Barbers Hill Coaches

SETEXFan

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="856726" timestamp="1285429779"]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=73442.msg856698#msg856698 date=1285427899]
The whole team along with the coaches, stayed inside their little tunnel until after the national anthem was played, NO CLASS!!!
[/quote]
Now don't go spreading rumors. This is not true. They were still in the locker room while the anthem was being played. But same difference I guess.
[/quote]

Your correct, they weren't in the tunnel, I saw them right outside of their lockerroom until after the National Anthem. I didnt like it!!  Congrats Dayton, yall came out and put it on us!!!! I thought we might have a chance right at first.... 
Good luck with the rest of your season.

: There's no excuse period unless your stuck in traffic or have an emergency for waltzing out on the field late- totally uncalled for especially in the light of R. Garrett and not to mention the National Anthem.  The on-side kick is fine (dangerous gamble) it showed a no fear of Dayton's defense or a sense of panic, but its a legal play and it worked. First part of the game I seen at least 3 face masks and a couple of horsecollars committed by BH with no call( not to mention when our QB took a knee and a Bh player steam rolled him) it almost looked like the game plan was to do what you got to do to punish the Bronco's and if you get caught do it one more time. Lets get the fans,coaches and players rattled right off the batt and then when their head isn't in the game pull some trick plays and when they get on offense hammer em with what ever you got and by  the time the smoke clears we will have dominated . Unfortunately sometimes the best plans go a rye .

Wow I am appalled!  You have no idea how embarrassed I am.  Barbers Hill used to have coaches that were a little more respectful than this.  I know that last week after the HF football game Coach Price spent some time with his players.  And that is why Coach Price is such a great coach.  He is always teaching life lessons like this one.  

I really don’t know what to say, I am so frustrated.  I also hear that a lot of the coaches are really buddy buddy with the players.  Oh and cuss them out also!  I never once heard a coach cuss anyone out when I was at The Hill.  What direction is The Hill going now?

2009 SLC Champions take on Lamar University at 6:00 in Nacogdoches
AXE EM JACKS

[quote name="xomerlin" post="856572" timestamp="1285416065"]
Well, Price's team would have been beaten 100 to nothing, and YES I don't know why coaches can't run a basic program in HS, this razzle dazzle stuff has to go.
[/quote]

Why do we have to bring Coach Price's name into this forum....? We didn't want him here so we ran him off so PLEASE leave him out of the topic. We wanted to move on so we did...

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="EagleEyes" post="856781" timestamp="1285433687"]
[quote author=xomerlin link=topic=73442.msg856572#msg856572 date=1285416065]
Well, Price's team would have been beaten 100 to nothing, and YES I don't know why coaches can't run a basic program in HS, this razzle dazzle stuff has to go.
[/quote]

Why do we have to bring Coach Price's name into this forum....? We didn't want him here so we ran him off so PLEASE leave him out of the topic. We wanted to move on so we did...
[/quote

Maybe bc ur getting beat and was the winningest coach ever? The legion has just begun kid.

Well the smack is pretty much done so moving on BH will get better the more they play and build some confidence but I just don't forsee them as the dist.champ anytime soon w/the new.Games like last night and past yrs.success has given Dayton underclassmen plenty of play time.W/Coach Stewart it's about playing defense 1st the exact reason on winning the toss and deferring.What ya saw on offense catching and running are all coming back next yr.w/excp.#5 X.Baldwin.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="856922" timestamp="1285445604"]
Kind of curious about how some of the folks @ the hill feel about the coaching antics that took place last night.  Chime in.
[/quote]  I think they all looking for trailer space in Dayton to move to.Saw some at Peoples Building Materials earlier. Could have been looking for water hookups for the trailer. Or could be having a town meeting on the un winnable argument that took, how many minutes, on the field last night.Except the couple that was at Peoples.  :-*

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="856922" timestamp="1285445604"]
Kind of curious about how some of the folks @ the hill feel about the coaching antics that took place last night.  Chime in.
[/quote]
The beef with the refs speaks for itself, can't defend it. Took up way too much time and it didn't matter in the end.

The start of the game missing the National Anthem and the Tribute to Reggie was not intentional. I don't know what took so long for them to come out of the locker room but I think as the team started out, the moment of silence had started and by then it was too late to make the Anthem without being disruptive.

Poor timing or whatever I'm not defending what happened but I do not believe it was intentional. But it was not pretty and caused a lot of bad feelings obviously.

Didn't get to see the game, was flying back into town. Doesn't sound like I missed much from a BH perspective...That's got to be the worst defeat that I can remember for The Hill.. Hats off to Dayton, obviouslty much better team than I thought they had, looks like they will reclaim the District title again..The National Anthem thing, is totally inexcusable in my book.. You should have your guys  lined up on the field waiting for that moment..  Disappointed is an understatement..No way that should ever happen..and missing the Reggie Garrett tribute...I hate that happened..Hopefully their will be a statement coming out of BH for that miscue..Can't blame the kids for that..

[quote name="FOOTBALLFEVER99" post="857363" timestamp="1285457871"]
Didn't get to see the game, was flying back into town. Doesn't sound like I missed much from a BH perspective...That's got to be the worst defeat that I can remember for The Hill.. Hats off to Dayton, obviouslty much better team than I thought they had, looks like they will reclaim the District title again..The National Anthem thing, is totally inexcusable in my book.. You should have your guys   lined up on the field waiting for that moment..   Disappointed is an understatement..No way that should ever happen..and missing the Reggie Garrett tribute...I hate that happened..Hopefully their will be a statement coming out of BH for that miscue..Can't blame the kids for that..
[/quote] Good post 99!

[quote name="liltex" post="856623" timestamp="1285423326"]
I dislike coach bashing and it's against the forum rules.A real man regardless who you are would apologize for sportsmanship unbecoming of a coach/person.What happened prior to game time constitutes an apology just by holding the kids back from pre-game ceremonies.If it don't happen then I hope he never has a child to pass or a relative to die or be severly wounded or crippled for life defending OUR FLAG.
[/quote]
first of all the team was by the track while all of the ceremony was going on and they were standing in silence with thier helmets off showing respect to our flag and reggie garret, i guess they got out of the locker room late. they didnt do it on purpose. secondly coach gage does know what it is like to lose a child. he lost his daughter before he came here. lastly he did apologize to the kids for what happened in the game, but i think its the kids job to step up and play football. im tired of people bashing coach gage and the team. the kids love him and they will be busting thier buts on monday trying to get better. get your facts straight before you post something.

Ya want facts,you asked for it:I'm a disabled combat vet who gets pissed just for someone not removing their cover w/the flag is raised & it brings heavy weight on my heart remembering my buds that gave it all.Since you're so smart tell me where the bashing is?Nope,notta,zilch I would not dare.Fact is they were late for everything incl.your own school song.Sorry if coach Gage had a daughter killed in the line of duty but I doubt it or he'd had his arse where it was suppossed to be.

I'm sure that the pep talk just ran a little long and the BH coaches just lost track of time. Let's not make too big a deal out of this. I've seen this happen before with other teams and it's just one of those things. Barbers Hill is a class act and for anyone to suggest otherwise is just wrong. Let this one go now people.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="858062" timestamp="1285502690"]
I'm sure that the pep talk just ran a little long and the BH coaches just lost track of time. Let's not make too big a deal out of this. I've seen this happen before with other teams and it's just one of those things. Barbers Hill is a class act and for anyone to suggest otherwise is just wrong. Let this one go now people.
[/quote]heard that hawkeye, just a boo boo that will be corrected soon. they are a class act. everyone makes mistakes.

[quote name="liltex" post="858051" timestamp="1285496905"]
Ya want facts,you asked for it:I'm a disabled combat vet who gets pissed just for someone not removing their cover w/the flag is raised & it brings heavy weight on my heart remembering my buds that gave it all.Since you're so smart tell me where the bashing is?Nope,notta,zilch I would not dare.Fact is they were late for everything incl.your own school song.Sorry if coach Gage had a daughter killed in the line of duty but I doubt it or he'd had his arse where it was suppossed to be.
[/quote]

His daughter passed away from cancer, which i can not imagine.  That really has no bearing on anything, but missing the opening ceremonies is quite embarrasing.  Hope that never happens again.

Guest jhamilton
BH Corner 27: First your coach needs to teach you some respect before you run your mouth. As far as your Coach welcome to BH bc loosing does not go over very well....................... Last dont play the one up card  bc you or nor your coaches were where you shoul have been. NO EXCUSE plus Dayton 56 BH 0 says it all.

Sorry Liltex for the smart ace attitude of the kid. HIS BAD

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder