Barbers Hill Coaches

SETEXFan

See those schemes are designed for less talented squads. its you need 4 athletes and you can run that offense, only one needs to be real smart.

=P

P.s. Daytons defense is gimmicky. =P coming from a cougar whos team plays a very similar defense. (i think yall play man to man and we play zone prolly only difference)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bh89-2" post="856503" timestamp="1285394149"]
I didn't see him bump the official.  Was running the young-one on a potty break.  Did see the other official toss a flag because Gage was standing just over the blue strip (not even in the field of play).  [b]The refs in this game sucked worse than any game I have ever watched, and they sucked against both sides.  I thought it would be 2AM before the game would finish.[/b]
Well, my original prediction was BH would not score and get no more than 5 first downs.  Was not far off.  Again, no chance in haties this offense works without some VERY SPEACIAL running backs.  We don't have anything even close to a good running back, much less 3.  We do have a few very good receivers, but when a QB never throws and a receiver never catches, how they gonne get any better?  Pathetic excuse for a game plan with 2 weeks to prepare.   
[/quote]

I beg to differ. There were a lot of penalties in this game for sure. (Both ways) But I did not see one call that was wrong. I saw a few that went uncalled, but thats every game. Dayton had a couple of TD's called back......both good calls. If your saying the refs were bad because they called too many of the penalties that were commited, well I guess that's your opinion. But if you're saying they were bad because they made bad calls, then you're wrong.

[b]Well, Price's team would have been beaten 100 to nothing[/b]

Best example of what an uninformed opinion is worth.

One thing no one has mentioned was the tardiness of the team coming out to play the game. Maybe they forsaw what was ahead for them. But I do know that we couldn't even wait on them to do our memorial to Reggie Garrett. Finally, after the Broncos had lined up for the national anthem, I sent word down to the Bronco sidelines whether to wait for BH (it was 6:58) or start the memorial. Coach Stewart said "Go with it." We did and BH didn't get to come out of their little tunnel until after the national anthem had been played.
Don't know why a coach thinks that intimidates anybody - it just pisses them off. 54-0, 'nuff said.

I really felt bad for the BH players and even the fans. I wasn't impressed with the New Coach. I found this forum about Coach Gage. IMO I don't think he fits in BH.

http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/showthread.php?t=61028

This applies to everyone who has ever tried to say their coach does not know what they are doing.

I have listened to the armchair coaches long enough and have come to a conclusion.

IF you could do it, then YOU should try.

Since you are at home, hiding behind a computer, making these remarks about someone you don't even know then then you obviuosly know you could not do a thing to change it.

The only solution to the problem is for YOU to go back to whatever college YOU went to, re-enroll,  get an education degree and then go out on the field and try it yourself.  Believe me when I say "you will fail".

I am a former player and the father of a current player.  I have never said that I could coach and have never said that I could do it better.  I could not do what those men do every Friday night.  They have my total respect for their determination and will power.

My point is, If you can do it, then do it and if you can't (or you are to scared to try) then shut up and let the coaches do their job.  They do know what they are doing and believe me, they could care less about your opinion.

[quote name="oldrock" post="856597" timestamp="1285420528"]
This applies to everyone who has ever tried to say their coach does not know what they are doing.

I have listened to the armchair coaches long enough and have come to a conclusion.

Since you are at home, hiding behind a computer, making these remarks about someone you don't even know then then you obviuosly know you could not do a thing to change it.

The only solution to the problem is for YOU to go back to whatever college YOU went to, re-enroll,  get an education degree and then go out on the field and try it yourself.  Believe me when I say "you will fail".

I am a former player and the father of a current player.  I have never said that I could coach and have never said that I could do it better.  I could not do what those men do every Friday night.  They have my total respect for their determination and will power.

My point is, If you can do it, then do it and if you can't (or you are to scared to try) then shut up and let the coaches do their job.  They do know what they are doing and believe me, they could care less about your opinion.
[/quote] Thats all fine and well what you just said BUT.. When you have a coach that wants to stand there and argue a argument that obviously he (Gage) isn't gonna win but continues anyway for how many minutes, is a little embarrassing to them boys IMO. And not showing good leadership either IMO. and also MY OPINION some shady plays this coach is trying to teach these boys. Oh and as for hiding behind a computer my name is Amanda and if you want to know my last name then pm me. I don't hide behind anything. And I am sure most others on this forum don't either.

[quote name="octfeb" post="856602" timestamp="1285421111"]
[quote author=oldrock link=topic=73442.msg856597#msg856597 date=1285420528]

[/quote] Thats all fine and well what you just said BUT.. When you have a coach that wants to stand there and argue a argument that obviously he (Gage) isn't gonna win but continues anyway for how many minutes, is a little embarrassing to them boys IMO. And not showing good leadership either IMO. and also MY OPINION some shady plays this coach is trying to teach these boys. Oh and as for hiding behind a computer my name is Amanda and if you want to know my last name then pm me. I don't hide behind anything. And I am sure most others on this forum don't either.
[/quote]

Hahaha.
Amanda, you know the thing that is going to get the most response from this post right?
I know you know so I'm not going to say it, cause I'm right there with ya!

You go girl!!! :)

I dislike coach bashing and it's against the forum rules.A real man regardless who you are would apologize for sportsmanship unbecoming of a coach/person.What happened prior to game time constitutes an apology just by holding the kids back from pre-game ceremonies.If it don't happen then I hope he never has a child to pass or a relative to die or be severly wounded or crippled for life defending OUR FLAG.

[quote name="Mike George" post="856587" timestamp="1285419442"]
[b]Well, Price's team would have been beaten 100 to nothing[/b]

Best example of what an uninformed opinion is worth.

One thing no one has mentioned was the tardiness of the team coming out to play the game. Maybe they forsaw what was ahead for them. But I do know that we couldn't even wait on them to do our memorial to Reggie Garrett. Finally, after the Broncos had lined up for the national anthem, I sent word down to the Bronco sidelines whether to wait for BH (it was 6:58) or start the memorial. Coach Stewart said "Go with it." We did and BH didn't get to come out of their little tunnel until after the national anthem had been played.
Don't know why a coach thinks that intimidates anybody - it just pisses them off. 54-0, 'nuff said.
[/quote]
uninformed opinion.....I doubt it........way more informed than you know.

[quote name="friogal" post="856609" timestamp="1285422150"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=73442.msg856602#msg856602 date=1285421111]

[/quote]

Hahaha.
Amanda, you know the thing that is going to get the most response from this post right?
I know you know so I'm not going to say it, cause I'm right there with ya!

You go girl!!! :)
[/quote]  ;D

[quote name="octfeb" post="856602" timestamp="1285421111"]

[/quote]

So, Amanda...How you doin'? Instead of last names, how bout you just give tyrone them digits.

Old Rock, not sure if your comment is directed toward the second guessers on BH's side or those who didn't like what they saw out of Gage.  IMHO, I expected to see a much classier performance from the BH coaching staff.  I understand some of the trick plays.  I understand that the players will have some trouble executing a new system against a first class defense.  What I don't understand is piss poor gamesmanship like coming out late, holding up the game by arguing multiple calls, being so demonstrative that the focus shifts from the players to himself....the list goes on and on.  I really thought that I would see a first class coaching staff doing things the right way, I just don't think that is what I saw last night.

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="856686" timestamp="1285427375"]
so they seriously held the players back before the moment of silence and national anthem after a HS football player has died on the field??? by far the worst show of sportsmanship I have ever seen. You have no idea how much this disgusts me.
[/quote]

I really don't know if any of this was intentional. I find that hard to believe. BH players did have Reggie's #12 on their helmets to honor a fallen comrade. I think a lot of this is speculation and everyone needs to chill until some facts come out. Everywhere I went this week, that's all anyone talked about was Reggie.

Okay, so maybe the coaches Rolex was not working, lets break it down, dayton runs throught tunnel, crowd makes a lot of noise band plays, B.H. lines up to run through tunnel and stay inside tunnel for 4 - 5 minutes, seems like the internal clock would be telling them, hey they waiting on us..... just saying

[quote name="Matt" post="856705" timestamp="1285428420"]
I was there, I thought maybe they were having a brokeback mountain moment in there
[/quote]ROFL  OK THATS JUST WRONG BUT FUNNY

[quote name="Matt" post="856698" timestamp="1285427899"]
The whole team along with the coaches, stayed inside their little tunnel until after the national anthem was played, NO CLASS!!!
[/quote]
Now don't go spreading rumors. This is not true. They were still in the locker room while the anthem was being played. But same difference I guess.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder