Barbers Hill Coaches

SETEXFan

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote author=SETEXFan link=topic=73442.msg856100#msg856100 date=1285384512]
They should not have been talking crap about the Dayton coaches and players.  They talked about putting 30 points on Dayton because Dayton runs a gimmick defense.....

Who's name are they going to put on the tires now!!!!!!!!

It could have been 75 - 0.  Remember that 2 touchdowns got called back and that the 2nd string was in the game before the start of the fourth.  Didn't know the BH staff were flapping lips, if it's true, then this trip to the woodshed should teach a pretty good lesson.

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="856207" timestamp="1285385896"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=73442.msg856199#msg856199 date=1285385728]
Well B. H. ran the Queer aka the Spread and couldn't get past the 2nd round.  Since you think the spread option is so old timey, tell that to the Naval Academy and Georgia Tech....
[/quote]
I will, navy and GT haven't done anything this year
[/quote]
Both only lost once.  Plus AFA and the Navy are smaller than their D1 counterparts......

[quote name="SFA85" post="856213" timestamp="1285386055"]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=73442.msg856207#msg856207 date=1285385896]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=73442.msg856199#msg856199 date=1285385728]
Well B. H. ran the Queer aka the Spread and couldn't get past the 2nd round.  Since you think the spread option is so old timey, tell that to the Naval Academy and Georgia Tech....
[/quote]
I will, navy and GT haven't done anything this year
[/quote]
Both only lost once.  Plus AFA and the Navy are smaller than their D1 counterparts......
[/quote]
which is 1 more loss than Texas has, HOOKEM!!!!!

Trust me I will.  The three academies all run a varied version of the spread option/wingbone and it suits them fairly well.  The reasoning from the "athletic directors" at the academies is "it's a simple offense that allows us to be effective and competetive with our limited practice time as compared to other D1 programs.  We can have an effective offense because it's all based around one play.  We feel other teams don't see this offense enough anymore to effectively scheme it with one week to prepare and we can practice a smaller number of plays and more effectively execute them."  Point is it was a good offense back in the day against less athletic front 7's but apparently doesn't work as well against "gimmick" defenses.

[quote name="rollinac" post="856255" timestamp="1285386816"]
Trust me I will.  The three academies all run a varied version of the spread option/wingbone and it suits them fairly well.  The reasoning from the "athletic directors" at the academies is "it's a simple offense that allows us to be effective and competetive with our limited practice time as compared to other D1 programs.  We can have an effective offense because it's all based around one play.  We feel other teams don't see this offense enough anymore to effectively scheme it with one week to prepare and we can practice a smaller number of plays and more effectively execute them."  Point is it was a good offense back in the day against less athletic front 7's but apparently doesn't work as well against "gimmick" defenses.
[/quote] Rollinac is back ! Always good to get your take on the Bronco's !

Haha yea sorry for the hiatus....moved over here to Missouri City and finally got settled in enough to check on the scores.  Almost fell out of my chair when I saw Dayton was 0-3.  Saw game 1 against Elkins and the offense looked ok but turnovers were the undoing.  I figured they'd have it together enough to beat Angleton and/or Eisenhower.  Missed the 1st half but finally got to hear Wadzeck's call tonight right after half.  Not getting to see the boys in person anymore kinda sucks but Ripkowski sure looks like one heckuva stud.

[quote name="rollinac" post="856284" timestamp="1285387776"]
Haha yea sorry for the hiatus....moved over here to Missouri City and finally got settled in enough to check on the scores.  Almost fell out of my chair when I saw Dayton was 0-3.  Saw game 1 against Elkins and the offense looked ok but turnovers were the undoing.  I figured they'd have it together enough to beat Angleton and/or Eisenhower.  Missed the 1st half but finally got to hear Wadzeck's call tonight right after half.  Not getting to see the boys in person anymore kinda sucks but Ripkowski sure looks like one heckuva stud.
[/quote] Our defense is extra special this year and Rip is a monster LB and every QB's night-mare as well as #65 D. Wright its going to be a fun season you really need to make it to some of the games though .

Guest bleed orange
What about the big picture? Maybe BH does not have the talent. Orangefield does not, but our coach is turning boys into men. Sometimes it is not about wins. It is about life in the world we live in. Lesson are taught in the game of football that cannot be taught in the class room. Some kids are not college material.  Football is all some of them have. Give the coaches a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When the talent is there you guys will praise the head coach.  Typical!!!!!!!!!

Guest bleed orange
Most of these kids are not going to the next level. That being said, sometimes life lesson are more important. Hard work and team work are the key. Sports teach you life skills that you cannot learn from every field.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="856393" timestamp="1285390345"]
What about the big picture? Maybe BH does not have the talent. Orangefield does not, but our coach is turning boys into men. Sometimes it is not about wins. It is about life in the world we live in. Lesson are taught in the game of football that cannot be taught in the class room. Some kids are not college material.  Football is all some of them have. Give the coaches a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When the talent is there you guys will praise the head coach.  Typical!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Gage behaved very poorly.  He was very demonstrative.  He bumped into officials.  He screamed, yelled, and through temper tantrums when things didn't go his way.  Part of turning boys into men is showing them how to handle adversity.  In my opinion, he set a poor example, maybe he will apologize to his kids for the way he acted.  I was not on the BH sideline, but it sure looked embarrassing from where I was sitting.  Nobody likes taking a whooping like that one, at least Dayton played the subs and stuck to running the ball after the game got out of hand.  I wonder if Gage would have done the same.

I didn't see him bump the official.  Was running the young-one on a potty break.  Did see the other official toss a flag because Gage was standing just over the blue strip (not even in the field of play).  The refs in this game sucked worse than any game I have ever watched, and they sucked against both sides.  I thought it would be 2AM before the game would finish.

Well, my original prediction was BH would not score and get no more than 5 first downs.  Was not far off.  Again, no chance in haties this offense works without some VERY SPEACIAL running backs.  We don't have anything even close to a good running back, much less 3.  We do have a few very good receivers, but when a QB never throws and a receiver never catches, how they gonne get any better?  Pathetic excuse for a game plan with 2 weeks to prepare.   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder