*BREAKING NEWS/LCM with possible ineligible player*

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="881095" timestamp="1287534946"]
[quote author=outanup link=topic=74713.msg881080#msg881080 date=1287534285]
Very sad for the team.... guess its also possible (if true) they could win out and still qualify for postseason play? Maybe?
[/quote]

Doubtful. If they have to forfeit all of their district victories to date, that would leave them at 0-4 in district.  It is not impossible, but unlikely.
[/quote]

Gotta win 4 to goto playoffs in 20-4a

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Pirate8787" post="881672" timestamp="1287587677"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=74713.msg881095#msg881095 date=1287534946]
[quote author=outanup link=topic=74713.msg881080#msg881080 date=1287534285]
Very sad for the team.... guess its also possible (if true) they could win out and still qualify for postseason play? Maybe?
[/quote]

Doubtful. If they have to forfeit all of their district victories to date, that would leave them at 0-4 in district.  It is not impossible, but unlikely.
[/quote]

Gotta win 4 to goto playoffs in 20-4a
[/quote]

Yea...3 wont get you in.

[quote name="elhector1" post="881674" timestamp="1287587720"]
Me thinks that there is more than one pot stirrer with their shovel in the bubbling brew...Someone who is a fan, yet sits on the sidelines...Maybe 55 years... :o
[/quote]

You lost me ???

[quote name="mat" post="881680" timestamp="1287587871"]
[quote author=elhector1 link=topic=74713.msg881674#msg881674 date=1287587720]
Me thinks that there is more than one pot stirrer with their shovel in the bubbling brew...Someone who is a fan, yet sits on the sidelines...Maybe 55 years... :o
[/quote]

You lost me ???
[/quote]

sidelinefan55...has posted about as much as zinger did, only on this topic, and has pulled out the rule book in a flash, with the pertinent, at least in their minds, clause highlighted... ;)

I heard this anonymous letter was sent to multiple media outlets.  If thats the case, then why was KFDM the only one to report on the story?  Is it because the other stations make a habit not to break stories regarding information sent by an anonymous person without first doing there own investigation as to whether or not that information is indeed factual?

[quote name="DflylikEANeagleO" post="881711" timestamp="1287589371"]
I heard this anonymous letter was sent to multiple media outlets.  If thats the case, then why was KFDM the only one to report on the story?  Is it because the other stations make a habit not to break stories regarding information sent by an anonymous person without first doing there own investigation as to whether or not that information is indeed factual?
[/quote]

The story isn't about it being "factual", it was about them being sent an anonymous letter, and if you listened to the news last night you would see they did investigate, they called the father and talked to him, he lives in LCM.

My thoughts on this topic:

1) This is not breaking news.
2) This is breaking rumor. Just because it was mailed to you instead of written on this message board, does not make it news.
3) IMO this was irresponsble jounalism.
4) This post I am writing is an anonimous letter in which I am accusing KFDM of irresponsible jounalism and I bet they will not report my accusation on tonights news. Maybe if I mailed it to them.
5) Zinger was called out and canceled his account to setxsports. Interesting to me.
6) All of you rules quoters are missing a few components of this equation. A) Kid is a senior. Rules are a little different. B) kid was signed off on by former school.  C) kid has not been accused of moving for  athletic purposes, as noted in his previous athletic participation form signed by previous athletic director.
D) kid sat out fifteen days from what i hear
7) You recon there are any area schools that break any rules.  I could list numerous schools right now that I THINK are violating specific UIL rules on a regular basis.  Example REQUIRED football weight workouts during offseason before school. Example Having VARSITY coaches that are not employees of the school.  Example Recruiting Example Sunday workouts  I could go on and on. If I called them on this right here, right now, in an anonimous format on this sight would it be BREAKING NEWS? Or would it be if I mailed it out to you all?

[quote name="midcountymadness" post="881746" timestamp="1287591504"]
My thoughts on this topic:

1) This is not breaking news.
2) This is breaking rumor. Just because it was mailed to you instead of written on this message board, does not make it news.
3) IMO this was irresponsble jounalism.
4) This post I am writing is an anonimous letter in which I am accusing KFDM of irresponsible jounalism and I bet they will not report my accusation on tonights news. Maybe if I mailed it to them.
5) Zinger was called out and canceled his account to setxsports. Interesting to me.
6) All of you rules quoters are missing a few components of this equation. A) Kid is a senior. Rules are a little different. B) kid was signed off on by former school.  C) kid has not been accused of moving for  athletic purposes, as noted in his previous athletic participation form signed by previous athletic director.
D) kid sat out fifteen days from what i hear
7) You recon there are any area schools that break any rules.  I could list numerous schools right now that I THINK are violating specific UIL rules on a regular basis.  Example REQUIRED football weight workouts during offseason before school. Example Having VARSITY coaches that are not employees of the school.  Example Recruiting Example Sunday workouts  I could go on and on. If I called them on this right here, right now, in an anonimous format on this sight would it be BREAKING NEWS? Or would it be if I mailed it out to you all?

[/quote] As Bobcat05 said....The story isn't about it being "factual", it was about them being sent an anonymous letter, [b]and if you listened to the news last night you would see they did investigate[/b]

[quote name="slsblab" post="881539" timestamp="1287580316"]
Zinger, you seem to have an awful lot of interest in this!! And seem to want LCM to be doing something wrong. I am sure it is because you just want to see right prevail and you are a person of justice!! Or could it be it gives your team a  better shot at the playoffs!! Maybe we have discovered who wrote the anonymous letter!! ;D :D ;)
[/quote]

I'm with you, it seems, Zinger is the one who wrote the letter.  ;)

Bobcat, I did watch the 10:00pm news last night and what I heard was basically a retraction.  I did not see news at 6:00pm, but it is obvious to me that they broke a "rumor" that was brought to their attention by an anonymous person.  Why would a newstation put their "good" name on a letter that some coward wrote and didn't have the guts to put his or her name on?  Great post by madness... Talk about irresponsible journalism.  

I really dont care who wrote the letter.... I just want to know what is the verdict of the UIL investigation...
anybody know when they are going to make their ruling???
If UIL investigated then it is news and not irresponsible reporting.....
Just look at the news about a lot of people.... Farve for example with his texts.... Mel Gibson with phone call... if there is a investigation then it is news to me..

[quote name="zinger" post="881541" timestamp="1287580512"]
no i did not write the letter but its about time someone stood up against all the school changing
[/quote]

Why would this kid want to transfer to LCM for athletic proposes, LCM was picked close to last, if not last in the district.  They hadn't been to the playoffs in 13 years and a winning record in as many.  Come on Zinger, come out the closet and admit that you are the person with misinformed information.

Guest slsblab
Unforunately Hitman, the UIL has to investigate every anonymous letter about this. That doesn't make it news or make it true that any wrong was done. One anonymous person caused all this mess and everyone ran with it.

[quote name="DflylikEANeagleO" post="881773" timestamp="1287592895"]
Bobcat, I did watch the 10:00pm news last night and what I heard was basically a retraction.  I did not see news at 6:00pm, but it is obvious to me that they broke a "rumor" that was brought to their attention by an anonymous person.  Why would a newstation put their "good" name on a letter that some coward wrote and didn't have the guts to put his or her name on?  Great post by madness... Talk about irresponsible journalism.  
[/quote] What Friedman did was responsible journalism, it was investigated. Even if it wasn't on TV it would have came out sooner or later.

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="881799" timestamp="1287593929"]
[quote author=DflylikEANeagleO link=topic=74713.msg881773#msg881773 date=1287592895]
[/quote] What Friedman did was responsible journalism, it was investigated. Even if it wasn't on TV it would have came out sooner or later.
[/quote]Its ok for other people to have opinions Kerry..Just because it isnt your opinion doesnt mean thats its wrong

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="881589" timestamp="1287583249"]
[quote author=slsblab link=topic=74713.msg881588#msg881588 date=1287583154]
If you have the grades, good conduct etc, you can in LCM's case pay a yearly fee and go to school there even if you live outside of the district. I believe WOS and Deweyville are open schools.
[/quote]

Yep, that is my understanding, limited as it is, to open enrollment.
[/quote]

I don't believe there is a fee or tuition if you will at either school though. I understand that Deweyville was open but is now back closed.

I kind of see Kerry's point though...the report wasn't on LCM having an ineligible player it was on the investigation itself...To me, though, if you are going to accuse anyone, have the guts to stand by the accusation and don't do it "little girly bubble gum" style with the anonymous notes and letters.  That phase of life usually ends about junior high...of course, we still practice it on here...OOOOWWWW...I "zinged" myself!... ;D