that have more talent.

Also, it's unfortunate that there is no category for dropped balls... otherwise ALL of these QB's % would be much higher. You've got to look at comp %... otherwise you can't look at numbers at all.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86