West Hardin at Hardin, predictions?

Joharr73

Guest johnsmith1982
West Hardin @ Hardin for the Hornets Homecoming game.  Should be farely interesting. I would be lying if I thought the Oilers could hang with the Hornets, but I dont think it will be a blowout by any means.

Hardin 45
West Hardin 26

Guest johnsmith1982
Does anyone have the History/Record between these two schools. I'm only aware of West Hardin actually beating Hardin twice maybe?? in the twenty five years of my living in this area.

There used to be a compiled list of all the area football teams records, but I'm unable to get onto the website.

I'm sure that Hardin thought it would be an easy game when they selected West Hardin to be their Homecoming game, but I don't think it will be easy for either team.

If I can get that information about the all time records between the 2 schools, I'll post it.

Guest johnsmith1982
I don't believe Coach Haynes scheduled West Hardin for Homecoming simply because it was an easy game on the schedule. Hardin has always made a close rival the "Homecoming game". So many families and friends linked together in this 10 mile radius that it makes for an exciting event. So, if indeed WOS grad has the Rival records correct- Hardin leading the series 28-12, would be reason enough for any school to desire a game in which the statistics are favorable for themselves. Taking nothing away from West Hardin, they are a good squad and have been in previous years.

WOS grad - What is the Hardin vs. Hull-Daisetta history ?????
If I had to guess it would be Hull-Daisetta with more wins (30-15)

[quote name="johnsmith1982" post="839761" timestamp="1283698665"]
I don't believe Coach Haynes scheduled West Hardin for Homecoming simply because it was an easy game on the schedule. Hardin has always made a close rival the "Homecoming game". So many families and friends linked together in this 10 mile radius that it makes for an exciting event. So, if indeed WOS grad has the Rival records correct- Hardin leading the series 28-12, would be reason enough for any school to desire a game in which the statistics are favorable for themselves. Taking nothing away from West Hardin, they are a good squad and have been in previous years.

[/quote]

The series is quite lopsided in favor of H-D (44-7).  It is a series that dates back to the late 1940's.

http://texashsfootball.com/board/thsfpedia/index.php/Hardin

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="839805" timestamp="1283703472"]
[quote author=johnsmith1982 link=topic=72538.msg839761#msg839761 date=1283698665]

[/quote]

The series is quite lopsided in favor of H-D (44-7).  It is a series that dates back to the late 1940's.

http://texashsfootball.com/board/thsfpedia/index.php/Hardin
[/quote]

Let's hope that HD-55 doesn't read this!!!  ;D

[quote name="johnsmith1982" post="839761" timestamp="1283698665"]

[/quote]

Fair enough, I'm looking forward to a great game.  Best of luck to all these young men that play the game we love to watch.

Guest baseball25
Johar, hardin will blow them out, just like they did liberty. This is another rivarly game and hardin will be ready to go in this game, going to
be tough to stop James and hall

I believe hardin will win the game Friday and they should they have more talent and depth than WH does this year but this is a good game for the oilers to go out there and play a team that will expose their weaknesses and hopefully get better from this game. And its a good game for hardi. To work on some things also that they are going to need later on this year. But that being said this is a rivalry game and anything can happen

Guest johnsmith1982
You might want to re-evaluate what you just said. It's not impossible for West Hardin to somehow, someway pull off an upset. But you believe they will do it by scoring 28 points. You really think Hardin will only score 3 times on their own field. Trust me, by no means are they the "greatest show on turf" but to HOLD that Offense to 20 points, is by far a stretch of the imagination. That will not happen, so I am going to continue on what I had previously predicted.

Hardin 45
W.Hardin 26

By the way, Tarkington is much better than you would expect.

Guest baseball25
Hardin score 34 on tarkington and had like 3 turnovers the first 3 possessions an still scored over 30, I promise Tarkington is way better than sabine pass and Warren and same goes for liberty they are way better than Sabine pass and Warren.....West hardin better score over 35 plus to win and I don't see that happening.

I don't know about 28, but i believe Hardin wins. The boys showed a lot of guts in Tarkington, never giving up and going 100% till the end. Tarkington was no slouch, they showed an equal amount of spirit and talent and suffered what had to be a heart break of a loss. Tarkington will win some more games this year, they beat a Huntington team that killed Liberty. But, this is also a rivalry game where anything can happen, so good luck to both teams!

[quote name="bushpilot" post="840719" timestamp="1283819118"]
I don't know about 28, but i believe Hardin wins. The boys showed a lot of guts in Tarkington, never giving up and going 100% till the end. Tarkington was no slouch, they showed an equal amount of spirit and talent and suffered what had to be a heart break of a loss. Tarkington will win some more games this year, they beat a Huntington team that killed Liberty. But, this is also a rivalry game where anything can happen, so good luck to both teams!
[/quote]
From what I've heard about that Tarkington game, if any of you Hardin fans need a nitro pill I'd be willing to sell ya one of mine.  ;) :D

i love it when the oilers come in as under dogs and prove to everyone that they are better than they have been over the past years. i do agree hardin is a great team but WH will surprise alot of people this year. i still think the oilers will pull off the upset.. the hornets shouldnt over look them and think that they dont have talent cause they do indeed have talent. if they get to big headed the oilers will take advantage of that.

Oilers-26
Hardin-24

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin