Best QB in SETX

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HardinHornets
Last time I checked (10 minutes ago) Vince Young's record in the NFL is 28-14. He took a team last year that was DONE, and went 8-2 to finish the season. He doesn't WIN in the NFL? What NFL games are you watching?

Guest HardinHornets
Which makes my point even more valid. I was saying that he IS NOT like Peyton Manning in that he's not a true Quarterback. Read the post, and stop putting words into my "fingers". Good God man, Peyton-True Quarterback, VY-athletic Winner with God given talent to get the job done. He did hand the ball off to CJ quite alot but he did have a 99yd. game winning drive thru the Air as well. All of you VY haters are going to realize one day that the people that like him are not supporting him because he's a good QB, that's exactly what he is NOT. He's a winner, just like the record shows. He can't hold onto a starting job, and has all the trouble because he wants to be in HOUSTON, not Tennessee. Get your facts straight

Guest HardinHornets
And since you know it all, why don't you go ahead and tell everyone how much of a TEXAN fan you are. You know the "there's always next year team"

If vy was a true winner he would preform his best anywhere. Saying that he is suckin it up this year because he wants to be in houston is crap, and if its true then I just proves that he shouldn't be a qb in the nfl. If u want to know what a true winner is look at Tom brady. He didn't have the contract he wanted in the preseaon and did he sit out or complain about like all the rest of these babies. No he went out there and did his job.vy just needs to focus on trying to make through a whole season without a suicide attempt.

P.S. And yeah I route for the team that is closest to wear I live (the Texans). Who is ur team the chokeboys.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="867257" timestamp="1286393697"]
If vy was a true winner he would preform his best anywhere. Saying that he is suckin it up this year because he wants to be in houston is crap, and if its true then I just proves that he shouldn't be a qb in the nfl. If u want to know what a true winner is look at Tom brady. He didn't have the contract he wanted in the preseaon and did he sit out or complain about like all the rest of these babies. No he went out there and did his job.vy just needs to focus on trying to make through a whole season without a suicide attempt.

P.S. And yeah I route for the team that is closest to wear I live (the Texans). Who is ur team the chokeboys.
[/quote]

How bout them CHOKE the CRAP out of TEXAN BOYS!!

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="867261" timestamp="1286393965"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=73993.msg867257#msg867257 date=1286393697]

[/quote]

How bout them CHOKE the CRAP out of TEXAN BOYS!!
[/quote]

:D lmao. Even a blind Squirrel finds a nut every now and then lol.

[quote name="Gtj007" post="867047" timestamp="1286377916"]
True Blue - Not sure I understand your logic about Hardin playing no defense so he gets the ball back quicker.  If they had a great defense wouldn't he also get the ball back pretty quickly (3 downs and a punt or TO)?
[/quote] I see what you are saying but if they had a strong deff. they would jump out front fast, but most coaches would put the brakes on and not just run up the score. That being said they dont have a strong deff. so they are allways behind so they have to try to just out score the other team by going all out  scoring every time they get the ball. Not trying to take any thing away from the kid, just look back I put him in my top 3 picks.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="867449" timestamp="1286409341"]
[quote author=WBbear link=topic=73993.msg866306#msg866306 date=1286285243]
Bruce Reyes-WB
[/quote]
Homer pick I see
[/quote][quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=73993.msg867450#msg867450 date=1286409393]
[quote author=Bear Country link=topic=73993.msg866360#msg866360 date=1286288901]
Hands down Gonzo From LCM
[/quote]
Really over Hardin's QB  another homer pick
[/quote]
HiJack,

Lots of folks here are picking QB's while your picking Homers.  Perhaps you can tell us your choice of a QB since you believe in hitting the road Jack.  :D

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="SFA65" post="866693" timestamp="1286320308"]
Well, as far as passing I have to give it to Taylor from Hardin, however, After hearing about the way he curses his O-Line and calls them names I wouldn't have him on my team.  Against Buna he screamed and cursed at them all night.  
[/quote]

Typical Hardin antics. They lost control of themselves last year, too, when EC blew them out of their own stadium. Not good.

If we were going by WINS then you would have to go with the Jones kid from Kirbyville.  He has only lost one game and that was the State Title game to a very good Pilot Point team.  He didnt take over at QB til the loss to WOS last year.  As far as Ford goes his stats are off from last year, but the competition has been very good good at keeping at bay for atleast the first hal of the games.  I can almost guarantee you that his stats are about to jump through the roof for the next 4 games.  Please remember I went by wins as the factor on the QB.  I know there are QBs out there better.  I would love to see someone like Menard from BC in the backfield at Kville.  There would be a running threat everytime the ball was touched, Jones doesnt run that much.

If they would have asked this question two years ago you would have gotten Harrison Tatum, Christian Louis, and Jeremy Johnson. No one would have mentioned Douglas Prewitt because he went to Kelly. This year you get Brennan Doty, Bruce Reyes, Myles Taylor and the kid from Huffman. Lamar gave scholarships to Tatum and Louis while Prewitt had to walk on at receiver because they wouldn't even give him a shot at quarterback. Well Louis was so good they moved him to DB, Prewitt gets a shot at quarterback a month ago after not playing for a year and half and now he is the back up. Lamar will probably give Doty and Reyes scholarships and pass on Eddins, but Eddins is the best quarterback in the area. Doty throws a good ball but has that Byron Leftwich/Tim Tewbow baseball delivery. Taylor from Hardin is a heck of a player but he is 5'9, the kid from Huffman has the worst mechanics out of the bunch, but plays in a passing system. Eddins by far has the best mechanics and throws the best ball, but the talent around him isn't like it is at West Brook or Port Neches.

[quote name="bmtborn" post="867566" timestamp="1286415060"]
If they would have asked this question two years ago you would have gotten Harrison Tatum, Christian Louis, and Jeremy Johnson. No one would have mentioned Douglas Prewitt because he went to Kelly. This year you get Brennan Doty, Bruce Reyes, Myles Taylor and the kid from Huffman. Lamar gave scholarships to Tatum and Louis while Prewitt had to walk on at receiver because they wouldn't even give him a shot at quarterback. Well Louis was so good they moved him to DB, Prewitt gets a shot at quarterback a month ago after not playing for a year and half and now he is the back up. Lamar will probably give Doty and Reyes scholarships and pass on Eddins, but Eddins is the best quarterback in the area. Doty throws a good ball but has that Byron Leftwich/Tim Tewbow baseball delivery. Taylor from Hardin is a heck of a player but he is 5'9, the kid from Huffman has the worst mechanics out of the bunch, but plays in a passing system. Eddins by far has the best mechanics and throws the best ball, but the talent around him isn't like it is at West Brook or Port Neches.
[/quote][quote author=bmtborn link=topic=73993.msg867571#msg867571 date=1286415357]
Bottom line, I don't know if yall know this, but coach Rabb and coach Long have developed some quarterbacks in their day and things don't change. James Brown, Chip Ambres, Dustin Long...etc
[/quote]

The thread is "Best QB in SETX.  Jackhammer is nominating homers and you are justifying why the person you think you want to nominate is not going to get recognized.  The purpose of this thread is to tell us who you like.  the rest is irrelevant.  These are all winners.  Just put him our there and be proud of where he is from. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder