Best PNG Football Player Ever?

BADSANTA

The best that I got to see was Dustin Long I watched him 2 or 3 times his senior year. Ask the Lamarque fans about him. He put on a display against them over in the dome one night. I watched alot of great football games in the dome that year. I saw Garland, Katy, PNG , Lamarque, Brazosport, Waller, Nederland, Stephensville, and many more I cant remember.

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="player66" post="886170" timestamp="1287928749"]
I forgot his first name, but McGill was one of the best HS runningbacks ever I saw. Never saw "Jet", but I have taken McGill over Long anyday
[/quote]
Ron McGill back on the 89' team that made it to the Quarters and fell to A&M Consolidated in the Astrodome. I believe that was the Danny Malone coached Indians there and a lot of talent on that team as well  ;)

[quote name="JoesBros" post="886185" timestamp="1287930378"]
[quote author=player66 link=topic=74933.msg886170#msg886170 date=1287928749]
I forgot his first name, but McGill was one of the best HS runningbacks ever I saw. Never saw "Jet", but I have taken McGill over Long anyday
[/quote]
Ron McGill back on the 89' team that made it to the Quarters and fell to A&M Consolidated in the Astrodome. I believe that was the Danny Malone coached Indians there and a lot of talent on that team as well  ;)
[/quote]

Mcgill was good, I played against him. Not sure about the best but he was a tough runner with alot of speed.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="oldollie" post="886906" timestamp="1288014992"]
Jeff the Jet!! You can tell there are alot of young people on this board if they say anyone else!! ;D
[/quote]
I agree. PNG's had a lot of "talent" over the years, but someone like Jeff Bergeron only comes around every 50 or so years.  He had more than just talent--he was the only RB we had that could ever be compared to Gordon LeBoeuf (God rest his soul). They were players that had a God-given talent that can't be taught or learned; it was just natural. I'm still waiting for us to have another natural like they were.

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="oldollie" post="886906" timestamp="1288014992"]
Jeff the Jet!! You can tell there are alot of young people on this board if they say anyone else!! ;D
[/quote]

+1

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder