*BRIDGE CITY @ SILSBEE BROADCAST*/BC Wins/Comments

SportsguySportsguySportsguy, get off the fence, you know the fumble problems Silsbee had tonight won't be addessed by anyone on the Silsbee coaching staff.  You and I have given it more attention in these two or three post than it will receive on the Silsbee practice field.  I guess I  could be wrong, one of the coaches may ask the guys to try and do better, NOT...BWAHHHHHH!      

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Rake1" post="876755" timestamp="1287206578"]
First off this is not directed at the entire Silsbee fan base, there are some really good folks over there, but nobody chokes on "crow" worse than Silsbee fans on this board. When you see others (for example the WOS faithful Gas, Td, and others) give credit to the other teams it shows a great respect for not only the sport but for others involved. Some of the comments made after the BC game just are mind boggling! Lots of sour grapes and temper tantrum toddlers out there lashing out. Not a real good look for anyone, that's a shame any way you slice it. I'm sure Silsbee will continue to be a good program and be in the hunt come playoff time, they have a solid team and some really good athletes. It just so happens that they came out on the wrong end of the score tonight and BC played a better game. Give credit where credit is due every now and again even if it means giving it to the opposition. To all my Tiger friends good luck next week, to all those who are angry and pouting good luck to you as well.
[/quote]

I think you can narrow your direction of your post to just one Silsbee fan. ;)

WOW what a game. In all stats it was close. To bad Silsbee lead in the turnover and BC lead in the score. That kinda goes hand in hand. BC got the lucky breaks that you need to get in a game to win. I was thinking that the score would be in the high 30's to low 40's, but in the mid 20's. WOW. Congrats and good luck to BC the rest of the way. Silsbee CUT down on the TURNOVERS!!!!!!!!! Ya'll do that and ya'll could be unstopable. Go Tigers!!!

[quote name="that1guy" post="876743" timestamp="1287206046"]
4 turnovers, right.  If both teams are equally matched, all things being equal, then the game should come down to coaching and preparation.  Silsbee turns the ball over 4 friggin times, that's coaching or a lack of it.  If the team is not prepared properly, that's a coaching issue also, I'm just saying.  Call it what you want, BC got away with one tonight, because Silsbee wasn't ready, and that my is a coaching issue, again I'm just saying.      
[/quote]

You can never live in the past.....other than to make notes on what needs to be done to correct it for the next game.  Thats how you get better.  There is a trend of turnovers and I am sure the Coaches will get it corrected. Drill after drill.  Hint Hint Hint Hint;D....get it 1234.  

As far as being on the fence......I can only control what I can control.  I can make sure my boy is happy.  He isnt tonight.....but he will be tomorrow.  

Good game BC. Tigers cut down on the turnovers and you would've had this one tonight. Was really impressed at how we handled the run tonight, hope this trend holds up. Was Johnson #73 the player recently moved up from JV. He had a great game and dominated the line at times. Can't really say much about the coaching other than the on going problem with turnovers, but a must have 3rd and a long one and you call a trick play? I know it worked once or twice in the subvarsity games but come on. If the hype of BC's greatness is to believed then we're starting to shape into a pretty good ball team (minus the turnovers). Oh well, was a good night of football just wish the Tigers had won.

[quote name="Tiger05" post="876689" timestamp="1287203831"]
[quote author=FootballFan96 link=topic=74461.msg876668#msg876668 date=1287203273]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=74461.msg876627#msg876627 date=1287202627]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=74461.msg876623#msg876623 date=1287202473]
Who cares how you "see it"? BC won .
[/quote]
Congrats on the "WIN" and good luck in the play-offs cause your going to need it  ;)
[/quote]

"win"???

ummm... they WON the game.
end of story.
are you that poor of a sport to where you cant even give credit to a very good BC football team!?
none the less... no matter how bad you want to insult BC in any way, just know, YOUR TEAM GOT BEAT DOWN BY THE BRIDGE CITY CARDINALS TONIGHT!!!
GREAT JOB MEN!!!
[/quote]

Football is dead in 21-3a this year
So I could care less about Bridge City getting the win over the Tigers
All I can say about the win is it’s about time

So in closing I will see yall on the BB court where you will receive your beat down and the Tigers roll on to state

[/quote]wow already in basketball season!? sounds like you underestimated BC! just add a litttle more mayo to that crow burger ;D

Final team stats:

BC                      Silsbee

rushing                33/116 yards              42/157 yards

passing            8-19, 201y, 3-1            15-25, 222y, 2-1

total                      52/317 yards              67/379 yards

FD                            11                            18

Penalties                  2/25                        4/40

TO                            2                              5

I'll have individual stats later tonight

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="876940" timestamp="1287240641"]
Looks like to's were the deciding factor
[/quote]

I totally agree. That and the fact that Silsbee could not get a single yard on three consecutive plays late in the 4th in BC territory, giving ball back over on downs, was the deciding factor in this game.

Silsbee now has on the season 29 fumbles, losing 15. A total of 21 turnovers (6 int's) thru 7 games, an average of 3 per game, just will not cut it.

I can live with the 6 interceptions out of over 150 pass attempts (18 passing TD's, 6 int's, very good ratio), but the 29 fumbles when we are not considered a running team, is far too careless. Silsbee has to get better with holding onto the ball.

Guys this was my first Silsbee game this year. One major thing I noticed that the center on 100% of the snaps delivers the ball around McDaniels ankles. The QB has to reach all the way down, pick the ball up, decide if he wants to run or throw. The ball must be delivered around the belt area or numbers. Silsbee has to be able to cut down on the fumbles. I waych the way that they call carry the ball and its sad. The staff has to teach them to cover it up in traffic. 29 fumbles shows me that this is never being covered in practice. AAW I totally agree with you, ints I can live with but fumbles are not. The Tiger staff has a ton of talent. Drake, Gaines, Lane and can make this team a 4th round contender. The just need to focus on these minor things in practice. I will say the defense played the run very well but the secondary has to iprove.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Rake1" post="876755" timestamp="1287206578"]
First off this is not directed at the entire Silsbee fan base, there are some really good folks over there, [color=red][b]but nobody chokes on "crow" worse than Silsbee fans on this board[/b]. [/color] When you see others (for example the WOS faithful Gas, Td, and others) give credit to the other teams it shows a great respect for not only the sport but for others involved. Some of the comments made after the BC game just are mind boggling! Lots of sour grapes and temper tantrum toddlers out there lashing out. Not a real good look for anyone, that's a shame any way you slice it. I'm sure Silsbee will continue to be a good program and be in the hunt come playoff time, they have a solid team and some really good athletes. It just so happens that they came out on the wrong end of the score tonight and BC played a better game. Give credit where credit is due every now and again even if it means giving it to the opposition. To all my Tiger friends good luck next week, to all those who are angry and pouting good luck to you as well.
[/quote]
Evidently you must not read the PNG threads ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="876979" timestamp="1287244227"]
Guys this was my first Silsbee game this year. [b]One major thing I noticed that the center on 100% of the snaps delivers the ball around McDaniels ankles[/b]. The QB has to reach all the way down, pick the ball up, decide if he wants to run or throw. The ball must be delivered around the belt area or numbers. Silsbee has to be able to cut down on the fumbles. I waych the way that they call carry the ball and its sad. The staff has to teach them to cover it up in traffic. 29 fumbles shows me that this is never being covered in practice. AAW I totally agree with you, ints I can live with but fumbles are not. The Tiger staff has a ton of talent. Drake, Gaines, Lane and can make this team a 4th round contender. The just need to focus on these minor things in practice. I will say the defense played the run very well but the secondary has to iprove.
[/quote]

Maybe not every time, but a higher percentage than it should be. Just like the fumbles, a higher percentage than it should be and this late in the season at that. Silsbee showed that they can be coached, by keeping a great BC running team to half there rushing yards in a game. Also, running the ball more and having success with it. Now its the little things that make such a BIG impact in winning ball games. BC has a good team no doubt, everybody looked for them to kill Silsbee, but that did not happen. It was a good game don't take that away from the kids that played the game. Go Tigers!!!  

I think I would find me some boys who will hold on to the ball. Obviously they fumble and it hasn't changed and at some point you have to wonder if they will find a guy that won't put the ball on the ground. I can't say do this or that because I am not the coach but lets teach some discipline and if the fumble put them on the sideline!

[quote name="BearKats30" post="877480" timestamp="1287272784"]
I think I would find me some boys who will hold on to the ball. Obviously they fumble and it hasn't changed and at some point you have to wonder if they will find a guy that won't put the ball on the ground. I can't say do this or that because I am not the coach but lets teach some discipline and if the fumble put them on the sideline!
[/quote]Aint gonna happen. But I agree some thing needs to be done.[color=crimson][/color]

[quote name="bigcat" post="878050" timestamp="1287292333"]
[quote author=BearKats30 link=topic=74461.msg877480#msg877480 date=1287272784]
[/quote][color=red][b][i]Aint gonna happen[/i][/b][/color]. But I agree some thing needs to be done.[color=crimson][/color]
[/quote]

Agreed.  Fumbles have been a cancer with Silsbee.  Poor discipline.  Very fixable.  Too bad the focus isnt there to fix it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder