Barbers Hill Coaches

SETEXFan

[quote name="liltex" post="858204" timestamp="1285520692"]
It's cool I was gonna tell him he had some good points then talk him into going in the USMC ;D :o
[/quote]
im sorry if  i came off as being disrespectful or smart-arsed. that wasnt what i was going for. i just didnt agree withe some of the comments made about our team/coaches and ill probably get in trouble for posting all of this crap. didnt mean to offend any one.

p.s. i plan on doing ROTC

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bhcorner27" post="858310" timestamp="1285524318"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=73442.msg858204#msg858204 date=1285520692]
It's cool I was gonna tell him he had some good points then talk him into going in the USMC ;D :o
[/quote]
im sorry if  i came off as being disrespectful or smart-arsed. that wasnt what i was going for. i just didnt agree withe some of the comments made about our team/coaches and ill probably get in trouble for posting all of this crap. didnt mean to offend any one.

p.s. i plan on doing ROTC
[/quote]

I think BHcorner had some good points.  If the pep talk went long, I get it, it was a big game for them and sometimes you get carried away.  While it is not cool to miss the anthem, I will chalk that up as an honest mistake and give the benefit of the doubt.  It would have been more disrespectful to run out on the field during the anthem. Also, I do not think bhcorner off like a smart arse. 

My point in all of this, (i'm done with this topic after this post) is that Gage should have behaved in a more professional manner than he did.  IF he apologized to his kids for his actions than that is a step in the right direction.  If he didn't explain to his kids why his behavior on the sideline was unacceptable then he is just creating a culture within his program that makes it acceptable to whine when things don't go your way.

Best of luck to BH from here on out.  I really don't think this team is that far away from becoming a play off team.  I also respect the fact that the BH kids did not quit.  I didn't see any player whose body language said I give up.  That's a good thing.  So go out out there, string a few wins together and beat crosby while you're at it!

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="liltex" post="858738" timestamp="1285551618"]
I hope BH wins all the rest of their games except when the ponies play.Got some friends there and love Eagle Point even if I've never seen a eagle there but a few birdies and a cpl old buzzards ;D
[/quote]

I would like to thank you and others here that have served bc without you guys we have no freedom. Thank YOU.

[quote name="beechnut" post="858753" timestamp="1285552715"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=73442.msg858738#msg858738 date=1285551618]
I hope BH wins all the rest of their games except when the ponies play.Got some friends there and love Eagle Point even if I've never seen a eagle there but a few birdies and a cpl old buzzards ;D
[/quote]

I would like to thank you and others here that have served bc without you guys we have no freedom. Thank YOU.
[/quote]

Amen!!!!

Poor Liltex made it home safely from the Civil War and I injury him fishing........ ;D ;D 

Wow!  Barbers Hill lost 54-0 and according to some showed no respect for the fallen WOS QB.  I think Coach Gage has two things working against him.  Barbers Hill stayed with the previous coach too long. The manner in which the boys were alienated by being placed on either offense or defense in jr high and never allowed to compete for the position they wanted to play.  Thus a mass exodus of talent from the program until his last season and barely more than 30 thirty players on Varsity for 4A football program.  2A programs have more players than that on Varsity. Secondly, BH is not equipped to run the flexbone.  Although I dont believe the offense gave up 54 points.  You have to recognize what abilities your players have and design an offense around them, not put the players into an offense that clearly doesnt compliment them.  A pro style passing with off tackle runs would best suit them.  Unfortunately for some, we will have to wait a couple of years until the jr high comes up into High School to see the number of kids and talent level that we have become accustom to see if Gage can be successful.

[quote name="pops47" post="858963" timestamp="1285598003"]
Wow!  Barbers Hill lost 54-0 and according to some showed no respect for the fallen WOS QB.  I think Coach Gage has two things working against him.  Barbers Hill stayed with the previous coach too long. The manner in which the boys were alienated by being placed on either offense or defense in jr high and never allowed to compete for the position they wanted to play.  Thus a mass exodus of talent from the program until his last season and barely more than 30 thirty players on Varsity for 4A football program.  2A programs have more players than that on Varsity. Secondly, BH is not equipped to run the flexbone.  Although I dont believe the offense gave up 54 points.  You have to recognize what abilities your players have and design an offense around them, not put the players into an offense that clearly doesnt compliment them.  A pro style passing with off tackle runs would best suit them.  Unfortunately for some, we will have to wait a couple of years until the jr high comes up into High School to see the number of kids and talent level that we have become accustom to see if Gage can be successful.
[/quote]

I know it wasn't going to take long before certain people would start playing the blame game and pointing fingers to the previous staff. Move on!!!! Don't know what you’re talking about leaving kids on offense or defense and not letting them compete for a job. Most all kids had to play both ways on the sub-varsities’ because we had many teams: A/B Teams; even a C team (some years) for each the 7th and 8th grade. Then you have 2 fresh teams, a soph and JV team - so I believe your complaint about kids not having a chance to play what they wanted or play either offense or defense is invalid and holds no truth. They had no choice….We also preached and based our sub-varsity programs on participation along with winning. Most kids that aren’t playing is due to the fact that they didn’t want to put in the hard work it takes to be a “Barbers Hill Football Player.” It’s so much easier going home after school and getting on the computer, playing play-station or X-box.

Moving on I defended last year’s staff when people were complaining about the offense, I’ll defend this year’s staff as well. Any offense will work when it is executed: meaning PLAYERS have to block, catch, run with the ball without fumbling, run the correct routes, tackle and so forth. I’m sure these coaches are coaching our kids to do that so it’s up to them to execute.

Also about missing the national anthem and the pre-game prayer and dedication, enough – in no way do I believe that was purposely done.

Support the kids, coaches, program and quit complaining. Negativity breeds negativity – our kids get on here and read these post, it’s so bad for the morale of the team.

[quote name="football" post="858971" timestamp="1285598809"]
Pops, How many state championships do you have?  Gage is a smart enough coach to build a program and win if the talent is there.  All of the people on here complaining need to run for school board or apply for the job when Gage leaves. 
[/quote]Anyone know when the school board elections are and who is up to be replaced??

[quote name="pepperspray" post="859115" timestamp="1285609761"]
[quote author=football link=topic=73442.msg858971#msg858971 date=1285598809]
Pops, How many state championships do you have?  Gage is a smart enough coach to build a program and win if the talent is there.  All of the people on here complaining need to run for school board or apply for the job when Gage leaves. 
[/quote]Anyone know when the school board elections are and who is up to be replaced??
[/quote]

[url=http://www.tasb.org/policy/pol/private/036902/]http://www.tasb.org/policy/pol/private/036902/[/url]  Here ya go.......invite some friends too!  ;D ;D ;D 

I have to agree with EAGLEeye..Let's give the new staff some time to settle in and get things situated with their skilled positions.  The man Gage comes highly qualified to re-establish the program to it's glory day's. We gotta keep them young uns on a positive road and away from all the negativity of this thread dad gum it.

[quote name="liltex" post="859779" timestamp="1285678116"]
Was my 5 times great grandfather actually who died in the confederate battle @Franklin,Tenn Nov 1863 @45 yrs old ;)
[/quote]

Woops, I get that mixed up from time to time.    ;D ;D ;D Forcasting 5-7 foot seas this weekend, got to be a trooper (and a good swimmer) if we are going to load the boat/submarine this weekend. 

[quote name="Matt" post="856698" timestamp="1285427899"]
The whole team along with the coaches, stayed inside their little tunnel until after the national anthem was played, NO CLASS!!!
[/quote]
Staying inside and missing the moment of silence for Reggie was not intentional I assure you.  Coach Gage and the rest of Barbers Hill have much more respect for others than that.  As for stayiing in the Tunnel until after the National Anthem was complete actually shows "VERY MUCH CLASS".  It had already started and out of respect for flag and country I am sure the team did not want to come running out onto the field while it was being played.  Should they have done otherwise?  That would be very disrespectful IMHO.

[quote name="steele curtain" post="859846" timestamp="1285683689"]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=73442.msg856698#msg856698 date=1285427899]
The whole team along with the coaches, stayed inside their little tunnel until after the national anthem was played, NO CLASS!!!
[/quote]
Staying inside and missing the moment of silence for Reggie was not intentional I assure you.  Coach Gage and the rest of Barbers Hill have much more respect for others than that.  As for stayiing in the Tunnel until after the National Anthem was complete actually shows "VERY MUCH CLASS".  It had already started and out of respect for flag and country I am sure the team did not want to come running out onto the field while it was being played.  Should they have done otherwise?  That would be very disrespectful IMHO.
[/quote] Well whether the boys should have run out or stayed back, your not gonna get everyone on the same page.  As for the BH football team having class, they absolutely do. They have ALWAYS been respectful on the field. Gage IMO made a bad 1st impression. With his timing whether it was intentional or mistake. And the outburst on the field.

[quote name="steele curtain" post="859846" timestamp="1285683689"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thank you......somebody got it right.

[quote name="EagleEyes" post="859035" timestamp="1285603984"]
[quote author=pops47 link=topic=73442.msg858963#msg858963 date=1285598003]
[/quote]

I know it wasn't going to take long before certain people would start playing the blame game and pointing fingers to the previous staff. Move on!!!! Don't know what you’re talking about leaving kids on offense or defense and not letting them compete for a job. Most all kids had to play both ways on the sub-varsities’ because we had many teams: A/B Teams; even a C team (some years) for each the 7th and 8th grade. Then you have 2 fresh teams, a soph and JV team - so I believe your complaint about kids not having a chance to play what they wanted or play either offense or defense is invalid and holds no truth. They had no choice….We also preached and based our sub-varsity programs on participation along with winning. Most kids that aren’t playing is due to the fact that they didn’t want to put in the hard work it takes to be a “Barbers Hill Football Player.” It’s so much easier going home after school and getting on the computer, playing play-station or X-box.

Moving on I defended last year’s staff when people were complaining about the offense, I’ll defend this year’s staff as well. Any offense will work when it is executed: meaning PLAYERS have to block, catch, run with the ball without fumbling, run the correct routes, tackle and so forth. I’m sure these coaches are coaching our kids to do that so it’s up to them to execute.

Also about missing the national anthem and the pre-game prayer and dedication, enough – [b]in no way do I believe that was purposely done[/b].

Support the kids, coaches, program and quit complaining. Negativity breeds negativity – our kids get on here and read these post, it’s so bad for the morale of the team.

[/quote]

That absolutely does not matter.  There is NO EXCUSE EVER for a team to miss the National Anthem!  JMO and I will not "just drop it." 

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="859885" timestamp="1285686337"]
[quote author=steele curtain link=topic=73442.msg859846#msg859846 date=1285683689]
[/quote]
Staying inside and missing the moment of silence for Reggie was not intentional I assure you.  Coach Gage and the rest of Barbers Hill have much more respect for others than that.  As for stayiing in the Tunnel until after the National Anthem was complete actually shows "VERY MUCH CLASS".  It had already started and out of respect for flag and country I am sure the team did not want to come running out onto the field while it was being played.  Should they have done otherwise?  That would be very disrespectful IMHO.
[/quote][/quote]

I am sure they didn't intend to miss the tribute and waiting to run out is respectful after the fact. The problem was being late in the first place, none of this would have been an issue if they would have been out on the field when they were supposed to. That said, it hardly makes a difference now. i wouldn't imagine it will happen again.

BTW: Over the years I have noticed that we started without Crosby being ready several times, not sure why they don't come out on time. Stewart is a stickler for starting on time maybe they think it gets to him.

[quote name="bronco1" post="859897" timestamp="1285686936"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=73442.msg859885#msg859885 date=1285686337]
[quote author=steele curtain link=topic=73442.msg859846#msg859846 date=1285683689]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I am sure they didn't intend to miss the tribute and waiting to run out is respectful. The problem was being late in the first place, noe of this would have been an issue if they would have been out on the field when they were supposed to. That said, it hardly makes a difference now. i wouldn't imagine it will happen again.

BTW: Over the years I have noticed that we started without Crosby being ready several times, not sure why they don't come out on time. Stewart is a stickler for starting on time maybe they think it gets to him.

Thank you......somebody got it right.
[/quote]
[/quote]

IMO, it's gotta be one coaches' job to make sure that the team is out on time. Post somebody up watching the clock. It seems like folks think the anthem starts when the countdown clock hits zero.... but that's when kickoff is...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder