Nederland at Dayton Predictions

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mosely is a great back. He will definitely get his. We RESPECT nederland in the worst kind of way. That was not a very good dayton team that got blown out like that and Nederland did not run it up. I am glad we are in this district. It can only make our program better. Can't wait til friday. Good luck. That's all from me on this one.

Did you guys catch the father of the Dugat boys on the radio Friday night' date=' claiming that since the Nederland team didn't pull out the starters against them two years ago in the playoffs that they were going to keep pouring it on Nederland this coming Friday night. I just wanted to let everyone know the facts here. Nederland was whippin Dayton at halftime by over 40 points. 1st team played one offensive series in the second half then the 2nd and 3rd teamers took over. It just felt like we never let up.....some of the same 2nd and 3rd teamers are now seniors for Nederland. This is gonna be a good one. Nederland wins by 3!!!!![/quote']

1st thing is Dugats daddy isn't a coach at dayton, he doesn't have any input in the game, we had 7 or 8 sophmores and 1 freshman on that team from 2 years ago, i'm guessing they will be looking forward to this game, i know i am

2nd thing, lets see how he does against a real defense is that smack talking???

Nederland is sensitive.

Mr. Dugat was responding to some trash talk from a Central fan. Yeah he did run his head about Nederland bur nothing compared to the smack talked on here. Take it easy NED fans, he is a good guy.

Looking forward to watching Mosley play. As far as the history between Dayton and NED, well it is just that history.

Lets talk our teams now, this year.

Guest 1motime

That radio show is crap with all that stupid smack talk.

I like the one guy on the show but cant stand the other LOUD one all he talks about is the free food he gets from sponsors

I agree' date=' its pretty stupid and half the people that call in, sound drunk.[/quote']

I listened in on the way home after the Nederland/LC-M game and heard one woman from PN-G say that they would beat Dayton. When one of the guys asked her why PN-G would win, she stated something like, "because I graduated from PN-G in '75 and I always back them up".

With that logic, I graduated from Nederland in '74 so I guess Dayton is in trouble this week...........

Guest TravelingBandsman

Some people might take the "I always back them up" as a sign she'll show up at the game and try to mess up the gameplay...or, she was just very drunk.

I am more worried about Dayton's defense more than their offense or their running backs. If Nederland can get their ground game untracked against the Bronco defense, it will keep Dayton's offense off of the field and can at least give the Bulldogs a shot at the game. Also, maybe if Dayton turned it over about half a dozen times like they did against Central.......

If Dayton's strong defense can stop Nederland's line from opening holes for Mosley and Gutierrez, then the Bulldogs might be in for a long night.

Guest TravelingBandsman

The problem with the Central game was the weather conditions. Everything was very muddy and wet and that's when you see a lot of fumbles. When it's dry and we don't have to worry about the weather, our game improves tenfold.

She said she graduated in '75 and they won state that year. (which has a lot of bearing on a game 2 weeks away.)

Yes, she did add the part about winning state that year as well as the part about always supporting them. In both circumstances, they are obvious reasons that PN-G will prevail in two weeks.

Stranger things have happened than Nederland winning this game. I do not think Daytons offense vs. our defense is the question. They are better and we are going to be in a battle to just slow them down..This defense learned a LOT this week against LCM and made quantum improvements in their positioning and execution that you can only appreciate if you have actually seen them play.

If Nederland has a chance its going to be because they find a way to get back on track and score like they have been all season.. Central exposed some vulnerability in the Dayton offense that we will be the 1st to have the opportunity to watch film on and try to exploit. I am not saying its the key, but it cant do anything but help.

You need to go back and look at history. Nederland has ALWAYS been somewhat soft and they have always given up yards. BUT they have always been a bend, but dont break defense. 12 points and 275 is probably pretty average over the Neumann era. As long as they dont allow you to score I dont care if they allow 1000 yards per game.

If you want me to make the safe choice based on statistics then sure Dayton is he favorite, but I think I see us turning a corner defensively that is going to help bring us closer to playing us to full potential.

I pick the "Callallen of the North" :wink: to pull this one out just because I want to! 8)

Yes' date=' she did add the part about winning state that year as well as the part about always supporting them. In both circumstances, they are obvious reasons that PN-G will prevail in two weeks.[/quote']

There it is... That is that thing I have been trying to tell PNG people (sorry guys) that they do that they just dont see... That is they say,, "we won in 1975 and we have "tradition" so that means we can win now!" lol I have heard that 1000000000000 in the last 21 years :D

Nederland will lose this game. Micah's yards are getting harder to come by. Our passing attack gets no respect from opposing defenses so it doesn't affect how the defense plays the run. The one play to counter the pursuit in the lcm game was ran at an inopportune time and almost cost us the game. And apparently Dayton's defense will the toughest we have played against since LaMarque.

We feel better about our defense after winning 3 in a row but those wins came against average to below average offenses. Dayton has the big time back, similar to Central's and Waller's that ran up and down the field on us, which we can't seem to stop.

But I'll still be there.

Go Central.

Holman

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder