West Hardin at Hardin, predictions?

Joharr73

Guest johnsmith1982
Could not agree more Oilerfan. No need for the Hornets to get big headed. I believe the focus will be on the game, for several reasons. Homecoming, close rivalry between two small Liberty county schools. Hardin's last game before District starting, and a wake-up call from last week's performance in Tarkington. Holding the Hardin offense to less than 40 points is the KEY for West Hardin. Question remains the same just as in all the Hardin vs. W.Hardin games- Does W.Hardin have enough speed to hang with the Spread offense Hardin brings to the table.

My question is, other than 2006--- When was the LAST West Hardin victory vs. the Hornets???
Wosgrad says the series is 28-12 advantage Hardin. Does anyone want to educate me here, because I can't think of a West Hardin victory since the 1980's TO present day other than 2006, Ironically enough a Homecoming game "as well".

From what I've heard about that Tarkington game, if any of you Hardin fans need a nitro pill I'd be willing to sell ya one of mine.  ;) :D
[/quote]
Raideroldtimer, I was sitting on the Tarkington side, and I needed your nitro pill.  But I want to compliment the Hornet fans.  More than a few greeted Tarkington players and told them "Good game."  Class!

[quote name="johnsmith1982" post="840853" timestamp="1283825526"]
My question is, other than 2006--- When was the LAST West Hardin victory vs. the Hornets???
Wosgrad says the series is 28-12 advantage Hardin. Does anyone want to educate me here, because I can't think of a West Hardin victory since the 1980's TO present day other than 2006, Ironically enough a Homecoming game "as well".
[/quote]

2006  WH-26 & H-24

2004  WH-26 & H-20

1992  WH-30 & H-0

1992  WH-23 & H-14

1987  WH-41 & H-14

[quote name="johnsmith1982" post="840359" timestamp="1283792130"]
You might want to re-evaluate what you just said. It's not impossible for West Hardin to somehow, someway pull off an upset. But you believe they will do it by scoring 28 points. You really think Hardin will only score 3 times on their own field. Trust me, by no means are they the "greatest show on turf" but to HOLD that Offense to 20 points, is by far a stretch of the imagination. That will not happen, so I am going to continue on what I had previously predicted.

Hardin 45
W.Hardin 26

[glow=red,2,300]By the way, Tarkington is much better than you would expect.[/glow]
[/quote]

While I believe Hardin runs away with this game, the fact that we outscored Tarkington 7 td's to none (49-0) in the scrimmage 3 weeks ago says the Hornets fans may want to re-evaluate their expectations as district play gets closer.  Best of luck!

[quote name="bushpilot" post="841292" timestamp="1283885741"]
I'm one of those that doesn't put a lot of weight on scrimmages, Kelly didn't look good at all against Hardin in their scrimmage yet they killed EC the other night. Does that mean Hardin will kill EC, I doubt it. So you just never know
[/quote]

Can't argue with that...

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="841294" timestamp="1283885939"]
[quote author=bushpilot link=topic=72538.msg841292#msg841292 date=1283885741]
I'm one of those that doesn't put a lot of weight on scrimmages, Kelly didn't look good at all against Hardin in their scrimmage yet they killed EC the other night. Does that mean Hardin will kill EC, I doubt it. So you just never know :)
[/quote]

Can't argue with that...
[/quote]

But for the record Anafanatic, I don't want any of Anahuac right now!  :)

Guest johnsmith1982
Yeah, I think it is time for things to begin to change back to the way it USE to be. Not a fan of recollecting on the past, but It sure would be nice for Hardin to regain that superiority over Anahuac that it had for nearly a decade. I remember being in school, and looking forward to Anahuac, because if there was one game on the schedule that had a WIN beside it, it was that one. How things have changed in the last few years. Hats off to Anahuac, but I am sure hoping things begin to change starting with THIS YEAR. Especially since it is the last game of the season, and at HOME. We are quite a ways out from that game, but I believe much will RIDE on the outcome of that game. Back to present day, GO GET'em Hornets!!! Give the Oilers all they can handle.

Guest HardinHornets
Let's go Hornets. Nothing more exciting than a little Friday night Football under the lights @ Hornets Stadium. Come out fans from both communities and support these wonderful kids participating in this Homecoming event.

i belivehardin will only be able 2 pass the ball on the oilers they can not run on that "D" but they can pass all night long...i think WH will put up a better fight then what hardin thinks tho...but who knows now that the oilers have Coach Atkinson aka. "Coach A" back on the side line he is a smart enough coach to keep things close

H-35
WH-28

if oilers can some how shut down hardins pass WH wins BIG (but i don't see that happening)

Guest HardinHornets
The words of small-town-kid (Hardin will not be able to RUN on West Hardin's Defense).

We shall see if the Hardin Hornets can RUN/PASS on the big boys from Batson tomorrow night.

Maybe suprised when it's all said and done. Hardin by 4 touchdowns.

[quote name="incognito123" post="842388" timestamp="1284046943"]
Anyone have info on Ashton Moss of WH?  I do not have him on my roster, looking for a number and grade.  Looks like quite the player
[/quote]

He's a senior QB, #8.  He's in that picture/roster I sent you, but he's not listed for some reason.

• 1 month later...
[quote name="incognito123" post="842388" timestamp="1284046943"]
Anyone have info on Ashton Moss of WH?  I do not have him on my roster, looking for a number and grade.  Looks like quite the player
[/quote]
Ashton is quite the player, All around great athlete, If he had some protection on his team he could of brought them out of a slump. He can throw a ball & run with the best of them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder