Derrick Hall plans to play football for Lamar

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HardHitter" post="884297" timestamp="1287800562"]
If they would give the ball to logan or hussey inside the 5 we would have already scored a rushing td.....

Well at least Hall can solve all our rushing problems single handly..... ;)
[/quote]

My point exactly.  Hall will have to score from our end of the field and will probably only get 10-12 carries knowing how our play calling is.

[quote name="hipster" post="885093" timestamp="1287847764"]
Lets hope he is half as good as he thinks he is.  He has done anything in college yet
[/quote]

Well, I hope he thinks he is good and a player who can change the game with one touch of the ball. I like players who have confidence in their abilities.  ;)

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="885113" timestamp="1287848894"]
from a good source of mine Jeremy Johnson will attend Lamar
[/quote]

If true this could really help us in all phases of the football team. It will help recruiting and the addition of Hall will give the offense a true dual threat. All of which will make us better.

[quote name="hipster" post="885093" timestamp="1287847764"]
Lets hope he is half as good as he thinks he is.  He has done anything in college yet
[/quote]
Derrick Hall Bio:
Played two years at Navarro Junior College . . . helped lead his team to a two-year mark of 21-2 and back-to-back conference titles . . . rushed for 1,011 yards and 14 touchdowns on 114 attempts as a sophomore . . . also caught 13 passes for 292 yards and four TDs . . . was credited with 1,211 yards and 15 TDs on 158 carries in his freshman season, while catching 14 passes for 300 yards and four touchdowns . . . earned all-conference merits as a sophomore . . . junior college coach was Nick Bobeck . . . originally signed with Texas A&M out of high school . . . played his prep football at Beaumont Central High School . . . rushed for 857 yards and six TDs, and caught 18 passes for 557 yards as a senior . . . also had 60 tackles and three interceptions from his free safety spot in his senior campaign . . . gained 513 yards on 50 carries for a 10.3 average his junior season . . . also had 19 receptions for 334 yards as a junior . . . was ranked as the No.9 athlete in the nation by Rivals.com as a prep senior . . . rated as No. 91 overall nationally by ESPNU, and was the No. 9-ranked athlete by ESPNU . . . in track, ran a 100-meter time of 10.33, and jumped 6-10 in the high jump and 24-7 in the long jump . . . prep football coach was Donald Stalworth.

[quote name="LU1991" post="885374" timestamp="1287861948"]
[quote author=hipster link=topic=74891.msg885093#msg885093 date=1287847764]
[/quote]
Derrick Hall Bio:
Played two years at Navarro Junior College . . . helped lead his team to a two-year mark of 21-2 and back-to-back conference titles . . . rushed for 1,011 yards and 14 touchdowns on 114 attempts as a sophomore . . . also caught 13 passes for 292 yards and four TDs . . . was credited with 1,211 yards and 15 TDs on 158 carries in his freshman season, while catching 14 passes for 300 yards and four touchdowns . . . earned all-conference merits as a sophomore . . . junior college coach was Nick Bobeck . . . originally signed with Texas A&M out of high school . . . played his prep football at Beaumont Central High School . . . rushed for 857 yards and six TDs, and caught 18 passes for 557 yards as a senior . . . also had 60 tackles and three interceptions from his free safety spot in his senior campaign . . . gained 513 yards on 50 carries for a 10.3 average his junior season . . . also had 19 receptions for 334 yards as a junior . . . was ranked as the No.9 athlete in the nation by Rivals.com as a prep senior . . . rated as No. 91 overall nationally by ESPNU, and was the No. 9-ranked athlete by ESPNU . . . [b]in track, ran a 100-meter time of 10.33, and jumped 6-10 in the high jump and 24-7 in the long jump .[/b] . . prep football coach was Donald Stalworth.
[/quote]

But people don't think he can run a legit 4.4 in the forty and I've seen an article about him running a 4.3. But I have used google and can't find it. It was in an article written for insidetulsasports.com after he signed with Tulsa.  :D :D

Here's a couple of old recruiting sites listing Derrick Hall running both 4.3 and 4.4:

http://texasbluechips.com/2008.html

http://www.maxemfingerrecruiting.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=285&Itemid=2

This was back when he was still in high school.  No matter what he runs now he will be a big boost to Lamar's offense the next two years.

[quote name="LU1991" post="885374" timestamp="1287861948"]
[/quote]
Derrick Hall Bio:
Played two years at Navarro Junior College . . . helped lead his team to a two-year mark of 21-2 and back-to-back conference titles . . . rushed for 1,011 yards and 14 touchdowns on 114 attempts as a sophomore . . . also caught 13 passes for 292 yards and four TDs . . . was credited with 1,211 yards and 15 TDs on 158 carries in his freshman season, while catching 14 passes for 300 yards and four touchdowns . . . earned all-conference merits as a sophomore . . . junior college coach was Nick Bobeck . . . originally signed with Texas A&M out of high school . . . played his prep football at Beaumont Central High School . . . rushed for 857 yards and six TDs, and caught 18 passes for 557 yards as a senior . . . also had 60 tackles and three interceptions from his free safety spot in his senior campaign . . . gained 513 yards on 50 carries for a 10.3 average his junior season . . . also had 19 receptions for 334 yards as a junior . . . was ranked as the No.9 athlete in the nation by Rivals.com as a prep senior . . . rated as No. 91 overall nationally by ESPNU, and was the No. 9-ranked athlete by ESPNU . . . in track, ran a 100-meter time of 10.33, and jumped 6-10 in the high jump and 24-7 in the long jump . . . prep football coach was Donald Stalworth.
[/quote]His high school coach's name was Donald Stowers, not Stalworth.

[quote name="bigred360" post="885345" timestamp="1287861001"]
[/quote]

Well, I hope he thinks he is good and a player who can change the game with one touch of the ball. I like players who have confidence in their abilities.  ;)
[/quote]I like players that let their play on the field do the talking for them!

I hope both of them enroll at Lamar, but first things first, let's not make all-americans out of them just yet, they both need to be excepted and enrolled. I just don't know how you can stay out of school for months at a time and then become eligible. They won't be able to transfer any hours because, as far as i know they haven't earned any.

There's something up with the Hall kid, he signed w/ A&M and couldn't get in, so he transferred to Navarro stayed 2 yrs transferred to Tulsa, now he can't hack it i guess?? Just might be some reason for concearn with him. JMO

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="885705" timestamp="1287878150"]
I hope both of them enroll at Lamar, but first things first, let's not make all-americans out of them just yet, they both need to be excepted and enrolled. I just don't know how you can stay out of school for months at a time and then become eligible. They won't be able to transfer any hours because, as far as i know they haven't earned any.

There's something up with the Hall kid, he signed w/ A&M and couldn't get in, so he transferred to Navarro stayed 2 yrs transferred to Tulsa, now he can't hack it i guess?? Just might be some reason for concearn with him. JMO
[/quote]

Jeremy must be taking at least 12 hours and WVU to remain eligible there.. And Derrick had to have at least 24 hours of credit to even take the field his sophomore year.. So Frog does have transferrable classes.

[quote name="AJ25" post="885711" timestamp="1287878353"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74891.msg885705#msg885705 date=1287878150]

[/quote]

Jeremy must be taking at least 12 hours and WVU to remain eligible there.. And Derrick had to have at least 24 hours of credit to even take the field his sophomore year.. So Frog does have transferrable classes.
[/quote]we'll see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder