Jasper at West Orange-Stark Game Thread/Post updates/PRAYERS PLEASE!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rykerx144
[size=14pt]Thoughts and prayers to Garrett family, friends, the whole WOS program and Commuity.  Very tragic thing that happened tonight and me and my family wish you well, and God be with you during these tough times. 

I also wanted to say that thoughts go out to one of our own.  Despite any differences we might have my thoughts were with you tonite Kerry (COOP).  I know what this program, the coaches, and most importantly these kids mean to you and I know it has to be tough.  Again I am sorry for your lose and God Bless!![/size]

Matthew 5:4
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Psalm 9:9
The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

Lord Jesus we pray for guidance, understanding, peace, and comfort for this family and WOS school district.  

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not rely on your own understanding.

From one parent to another May God keep and protect you in this sad sad time.

Ryker is right Kerry.  You are one of the first that I though of when hearing about this.  Hang in there and know that we all here at setxsports are behind the family, you and the entire community of WOS and Orange!  We are all in this boat together.

I think we all can relate to this verse at this time

[b]There is a friend who sticketh closer than a brother.  Porverbs 18:24[/b] 

This sucks. I hate this for his family, friends, the community of Orange and SETX. I was actually coming down to see this kid play along with Roberts and Ford from Kville when they play. I know alot of folks thinking right now why did this happen and questioning it. I take it as if the young man did 200% of what God wanted him to do here and it was time to go home. It's a sad time and its gonna hurt for a long time. This is right up there when the famous rapper from my hometown Chad Butler passed so i know how it feels. Took me a little while to get passed it. SETX lost a great kid tonight but i never question what the man up above has in-store. I know this is a cliche` but he is in a better place and will never be hurt. Like i said before its gonna suck for a long while but with the strength of the community everyone will get through it.

God bless the Garrett family, WO-S community and the city of Orange and everyone affected in SETX.

More prayers from Kirbyville.  Such a tragedy.  May the grace of God and the comfort of the Holy Spirit be with Reggie's family tonight and the days and months to come. As for the rest of us, it sure puts things in perspective.  If you have children, hug them often, praise them more, and make sure they know Jesus.  We never know when our time will come.  Again, my prayers are with the family of Mr. Garrett. 

Let me say thanks to the Jasper coaches and players. They showed so much class and compassion to our coaches and mostly to our players. This is a very difficult time for the players and the entire student body. I hope we have counseling available for these kids next week.

The Mustang family lost a family member tonight and we will never forget. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I'm sure the family appreciates it and I know the student body and the community does.

td

I never know what to say in a time like this. What can one say that can comfort the situation. It is such a tragic to loose a son, team mate, friend, at such an early age. God has his reasons but we cannot understand them. We just trust in God and believe that our loved one is now with him. I pray for Reggie, his family, and team mates that they can somehow accept this and know that God always has a plan. May God have mercey on his sole, may God bless his sole, and may his sole rest in peace.

I hope there is counceling at the school on Monday and that the kids can cope with this situation and that the team can again come together. Keep up the good faith guys.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder