**Vidor @ Lumberton Broadcast/21-6 Lumberton Wins/Comments**

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Raiders. Hard fought game and good win.
Once the second half started, you could tell the Lumberton coaching staff had made adjustments. They found a weak link on the right side and just pounded the crap out of it the rest of the night. Everytime they ran to the right in the second half they picked up huge chunks of yardage. And two touchdowns.
As usual, we waited until it was too late to start throwing the ball. Dozier is a good QB. Why don't they let him throw? Oh, I'm sure someone will make the arguement about him getting intercepted. Well, what do you expect? We never let him throw until we are playing helter skelter at the end of a game. The opposing defense will get more interceptions when they KNOW HE IS GOING TO PASS! DUH!
Running the Slot-T does not mean you can't throw the ball. We could be throwing throughout the game and keeping the opposing defense guessing. But we don't...
Congrats again to the Raiders. We were outplayed, and out coached, last night.

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="863961" timestamp="1286038894"]
Congrats to the Raiders. Hard fought game and good win.
Once the second half started, you could tell the Lumberton coaching staff had made adjustments. They found a weak link on the right side and just pounded the crap out of it the rest of the night. Everytime they ran to the right in the second half they picked up huge chunks of yardage. And two touchdowns.
As usual, we waited until it was too late to start throwing the ball. Dozier is a good QB. Why don't they let him throw? Oh, I'm sure someone will make the arguement about him getting intercepted. Well, what do you expect? We never let him throw until we are playing helter skelter at the end of a game. The opposing defense will get more interceptions when they KNOW HE IS GOING TO PASS! DUH!
Running the Slot-T does not mean you can't throw the ball. We could be throwing throughout the game and keeping the opposing defense guessing. But we don't...
Congrats again to the Raiders. We were outplayed, and out coached, last night.
[/quote]

For those of you that dont know Rusted,  He is Vidors Monday morning QB/Coach.  I think he is related to Smitty from the Nederland Threads.  Everyone has one in their community.  They are like a rash that no matter what creme you wipe on them , they dont go away.  Good game Lumberton and I saw you guys got Mouton back for the game and I hope you can get more of your injured players back.  Good luck the rest of the way.

Rusted knows exactly what he is talking about, though is facts are a little shaky. Rusted, we rolled out to pass several times. The times we did the qb went the right way then there was no blocking or the blocking was there and the qb rolled out the wrong way. The only way I know that is because I am a 3 yr letterman of those play and know the blocking scheme/backfield motion scheme. Like I said though, the team that comes ready to play would take home the W. Not to say Vidor is a bad team by any means but we did not show up to play and looked like we at a funeral on the sidelines. It was completely dead. For all the Pirate players that read this you need to take something from it, you can't play good without enthusiasm. The only game I seen any enthusiasm at was the Nederland game and looked what happened. The rest of the games yall have completely silent on the sidelines, don't be afraid to make some noise.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="pirates78" post="865769" timestamp="1286225649"]
Rusted knows exactly what he is talking about, though is facts are a little shaky. Rusted, we rolled out to pass several times. The times we did the qb went the right way then there was no blocking or the blocking was there and the qb rolled out the wrong way. The only way I know that is because I am a 3 yr letterman of those play and know the blocking scheme/backfield motion scheme. Like I said though, the team that comes ready to play would take home the W. Not to say Vidor is a bad team by any means but we did not show up to play and looked like we at a funeral on the sidelines. It was completely dead. For all the Pirate players that read this you need to take something from it, you can't play good without enthusiasm. The only game I seen any enthusiasm at was the Nederland game and looked what happened. The rest of the games yall have completely silent on the sidelines, don't be afraid to make some noise.
[/quote]

Good post and in his favor didn't Vidor start out with a pass play to begin the game. I can see how coach matthews is trying to get some passing into the Vidor offense but we just need to work on Dozier. He is a great kid and dang good ball player but he's just not used to passing a lot. You gotta think he has run that same offense for about three years. Anyways good game lumberton yall found our weakness and pretty much rubbed our faces in it. Yall played the better game Vidor, idk what happened friday. I hope yall get your stuff together and get ready for friday. GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="865783" timestamp="1286226472"]
[quote author=pirates78 link=topic=73779.msg865769#msg865769 date=1286225649]
[/quote]

Good post and in his favor didn't Vidor start out with a pass play to begin the game. I can see how coach matthews is trying to get some passing into the Vidor offense but we just need to work on Dozier. He is a great kid and dang good ball player but he's just not used to passing a lot. You gotta think he has run that same offense for about three years. Anyways good game lumberton yall found our weakness and pretty much rubbed our faces in it. Yall played the better game Vidor, idk what happened friday. I hope yall get your stuff together and get ready for friday. GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Before you guys go tooting Rusted horn you might want to go back and read some of his posts from last year.  Especially the ones from the PNG game on.

[quote name="pirates78" post="865769" timestamp="1286225649"]
[/quote]

Well said...You guys could be a team  for a playoff spot, but you have to stay focused.  I still saw potential Friday night, so don't let that one game get you down.  You can do this if you allow it...I myself would love to see y'all be the team in the top four and prove to everyone that no matter how inexperienced you are, you can pull this off. 

We as fans could also learn from this young man.  We sat there like we were at a funeral too.  LET"S MAKE SOME NOISE!!!

GO PIRATES!

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="866267" timestamp="1286278623"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=73779.msg865783#msg865783 date=1286226472]
[quote author=pirates78 link=topic=73779.msg865769#msg865769 date=1286225649]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Before you guys go tooting Rusted horn you might want to go back and read some of his posts from last year.  Especially the ones from the PNG game on.
[/quote]Dang Rusted, looks like you left an impression on someone.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder