Nederland at Dayton Predictions

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll go first i guess.. if ned's D plays like it did last night, then this will be a good ballgame.. if they resort to the D they played against Waller and Central it will get ugly. Nederland has an upperhand in this series if memory serves me correct. At least recently they do.. Dayton is the best team in the district, no argument here.. But, I have a feeling this will be closer than people think.

The last thing a person from Dayton needs to do is get on here and talk crap to Nederland. They hold a 5-1 advantage over Dayton since 1997. With most of their wins being blowouts. Enjoy the win over Central and be proud of your team but hold off on the trash talking. You all have been very gracious so far, don't ruin by acting like Lumberton.

Nederland will be ready. Playoffs are on the line for themand they have a lot of pride over there. Should be a great game.

Guest Nederland Bandit

This one will be tough to win especially there. They have the best defense in 4A. We could still lose this one and get in as long as we beat Lumberton.

I know exactly where vidor stands in this district right now, and I am well aware of the four game losing streak. My post had nothing to do with vidor's record. I was just stating my opinion on the Dayton/ Ned. game. Seeing both teams play and keeping up with their progress throughout the season I feel like Ned. won't even be in this game. I am sorry if you Mid-County boys carry your feeling on your shoulder, but that is my honest opinion. Ned. may come out and prove me wrong and win in a laugher, I just don't see it happening.

I think Mosely will not even be a factor in this game against the Dayton-D.

And, I think their offense is going to have a field day on a weak Ned.-D.

If I am wrong so be it, but my opinion on the Ned/ Dayton game has nothing to do with vidor's record.

MC people need to get over themselves already!

:D

Did you guys catch the father of the Dugat boys on the radio Friday night, claiming that since the Nederland team didn't pull out the starters against them two years ago in the playoffs that they were going to keep pouring it on Nederland this coming Friday night. I just wanted to let everyone know the facts here. Nederland was whippin Dayton at halftime by over 40 points. 1st team played one offensive series in the second half then the 2nd and 3rd teamers took over. It just felt like we never let up.....some of the same 2nd and 3rd teamers are now seniors for Nederland. This is gonna be a good one. Nederland wins by 3!!!!!

vhs,

I apologize for the cheap shot at Vidor.. You are right that Vidor's record has nothing to do with the Ned/Dayton game and probably your prediction. My joke probably was in poor taste, but I am recalling all the trash we heard when Vidor beat us. And, I will give you a good point out of your post.. If Mosley is a non-factor in this game as you say, then it probably will be a laugher.. He has been THE MAIN FACTOR in every game this season and nobody has shut him down even though you guys think that holding him to 170 yards was shutting him down. And he missed about 10 mins. in that game due to inury. I think it'll be closer than poeple think, you think it'll be a blowout.. Let's just agree to disagree on this one.

Did you guys catch the father of the Dugat boys on the radio Friday night' date=' claiming that since the Nederland team didn't pull out the starters against them two years ago in the playoffs that they were going to keep pouring it on Nederland this coming Friday night. I just wanted to let everyone know the facts here. Nederland was whippin Dayton at halftime by over 40 points. 1st team played one offensive series in the second half then the 2nd and 3rd teamers took over. It just felt like we never let up.....some of the same 2nd and 3rd teamers are now seniors for Nederland. This is gonna be a good one. Nederland wins by 3!!!!![/quote']

I sure did hear that BS. What a liar. As I remember, Hood didn't even take a snap in the second half. You'd think that Dugat's father could at least tell the truth and get his facts straight.

Guest GoStangs

i'll go first i guess.. if ned's D plays like it did last night' date=' then this will be a good ballgame.. if they resort to the D they played against Waller and Central it will get ugly. Nederland has an upperhand in this series if memory serves me correct. At least recently they do.. Dayton is the best team in the district, no argument here.. But, I have a feeling this will be closer than people think.[/quote']

Your defense saw the bear offense last week -- that's nothing compared to what Dayton has, believe me. The Broncos have a pretty good running game -- probably the best 1-2 punch with their QB and Dugat at RB that you'll have seen in quite a while. They are big and physical, and NED's defense is still unproven in my book. Granted, I didn't see how the Dogs' defense played last night, but I look at it as they beat a 3-5 team who had put up 0 points the week before they played you all.

Guest TravelingBandsman

2 years ago when Nederland beat Dayton. The players were going around the whole time before the game claiming they were tired of practicing and of playing. Most of those guys are gone now. We have several people on our team who want to go the distance and be all they can be. The Dugats have been pulling off stuff that I thought was crazy like pushing 4 or 5 more yards with 3 guys hanging on him. Our wide receivers picking up these ridiculously long passes time after time. I haven't seen our team this good since I was in 8th grade and I'm graduating this school year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder