Hull-Daisetta vs Lovelady

Well I believe this will be a close game. H-D is looking good on both sides of the ball. I am really impressed with our 0-line. Also impressed with the way Keith Gilmore, Tyler Drake, and Chisholm Marberry are playing. Got to give David Morrow and Chris Taylor credit, they are playing great on the D-line not just on the o-line. With Lovelady losing 19 seniors to graduation and Tre Sherman their All-State RB, I feel like we can get a win at home.

H-D 21
Lovelady 20

Sherman didn't play last year in the playoff game against Hull and has been ineligible since moving so he wouldn't play anyway. Give this years team credit several of these kids played on last years team so it wasn't all seniors. #22 Kelly (soph.) had his best game of the year against WS 4 tds. two rushing and two recieving and Lovelady has scored over 40 pts. in both district games while holding the opponents to 4 tds. total with one of those against the backups. This years team is finally getting healthy and is gaining a whole lot of confidence. Should be a good game.

H-D has and will always be tough to beat at home. We are aware that we are the under dog, all the pressure is on Lovelady. If Lovelady thinks they are gonna come to the SWAMP and have an easy win, boy are they gonna be suprised !! These Ole H-D boys have alot of pride and heart. I don't think yall really know how good H-D is playing. History shows when H-D plays at home good things happen.

H-D 21
Lovelady 20

Guest Abraham
I agree with 1880.. H-D 55 is living in the past and he needs to realize that his bobcats aren't what they used to be i'm not trying to be rude but they are on a downslope right now.

I agree a little with 55.  The Cats can play and are always tough at home.  I may be the only person from Evadale that's pulling for HD but I'm still partial to the old District.  Except of course the next time the Rebs and the Cats meet (and they will some day) I hope the Rebs beat the ever-loving snot outta HD!  LOL
Having said all that, I'm pulling for ya but I think Lovelady is just too tough this year, so I'm saying LL in a real close game.  Good luck to both.

[quote name="Abraham" post="887121" timestamp="1288027345"]
I agree with 1880.. H-D 55 is living in the past and he needs to realize that his bobcats aren't what they used to be i'm not trying to be rude but they are on a downslope right now.
[/quote] We make the playoffs just about every year and we have a winning record almost every year. I agree we are terrible ! I guess if you look at all the Football Championships HD has won, and the National winning streak we once had at 43 straight victories. Yes I would say we are on a downward slope. LOL !  I can think of lots of teams that would love to be on H-D's downward spiral !! LOL !

I could be in for a big suprise, but all these predictions of HD losing by 35-50 points is crazy. I'm from Hull-Daisetta, but I'm also a realist. I really was high on HD's team going into this season, but a couple bad games against Iola and Crossroads where they had a total of 13 turnovers, had me losing a little faith as well. But honestly, who wins games with 8 turnovers?? Those problems are corrected and the Bobcats are hanging on to the ball for the most part. A couple key turnovers against 2A Deweyville or they could have pulled that one out losing 23-20. I'm not making excuses, but if HD had to re-play their 3 losses this season now, I'd be willing to bet they win 2 of those 3, if not all three games. We have improved, just as Lovelady has improved. Last year the Lions took it to HD in the playoffs and it wasn't close. With that being said, HD is alot better this year than they were last year, and in my opinion Lovelady isn't nearly as good as they were last year (they were really really good last season). Adding up those factors, the fact that it's in Daisetta, the Bobcats would love some revenge for that playoff loss last season, and that both teams are playing well and coming off big wins and this will determine the district championship.... I think anything can happen! I'm not gonna predict a score, but I promise you neither team will win by 40 points! It'll be a game that can go either way that will be single digits unless one team makes several mistakes. Let's go Bobcats!

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="889689" timestamp="1288289501"]
I could be in for a big suprise, but all these predictions of HD losing by 35-50 points is crazy. I'm from Hull-Daisetta, but I'm also a realist. I really was high on HD's team going into this season, but a couple bad games against Iola and Crossroads where they had a total of 13 turnovers, had me losing a little faith as well. But honestly, who wins games with 8 turnovers?? Those problems are corrected and the Bobcats are hanging on to the ball for the most part. A couple key turnovers against 2A Deweyville or they could have pulled that one out losing 23-20. I'm not making excuses, but if HD had to re-play their 3 losses this season now, I'd be willing to bet they win 2 of those 3, if not all three games. We have improved, just as Lovelady has improved. Last year the Lions took it to HD in the playoffs and it wasn't close. With that being said, HD is alot better this year than they were last year, and in my opinion Lovelady isn't nearly as good as they were last year (they were really really good last season). Adding up those factors, the fact that it's in Daisetta, the Bobcats would love some revenge for that playoff loss last season, and that both teams are playing well and coming off big wins and this will determine the district championship.... I think anything can happen! I'm not gonna predict a score, but I promise you neither team will win by 40 points! It'll be a game that can go either way that will be single digits unless one team makes several mistakes. Let's go Bobcats!
[/quote] Well said, good post.

Yes that's very true.  HD is better than last year and playing at home.  And Lovelady did lose a lot from last year.  But truthfully, Lovelady didn't lose any of the discipline that they had.  And HD has yet to prove that they can play mistake free.  Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for the cats in this one.  But even in the last 2 wins they had, they still put the ball on the grass...  In fact, every game they turn it over.  If they don't cut down on the mistakes in a hurry, these last 2 weeks might get ugly.

Mistake free game:  28 - 24 either team.
If HD has mental breakdown:  Lovelady 42 HD 20

[quote name="knows2much" post="890190" timestamp="1288365704"]
Yes that's very true.  HD is better than last year and playing at home.  And Lovelady did lose a lot from last year.  But truthfully, Lovelady didn't lose any of the discipline that they had.  And HD has yet to prove that they can play mistake free.  Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for the cats in this one.  But even in the last 2 wins they had, they still put the ball on the grass...  In fact, every game they turn it over.  If they don't cut down on the mistakes in a
hurry, these last 2 weeks might get ugly.

Mistake free game:  28 - 24 either team.
If HD has mental breakdown:  Lovelady 42 HD 20
[/quote]

I'd agree with this and this prediction

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder