Barbers Hill vs. Port Neches-Groves Game Thread/PNG WINS 21-13!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="906800" timestamp="1289662570"]
Nothing beats the Marching I at halftime.  Lots of great memories seeing this.
http://www.youtube.com/user/toupsgraphics?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/NT4FPFQowIM
[/quote]

I agree and the tribute they did to Mr. Durham, by spelling out "TIP" was very classy!  Kinda gets ur "purple" blood pumpin, huh?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Peppermint Patty" post="906755" timestamp="1289660613"]
Anyone have the final stats from this games?

[/quote]
complete stats here
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?site=default&mkt=&Season=2010&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=89088&TeamID=151&SearchType=Teams

[quote name="indnfan" post="906811" timestamp="1289662925"]
[quote author=Peppermint Patty link=topic=75974.msg906755#msg906755 date=1289660613]
Anyone have the final stats from this games?

[/quote]
complete stats here
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?site=default&mkt=&Season=2010&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=89088&TeamID=151&SearchType=Teams
[/quote]

WOW, that's pretty darn even stats.  Tells the story too......the two BH fumbles and BH trying to throw bombs instead of higher percentage passing routs.  Had BH made fewer mistakes and managed the game calling better, much different outcome.  PNG did what they do, play simple fundamental almost error free football.  Good game both teams. 

On to the 2nd hunt for that pink shirt. 

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="907040" timestamp="1289673355"]
I was really impressed with BH's speed on the outside on D and their tackling.  The best fundamental tackling I've seen all yr.  Good coaching.
[/quote]
I have to agree. Their run D must be pretty good cuz our coaches were committed to throw and not run straight at em with Bertrand. I do believe this BH team will be heard from next year!!!

[quote name="indnfan" post="907079" timestamp="1289674953"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=75974.msg907040#msg907040 date=1289673355]
I was really impressed with BH's speed on the outside on D and their tackling.  The best fundamental tackling I've seen all yr.  Good coaching.
[/quote]
I have to agree. Their run D must be pretty good cuz our coaches were committed to throw and not run straight at em with Bertrand. I do believe this BH team will be heard from next year!!!
[/quote]

We should be loaded next year.  Our starting QB will be back who is a freshman and the back-up, who you saw last night is a sophmore.  We have some key defensive players who will be back from injury too.  We have 22 or 23 returning to Varsity and most of those were key players this and last year.  We have some good kids coming up too, so should be in good shape for a while.

http://nse.bhisd.net/docs/6-F%20V%20Roster.pdf  Varsity Roster
http://nse.bhisd.net/docs/6-F%20V%20Roster.pdf JV Roster
http://nse.bhisd.net/docs/6-F%20FR%20Roster%202010.pdf Freshman Roster (some of these kids will by-pass JV)

My prediction, The Real Football Team from BH will be District Champions next year.  No Doubt!!!  ;)

[quote name="bh89-2" post="907150" timestamp="1289677785"]
[quote author=indnfan link=topic=75974.msg907079#msg907079 date=1289674953]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=75974.msg907040#msg907040 date=1289673355]
[/quote]
[/quote]

We should be loaded next year.  Our starting QB will be back who is a freshman and the back-up, who you saw last night is a sophmore.  We have some key defensive players who will be back from injury too.  We have 22 or 23 returning to Varsity and most of those were key players this and last year.  We have some good kids coming up too, so should be in good shape for a while.

http://nse.bhisd.net/docs/6-F%20V%20Roster.pdf  Varsity Roster
http://nse.bhisd.net/docs/6-F%20V%20Roster.pdf JV Roster
http://nse.bhisd.net/docs/6-F%20FR%20Roster%202010.pdf Freshman Roster (some of these kids will by-pass JV)

My prediction, The Real Football Team from BH will be District Champions next year.  No Doubt!!!  ;)
[/quote]
There is only 1 real team in 19-4A and dont be mistaken

Once again, thanks Eagles for a great "comeback" season.  Good luck to PNG, and may Cherokee be heard for a few more weeks!

Speaking of the Hardwood...#16 BH girls take on #9 La Marque at the Field House Tuesday night and #14 5A Atascocita Friday at home.   So BH fans FB fans, come rock the house, we got another contender on The Hill!

this is commign from a small senior lineman that played for the hill last friday.

now my rant:
i want to thank all the good sportsman ship from MOST of the ndn players exept number 33. the late hit on an o lineman that wasnt looking when the play was over (gave the him a minor concussion) and all his s**t talking, he will get his when its his time.
heres a link to a pic of me and him getting into each other when the play was done i let off and threw my hands up so i wouldnt be flaged
http://eaglepix.smugmug.com/Sports/Football/BH-FB-vs-PNG/14655265_WvPNe#1090663202_XvKca

Too all the people that said it was going to be a blow out i guess the hill showed you it wasnt they didnt put there 2nd string in and just put it on cruise now did they. we kept it close so hahahaha.
rant over.

now great game png i hope yall go far and beat the heck out of everyone and i hope yall get a chance to demolish dayton. to all the png fans thanks for the kind complements and encouragement it means alot. yall sure do support yalls team. at the end of the game when we lines up for the good game thing yalls boys were very repectful good men and althletes. the coaches from png are very respectful as well. everyone of the coaches from png  meet said that i had allout of heart and was a great player for my size. they said to keep my head and that i played great. they were nice to evereyone of the bh players they meet.  yall have a very stout team just need to tighten up on a few things and yall should be almost unbeatable. we shot ourselves in the foot with a few to many penalties and fumbles. overall great game. made my last senior game a blast and fun. thank you to all the ndn players and fans once again

does anyone know who the ndns play next and were wouldnt mind going to support a good team with the exeption of suport for number 33.

now bh lets get to state next year. and one last thing

[size=16pt]THE HILL IS FOR REAL!!![/size]

our coaches cant recruit but i can.watched that soph qb for bhill last year light up our freshmen.got a good arm but he's in the wrong system.come over to the reservation and get a chance to show off that arm.were less than an hour down the road.bh and png will always play each other tough.similar kids but different schemes.well played game by both teams.

Thank you for your compliments maddog!  Y'all gave us one heck of a game!  Most of us knew it would be close...most of what you read on here is just alot of smack talk!  BH is a fine team and should be proud!  Good luck to you in the future!
We play Willis Saturday at 7 in the same place...BISD Stadium.  We'd be more than happy to have you on our side!

[quote name="maddog56" post="909444" timestamp="1289797529"]
this is commign from a small senior lineman that played for the hill last friday.

now my rant:
i want to thank all the good sportsman ship from MOST of the ndn players exept number 33. the late hit on an o lineman that wasnt looking when the play was over (gave the him a minor concussion) and all his s**t talking, he will get his when its his time.
heres a link to a pic of me and him getting into each other when the play was done i let off and threw my hands up so i wouldnt be flaged
http://eaglepix.smugmug.com/Sports/Football/BH-FB-vs-PNG/14655265_WvPNe#1090663202_XvKca

Too all the people that said it was going to be a blow out i guess the hill showed you it wasnt they didnt put there 2nd string in and just put it on cruise now did they. we kept it close so hahahaha.
rant over.

now great game png i hope yall go far and beat the heck out of everyone and i hope yall get a chance to demolish dayton. to all the png fans thanks for the kind complements and encouragement it means alot. yall sure do support yalls team. at the end of the game when we lines up for the good game thing yalls boys were very repectful good men and althletes. the coaches from png are very respectful as well. everyone of the coaches from png  meet said that i had allout of heart and was a great player for my size. they said to keep my head and that i played great. they were nice to evereyone of the bh players they meet.  yall have a very stout team just need to tighten up on a few things and yall should be almost unbeatable. we shot ourselves in the foot with a few to many penalties and fumbles. overall great game. made my last senior game a blast and fun. thank you to all the ndn players and fans once again

does anyone know who the ndns play next and were wouldnt mind going to support a good team with the exeption of suport for number 33.

[/quote]
maddog, If u come to the game we will be visitors again. (not like it would be hard to tell) ;D You guys played a great game. Next year looks promising for the hill. Good luck to you in the future!

#33 is DJ and he plays with alot of intensity and just flat out brute force, i like him hes very respectful and came out to my sons games and my son idolizes him right now, now im gonna comment on the game i think that Doty and his recievers werent on the same page alot of the times, was amir not feeling good cuz i didnt see the same intensity in him, there was several times we could have used Chase last night and didnt, i was confused but still yelling my head off. Band kid if u see this tell the cheeer leaders to make a sign " 3rd down get up and make noise" saw way too many people sitting down on 3rd down and noise to a minimun and the defense was playing great, expected alot more noise.

[quote name="maddog56" post="909444" timestamp="1289797529"]

now my rant:

rant over.

now great game png i hope yall go far and beat the heck out of everyone and [b]i hope yall get a chance to demolish dayton.[/b] to all the png fans thanks for the kind complements and encouragement it means alot. yall sure do support yalls team. at the end of the game when we lines up for the good game thing yalls boys were very repectful good men and althletes. the coaches from png are very respectful as well. everyone of the coaches from png  meet said that i had allout of heart and was a great player for my size. they said to keep my head and that i played great. they were nice to evereyone of the bh players they meet.  yall have a very stout team just need to tighten up on a few things and yall should be almost unbeatable. we shot ourselves in the foot with a few to many penalties and fumbles. overall great game. made my last senior game a blast and fun. thank you to all the ndn players and fans once again

[/quote]

I hope so too. I wouldn't mind another trip to the Regional title game.

[quote name="dayton" post="909807" timestamp="1289846830"]
I hope so too. I wouldn't mind another trip to the Regional title game.
[/quote]

not hating just didnt get to play against dayton when yall played us.... and i like to mess with yall dayton ponies :D

yes dj has alot of intinsity. as for brute force ehhhhhhhh i was able to block him and i am only 5'7 at 177 :D

id repect him if he woudl of pulled of when the play was dead and not tried to fight me or let off when the played was dead and he hit the othe rolien in the back of the head wiht his facemask.  I realize he is pumped but talking shit to anothe rplayer for blockign and trying to fight him and then take another out after the play is done just doesnt get my respect. no shit though he is a very talented player and athletic .....i think the pads make him look a lil bigger than he is though :D

ii i come i am not wearign that damed purple. lost to two teams this year so i have had enough :D all depends on if i can get done with my college stuff.

and thanks to all the ndn's and everyone that wished me good luck in my future

[quote name="Eagle11" post="911117" timestamp="1289964769"]
Good game maddog and best of luck.

There is a difference in intensity and being a dumbass.......#33 crossed that line several times. #77 was intense but controlled himself very well.

Maddog.....very good luck to you in your future endeavors.
[/quote]
I see no need for name calling. Yes, he is very intense and makes some bad decisions but dumba$$... NO need for that!!!

There is a difference in intensity and being a dumbass.......#33 crossed that line several times. #77 was intense but controlled himself very well.

[/quote]
And I guess you are the master of self control! DJ may have trouble containing his emotions on the football field during the heat of battle, but you just cussed a 17 year old kid sitting behind your computer. Unbelievable!

[/quote]
Remember that these are kids playing a game.  Coach BF does not condone any unsportsmanlike conduct; penalized or not. It is his job to teach these boys how to play the game an I am fully confident he will do so.
It is easy to see that maddog is maturing maybe ahead of some of his peers. The simple principle of right and wrong is crystal clear to maddog and I understand where he is coming from. I will chime in with others and say good game and good luck to you in your future. Thanks for the good post.

Holy Cow......dumbass is that upsetting? Really? I meant no ill will on the post but I bet if he had been flagged for the hit he would have been called worse than that on the sideline........and I never made a reference that the coach condoned or taught that.

Sorry if I ruffled any headdress feathers