DB- Perry Robinson, BH
DB- Terry Vellaire, GCM

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Red Rocker
[quote name="RCOLE68" post="922932" timestamp="1291152474"]
Just an outsiders opinion on Merka- We (Montgomery) have played them 3 times in the last two years and without him they have little to no offense. He might not be MVP but he is probably the most important player to his team because without him they don't even make playoffs.
[/quote]

And without Leroy Dobbins Montgomery becomes very average also.

I'm glad to see that Joe Duff and Michael Bugbee, of Dayton made it. They both played awesome ball this year. IMO they didn't get alot of props for their outstanding playing. Congrats to all the players. As for Merka obviously the coaches seen something in Harrea (SP) that they didn't see in Merka. And I don't see the WHOLE 19-4A district coaching staff hating Crosby for the reason Merka didn't make 1st team or get MVP. I would be curious to know did Flanigan even nominated Merka for MVP?

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="liltex" post="923488" timestamp="1291221429"]
What the haitees?Merka on the 2nd team going to TCU-Justin Boothe OL going to Rice ??? ??? ::)
[/quote]

Even Merka's Rivals page does not list him as a QB. I think he will play at TCU, but probably at TE.
Herrera lead his team 3 rounds deep, again.

Do not know the Boothe kid.

WOW!!!!  Just like I said… Merka gets screwed because he plays for Crosby.  The kid is going to TCU and the best he can make is 2nd team!!!!     COME ON!!!  AND DAYTON WINNING ALMOST ALL THE SUPERS!!!!! Off Player of the Year- Jakari Delasbour???? DONT GET ME WRONG HE IS A GREAT PLAYER BUT DIDEN'T HE MISS LIKE 3 GAMES IN DISTRICT??????
WOW!!!   I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!!   I AM SURE FLANIGAN PUT HIM UP BUT THE COACHES VOTED FOR ANOTHER PLAYER BECAUSE HE PLAYS FOR CROSBY!!  THEY GOT TO BE IDIOTS!!!  COACHES ARE SUPOST TO BE FOR THE KIDS, AND I AM SURE ALL THEY SEE IS THE SCHOOL ON THE FRONT!!!!
SHAME ON YOU COACHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just goes to show you, there IS A VENDETTA AGINST CROSBY!!!

Both of them are right where they should be.  The 19-4A coches did a good job of recognizing the efforts of these young men and voting that way.  Herrera played in only a half of most 19-4A games, so the coaches recognized what he would have done in full games and what he DID do in those halves of games to lead Dayton to the big leads over their schools.  Everyone would like to have more of their players represented but that is not going to happen.  

[quote name="liltex" post="923488" timestamp="1291221429"]
What the haitees?Merka on the 2nd team going to TCU-Justin Boothe OL going to Rice ??? ??? ::)
[/quote]

This is not a list based where the kids are going to play the following year. It is what did the player do in the district ballgames against the other district opponents.  If you look at that then there really is no question that this list is correct.

[quote name="hitman009" post="923511" timestamp="1291223331"]
WOW!!!!  Just like I said… Merka gets screwed because he plays for Crosby.  The kid is going to TCU and the best he can make is 2nd team!!!!     COME ON!!!  AND DAYTON WINNING ALMOST ALL THE SUPERS!!!!! WOW!!!   I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!!   I AM SURE FLANIGAN PUT HIM UP BUT THE COACHES VOTED FOR ANOTHER PLAYER BECAUSE HE PLAYS FOR CROSBY!!  THEY GOT TO BE IDIOTS!!!  COACHES ARE SUPOST TO BE FOR THE KIDS, AND I AM SURE ALL THEY SEE IS THE SCHOOL ON THE FRONT!!!!

[/quote]

yall have to be outsiders of the district!!! WAY OUTSIDE!!! everyone knows that the only way you were going to beat Crosby is to stop Merka!!! every teams skeam was to stop him... without him.. Crosby does not go 3 deep in playoffs last year and win a district championship, 2 deep in the playoffs this year but has hard time making playoffs with out him... For 3 years this kid has been a force to reconed with...
You have to be kiddin me!!!
This is stupid!!!  All-distircts have no more merritt in my book!!!!

Off Player of the Year-n break Jakari Delasober, Dayton? Thats a joke kid didn't even a 1000 yards of offense it's official theirs some jealousy in this district. For 2 years the best player on the field has been Merka period, and 2 years he hasn't go the recognition he deserves, hay but it's ok when he's killing the Big East on Saturday's all will be forgiven.

[quote name="Who'sYourPatty?" post="923508" timestamp="1291222795"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=76796.msg923488#msg923488 date=1291221429]
[/quote]

Even Merka's Rivals page does not list him as a QB. I think he will play at TCU, but probably at TE.

[/quote]

He was recruited AS A QB and was assured he'd get a chance at the position come summer.

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="923512" timestamp="1291223391"]
Both of them are right where they should be.  The 19-4A coches did a good job of recognizing the efforts of these young men and voting that way.  Herrera played in only a half of most 19-4A games, so the coaches recognized what he would have done in full games and what he DID do in those halves of games to lead Dayton to the big leads over their schools.  Everyone would like to have more of their players represented but that is not going to happen.  

What the haitees?Merka on the 2nd team going to TCU-Justin Boothe OL going to Rice ??? ??? ::)WHAT???!!!  ITS CALLED [size=14pt]ALL-DISTICT[/size] FOR A REASON!!!
THAT IS LIKE SAYING A KID PLAYS 1 GAME INA DISTRICT AND FAILS OR GETS HURT AND THEY GIVE HIM MVP BAISED ON WHAT HE COULD HAVE DONE
[/quote]
[/quote]

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Cougtalk" post="923530" timestamp="1291224427"]
[quote author=Who'sYourPatty? link=topic=76796.msg923508#msg923508 date=1291222795]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He was recruited AS A QB and was assured he'd get a chance at the position come summer.
[/quote]

http://tcu.rivals.com/

Here is what TCU has as "Verbal" commitments. He is listed as an "Ath".

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="923515" timestamp="1291223542"]
This is not a list based where the kids are going to play the following year. It is what did the player do in the district ballgames against the other district opponents.  If you look at that then there really is no question that this list is correct.

[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=76796.msg923511#msg923511 date=1291223331]
WOW!!!!  Just like I said… Merka gets screwed because he plays for Crosby.  The kid is going to TCU and the best he can make is 2nd team!!!!    COME ON!!!  AND DAYTON WINNING ALMOST ALL THE SUPERS!!!!! WOW!!!  I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!!  I AM SURE FLANIGAN PUT HIM UP BUT THE COACHES VOTED FOR ANOTHER PLAYER BECAUSE HE PLAYS FOR CROSBY!!  THEY GOT TO BE IDIOTS!!!  COACHES ARE SUPOST TO BE FOR THE KIDS, AND I AM SURE ALL THEY SEE IS THE SCHOOL ON THE FRONT!!!!

[/quote]
[/quote][/quote]Well if that is your case then Merka out performed both Dayton kids!!!!
Merka had more yards rushing than Jakari and Merka had more passing yard than herrea so what is your conclusion now??????
Mine lead me to only one..... Other coaches are not going to vote for a kid who plays for Crosby!!!
Give me some FACTS and help me change my mind!!!!  I don't think you are going to find them!!

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="hitman009" post="923539" timestamp="1291224968"]
[quote author=SETEXFan link=topic=76796.msg923515#msg923515 date=1291223542]

[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=76796.msg923511#msg923511 date=1291223331]
WOW!!!!  Just like I said… Merka gets screwed because he plays for Crosby.  The kid is going to TCU and the best he can make is 2nd team!!!!     COME ON!!!  AND DAYTON WINNING ALMOST ALL THE SUPERS!!!!! WOW!!!   I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!!   I AM SURE FLANIGAN PUT HIM UP BUT THE COACHES VOTED FOR ANOTHER PLAYER BECAUSE HE PLAYS FOR CROSBY!!  THEY GOT TO BE IDIOTS!!!  COACHES ARE SUPOST TO BE FOR THE KIDS, AND I AM SURE ALL THEY SEE IS THE SCHOOL ON THE FRONT!!!!

[/quote]
[/quote][/quote]Well if that is your case then Merka out performed both Dayton kids!!!!
Merka had more yards rushing than Jakari and Merka had more passing yard than herrea so what is your conclusion now??????
Mine lead me to only one..... Other coaches are not going to vote for a kid who plays for Crosby!!!
Give me some FACTS and help me change my mind!!!!  I don't think you are going to find them!!
[/quote]

Merka should have been Co-MVP with the kid from Dayton. He deserves the recognition for how important he was to his team.

Wow! Okay, I can live with the fact that Merka didn't get MVP, but if not that award, he doesn't get 1st Team QB? This just isn't right. Maybe he's not the flashiest QB, but he just got the job done, whatever it took. He definitely carried that team and they wouldn't have gone nowhere without him. And yes from what I've heard TCU will probably try him at TE. Oh well, as we all know, life sometimes just isn't fair. But I do not agree with this decision.

[quote name="COUCH TATER" post="923631" timestamp="1291231172"]
Wow! Okay, I can live with the fact that Merka didn't get MVP, but if not that award, he doesn't get 1st Team QB? This just isn't right. Maybe he's not the flashiest QB, but he just got the job done, whatever it took. He definitely carried that team and they wouldn't have gone nowhere without him. And yes from what I've heard TCU will probably try him at TE. Oh well, as we all know, life sometimes just isn't fair. But I do not agree with this decision.
[/quote]I would not call finishing 1-4 as "getting the job done" ------as for MVP look at it this way-----the only way he was LESS valuable would be if Crosby finished 0-5

I have to trust the men in that room and the decision they made.

[quote name="Dayton Transplant" post="923666" timestamp="1291233536"]
Relax. It's high school. The real game starts at the next level in all sports. Let them enjoy the accomplishments and enjoy HS. As we all know, this is the BEST TIME OF THEIR LIFE.
[/quote]

I agree and hope Merka has the last laugh. Dayton always puts out great atheletes but Merka deserved more. As I stated on our district choices unless they go by stats then it is no more than a typical HS popularity contest. Congrats to all the kids that play on the list or not. Sad to see ya'lls district is just as screwed up as ours. :(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder