Best QB in SETX

[quote name="bmtborn" post="867566" timestamp="1286415060"]
If they would have asked this question two years ago you would have gotten Harrison Tatum, Christian Louis, and Jeremy Johnson. No one would have mentioned Douglas Prewitt because he went to Kelly. This year you get Brennan Doty, Bruce Reyes, Myles Taylor and the kid from Huffman. Lamar gave scholarships to Tatum and Louis while Prewitt had to walk on at receiver because they wouldn't even give him a shot at quarterback. Well Louis was so good they moved him to DB, Prewitt gets a shot at quarterback a month ago after not playing for a year and half and now he is the back up. Lamar will probably give Doty and Reyes scholarships and pass on Eddins, but Eddins is the best quarterback in the area. Doty throws a good ball but has that Byron Leftwich/Tim Tewbow baseball delivery. Taylor from Hardin is a heck of a player but he is 5'9, the kid from Huffman has the worst mechanics out of the bunch, but plays in a passing system. Eddins by far has the best mechanics and throws the best ball, but the talent around him isn't like it is at West Brook or Port Neches.
[/quote]Doty is getting looks from a lot bigger programs than Lamar

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="867716" timestamp="1286458347"]
Well since merka(crosby) is rated the 34th best qb by scout.com I'm gonna have to say he is the best qb in this area.
[/quote]i will agree... Merka is the real deal... he is the only one QB with a verbal to a major D1 before the season started in this area so im sure he is the best...... the first part of the season, both last year and this year, he did not have great games..... mainly due to o-line problems and rec who cant catch or run the wrong route.. hard to throw from your back.. but as you can see, just like last year, the coaches make their adjustments, coach up the kids, and are getting better....
Go Coogs!!

[quote name="hitman009" post="867727" timestamp="1286458899"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=73993.msg867716#msg867716 date=1286458347]
Well since merka(crosby) is rated the 34th best qb by scout.com I'm gonna have to say he is the best qb in this area.
[/quote]i will agree... Merka is the real deal... he is the only one QB with a verbal to a major D1 before the season started in this area so im sure he is the best...... the first part of the season, both last year and this year, he did not have great games..... mainly due to o-line problems and rec who cant catch or run the wrong route.. hard to throw from your back.. but as you can see, just like last year, the coaches make their adjustments, coach up the kids, and are getting better....
Go Coogs!!
[/quote]

hitman.... I forget... He is going to get a shot to play QB at TCU right?

[quote name="dayton" post="867729" timestamp="1286459081"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=73993.msg867727#msg867727 date=1286458899]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=73993.msg867716#msg867716 date=1286458347]
Go Coogs!!
[/quote]

[/quote]from what i heard yes... if things do not work out they may move him to TE

[quote name="hitman009" post="867732" timestamp="1286459289"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=73993.msg867729#msg867729 date=1286459081]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=73993.msg867727#msg867727 date=1286458899]
Go Coogs!!
[/quote]

[/quote]from what i heard yes... if things do not work out they may move him to TE
[/quote]

thanks

[quote name="badndn" post="867820" timestamp="1286465314"]
[/quote]
Rated by a service that has never seen him play!!!
[/quote]
39% Completion percentage....Someone said he was being looked at as a TE?

[quote name="SgtRey" post="867858" timestamp="1286467685"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=73993.msg867820#msg867820 date=1286465314]
[/quote]
Rated by a service that has never seen him play!!!
[/quote]
39% Completion percentage....Someone said he was being looked at as a TE?
[/quote]Like I stated before... hard to complete a pass when your on your back or the rec runs the wrong route.. or just flat out drops the ball.... Hard to have a high completion percentage that way....
 If you were a all star running back and the play was zone right but you blockers zone left and 1/2 of them dont block... is your yards per carry going to be high???
He is going to TCU!!!! and its not like they are the only one after him.. i believe Utah and Baylor also offered.. apparently he is very good....

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="867239" timestamp="1286392469"]
Vy went on that streak last year cause all he had to do is hand the ball off to chris johnson. U can serious think that vy compares in any way to peyton manning. [u][b]Vy is probably the most overated qb in the nfl[/b][/u] he can't even hold on to the starting job.
[/quote]

nope... Romo is.

I know myles personally he is nothing like yall are saying.. his attitude is just like every other quarterback that is getting hit in the back field.. of course he is gonna get mad.. but he doesn't sit there and cuss his line like you all think.. he is not a bad quarterback at all.. his height is what hurts him.. and I hope most of all aren't parents that are getting on here just to down him.. sorry his stats are high so ppl are gonna say they think he is the best because they see his numbers are high.. I'm not saying he is the best cuz I haven't seen all the quarterbacks around here but he dang sure is not a bad one..

[quote name="HORNETS_FAN" post="868522" timestamp="1286525214"]
I know myles personally he is nothing like yall are saying.. his attitude is just like every other quarterback that is getting hit in the back field.. of course he is gonna get mad.. but he doesn't sit there and cuss his line like you all think.. he is not a bad quarterback at all.. his height is what hurts him.. and I hope most of all aren't parents that are getting on here just to down him.. sorry his stats are high so ppl are gonna say they think he is the best because they see his numbers are high.. I'm not saying he is the best cuz I haven't seen all the quarterbacks around here but he dang sure is not a bad one..
[/quote]
I remember he had some impressive numbers last year...our play calls were almost 50/50...183 pass att.  184 run att..this year Reyes has yet to play a complete game...he's been out shortly after half time....but if he can lead his team to a State Championship, I'm sure all the stats in the world won't matter and there won't be too many questions left to answer on this topic....

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="868818" timestamp="1286560293"]
I agree IF reyes can lead wb past katy and cinco ranch and wins state then he would be hands down the best qb in the area. However that is a huge IF
[/quote]No this is a huge if:  [size=18pt][b]IF[/b][/size].... ;D

[quote name="Slam14" post="866818" timestamp="1286330543"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=73993.msg866812#msg866812 date=1286329954]
The debate is who is the best QB . Not What QB playes on the best Team. I dont think but one of the kids named plays the first down on Def. So it can not be their fought that their team cant stop the other team.
[/quote]

I understand your thought process, but what "Fracc" is so delicately tip-toeing around is that it's hard to label a 0-5 or 1-4 quarterback the best in the area....and I agree with him.

If you torture stats enough you can make them say anything you want them to say.  I'll take the QB that puts up W's over more "attempted" passes any day. 

[/quote]With that said I'll say Kael Jones when its all said and done ;D

On a serious note we all have different definition of what (best QB) means. My definition is not only a QB that has remarkable stats comp.%, most passing yardage, rushing yardage ect... He should have good stats sure but also be a leader, a motivator, a team player and most important a winner. JMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83