Bulldogs add QB, lose star tackle

KFDM COOP

I personally think this boys parents should have told him to suck it up. You're not always going to be happy with all of your co-workers in the real world, you just have to learn to work with them. I guess they are prepared to support him at thirty when he quits his job because they promoted someone to supervisor that he doesn't like.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest diehardbaseballmom
my question is this...Dionte was QB in the beginning so why did Lack all of a sudden have a problem when he returned? Everyone knows that once an injured starter is recuperated he's usually going to go into his original position. I admire the boys for voicing their opinions and trying to work things out themselves. Life lessons CAN being taught in the locker room. It's sad these parents let their kid quit instead of weather the storm with the kids he's played with all these years! You're not always going to like your teachers, coaches, co workers, or boss but you can't just walk away every time!!!

He is a kid.  Most kids these days, you cannot get them to put the phone down, it just kills them.  If he is texting on the sideline, thats a coaches area or his parent to handle. If someone asked him to pose for a pic and he said no , not during a game,  how many would blast him for thinking he as too good to take a pic, when he is not in uniform.  Both of the boys are kids,they make mistakes, we all need to remember that. 

[quote name="mfd814" post="854281" timestamp="1285257472"]
He is a kid.  Most kids these days, you cannot get them to put the phone down, it just kills them.  [b]If he is texting on the sideline, thats a coaches area or his parent to handle[/b]. If someone asked him to pose for a pic and he said no , not during a game,  how many would blast him for thinking he as too good to take a pic, when he is not in uniform.   Both of the boys are kids,they make mistakes, we all need to remember that. 
[/quote]
Good points, but I understand it to be that nobody is handling it (see bold above). Herein lies the problem. Others feel a double standard for the guy with the tattoo that reads "The Chosen One"! ;)

Every team has seniors on them.i was speaking of senior leadership.None of this would have ended up like this if there were true senior leadership they would have worked it out . never the less we will read in the paper every time they have differences i guess. really a shame .i lived here for 30 something years and have never seen such a thing nor do i expect to see this again unless its from this group.

I still find it funny that posters on here are making comments that have no validity to them at all. The story in the paper clearly stated the FORNEY went to the coach. He also went to the coach based on what he was told, not what he heard. The players in question nor their dad's approached Neumann about this. This was a discussion that took place on the practice field between players only that got blown out of proportion.

Talked to some players on the team and it was brought up and talked about one time the day before the article came out. Since that team discussion, the team and coaching staff has focused on one thing and one thing only and that is beating Vidor. The only thing keeping it alive is this board. Mainly because we are all at work and have nothing better to do.  :)

You are so right roughrider.... but its hard to sit and say nothing when someone is inadvertainly dissing your team.  If the boys that had the problem had spoken up to others on the team besides just themselves then maybe the other Senior leaders would have been able to by-pass all this crap.

RR and dogs 2x2 you are both right...the only thing keeping this alive is this board and that is why I have stayed away from further comment because I think it only perpetuates the situation...it is difficult though when so many of the comments made are (let me put this politely if I can) severely uninformed and grossly exaggerated...( that sounds better than ignorant, don't it?)

[quote name="pngfan66" post="852838" timestamp="1285084537"]
THis should have been kept hush hush in my opinion. Stayed in house. This could have leaked from the players family who decided to quit. Just a thought. Things like this should never get this far and I feel the PA news shouldn't have published this article. It just causes a mole hill to turn into a mountain and creates problems for the coach and the players. No team needs distractions in the season. The PA news should have published something or a big tribute to Garrett from WOS. I am a NDN and I feel for the Bulldogs team right now to have to deal with this mess.
[/quote]

Wow - you would hope after the events of last week at WOS folks would see the bigger picture in life. As we read this post lets remember Skippers post - always hug our kids and tell them we love them! That is what we should be worried about right now, not petty stuff but big stuff like what is the legacy we leave our kids. Sports teach you about life, not other way around! Very heavy hearted right now after reading this article on top of the Reggie news.

I played and started under Neumann for two years and most of these players because i was a senior and they were sophomores and to hear about stuff like this makes me mad and everyone else i played with agrees. Larry Neumann is by far the best coach i ever had and the stuff he says and does as a coach puts everyone to shame due to the fact he loves his players more than you can imagine, but at the same time he's not gonna baby you and he is gonna get in your butt and he plays to win (he IS a coach, that's his job right?). The way this whole thing is laid out makes him look terrible which makes me more mad than anything. I could go on for days about people i hated on my team and we would fight outside of football. But when it came time for friday we all played together. We didnt quit because "so-and-so" was starting. I dont care if Dionte isnt the best leader on the team. Why dont YOU be that leader and dont go quit on your team.

[quote name="akifan94" post="854435" timestamp="1285267898"]
I still find it funny that posters on here are making comments that have no validity to them at all. The story in the paper clearly stated the FORNEY went to the coach. He also went to the coach based on what he was told, not what he heard. The players in question nor their dad's approached Neumann about this. This was a discussion that took place on the practice field between players only that got blown out of proportion.
[/quote]

I still find it funny that so many posters... especially so many of our "buddies" from across the track have taken this opportunity to beat the ever lovin stuffin out of our community, our school district, our coaches integrity... the list goes on.  Man that's funny stuff.  Thanks for all the classy posts on this topic people... thank you.  Did anyone ever like the friendly rivalry anyway???

[quote name="Penny" post="854824" timestamp="1285300725"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=73268.msg854435#msg854435 date=1285267898]
[/quote]

I still find it funny that so many posters... especially so many of our "buddies" from across the track have taken this opportunity to beat the ever lovin stuffin out of our community, our school district, our coaches integrity... the list goes on.  Man that's funny stuff.  Thanks for all the classy posts on this topic people... thank you.  Did anyone ever like the friendly rivalry anyway???
[/quote]

No I hate Nederland.  ;D

[quote name="neddog69" post="854560" timestamp="1285283823"]
I played and started under Neumann for two years and most of these players because i was a senior and they were sophomores and to hear about stuff like this makes me mad and everyone else i played with agrees. Larry Neumann is by far the best coach i ever had and the stuff he says and does as a coach puts everyone to shame due to the fact he loves his players more than you can imagine, but at the same time he's not gonna baby you and he is gonna get in your butt and he plays to win (he IS a coach, that's his job right?). The way this whole thing is laid out makes him look terrible which makes me more mad than anything. I could go on for days about people i hated on my team and we would fight outside of football. But when it came time for friday we all played together. [b]We didnt quit because "so-and-so" was starting.[/b] I dont care if Dionte isnt the best leader on the team. Why dont YOU be that leader and dont go quit on your team.
[/quote]

Lack didn't quite because Dionte was starting.  He quit because of the way Neuman spoke to him.  Neuman denies, but football coaches are not known for being gentle lambs;  "they get in your butt."  If Neuman had handled the situation differently from the very beginning when Dionte came crybabying to him, we would not be having this discussion now and Lack would still be a Bulldog.

We all teach our children to stand up for themselves when they feel they've been wronged.  Lack feels Neuman wronged him, probably because he loved Neuman as a coach, not because Neuman was starting Dionte.  The kid is entitled to his opinion and he didn't go whining to the coach about it.  Dionte went to Neuman on hearsay.  It happens.  He did what he and every other kid is taught to do.  He stood up.  You may not agree with how he went about it, but that is immaterial.  He, like everyone else, must learn from his own actions.  Whether this one will eventually bite him in the butt, I don't know, but it's not for any of us to judge.

In the end, Neuman is the one culpable because he is the adult in this situation.

I think this thread is done.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="855235" timestamp="1285361596"]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=73268.msg854915#msg854915 date=1285332746]
MODERATORS please remove this topic.  This is getting out of hand.
[/quote]
MODERATORS please remove this FORUM. How about just remove SETXsports.com while you are at it.
[/quote]

Hey Dumb Arse!  You don't have to be on here.  If it pains you to that extent why don't you just pick up your little balls and go home.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder