Breaking News: WO-S Quarterback Reggie Garrett Dies During Football Game

KFDM COOP

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="FOOTBALLFEVER99" post="850273" timestamp="1284830066"]
What a tragedy. Words cannot describe the sadness I feel for a young man I never met but feel I knew..My prayers go out to his family. classmates,and team for this horrible loss. May God give all of you strength during this time of difficulty. Thank you God for the time this young man was with all of them, and the the lifetime impact he was able to inspire in all that knew him. Now he is walking hand and hand with you on streets of gold. God bless! This really puts football and life in perspective.
[/quote]

I was reading this thread through flowing tears, trying to think of what to say...but I think you said it very well. God bless...

I have been trying to deal with this tragady all weekend,without much luck.Came to work this morning and was not going to get on the board...didn't want to deal with it so to speak.Glad I did.Some of the stories and post have helped.
I can't begin to know the pain the family is going through,the teammates and coaches.Prayers and may God be with you at this time.

[quote name="GUNHO" post="851062" timestamp="1284904689"]
I have been trying to deal with this tragady all weekend,without much luck.Came to work this morning and was not going to get on the board...didn't want to deal with it so to speak.Glad I did.Some of the stories and post have helped.
I can't begin to know the pain the family is going through,the teammates and coaches.Prayers and may God be with you at this time.

[/quote]

I feel you Gun... I thought that I would wake up this morning and I would feel better... I don't. Gonna take a while my friend.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="851078" timestamp="1284906441"]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=73114.msg851062#msg851062 date=1284904689]

[/quote]

I feel you Gun... I thought that I would wake up this morning and I would feel better... I don't. Gonna take a while my friend.
[/quote]

Gas, J Simar and I are going to start a scholarship fund. We have some ideas but I think it would be good to get you involved. If nothing else I will fund it for this year myself. I would like for it to be more than that and we have a plan. What do you think? Like I said I will make it happen this year for sure.

We are just coming back from out of town and just getting access to the forum. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Garrett family and the WOS community. We didn't know Reggie personally but after reading all the posts it was definately our loss to not have. He obviously touched many lives. 

[quote name="td" post="851124" timestamp="1284910559"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=73114.msg851078#msg851078 date=1284906441]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=73114.msg851062#msg851062 date=1284904689]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gas, J Simar and I are going to start a scholarship fund. We have some ideas but I think it would be good to get you involved. If nothing else I will fund it for this year myself. I would like for it to be more than that and we have a plan. What do you think? Like I said I will make it happen this year for sure.
[/quote]

It sounds good T. I will call you tomorrow.

I have heard what a great student and how intelligent Reggie was.  I have heard and witnessed what a great athlete he was.  I have heard nothing but positive things (even before his death) about his character and the person he was.  We can't choose how smart we will be or how gifted we will be athletically but we can make the right choices and choose to be the best person we can be and I applaude Reggie for being the person he was.  I have had some friends when I was younger and have known some young people later on that have met a tragic end because of bad choices and that was hard to deal with.  This is especially hard because this young man made the right choices and his choices did not affect his end.  I have prayed and will continue to pray for Reggie's family, friends, classmates, teammates, coaches and Mustang fans.  I was only a fan in the stands and am hurting, so I will not pretend to know the grief those close to him are going through but do know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Unbeleivably terrible and tragic, i hear about this Friday night on a Dallas radio station on my way to Lake Fork to fish a tournament and could not beleive what i had just heard and have been thinking of it every since. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family,friends and the entire WOS Mustang community. May Gob Bless his soul  :'(

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="851470" timestamp="1284932429"]
Remembering Reggie Garrett Photo Gallery

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/multimedia/content/Remembering_Reggie_Garrett.html
[/quote]

I love the photos of him and his friend/receiver. 

(I thought this would be slightly easier by today...but it's not)  God bless his family and friends and comfort them .

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder