20-4A after 4 district games who ya got?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bojangles" post="846183" timestamp="1284358890"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=72455.msg845662#msg845662 date=1284327395]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=72455.msg845660#msg845660 date=1284327236]
1)  PN-G
2)  LC-M
3)  Livingston
4)  Lumberton
[/quote]explaination?
[/quote]

haha after you explain why Lumberton wont be in.....

1) PN-G needs no explanation, they have played closely, 2 teams better than most in 20-4a...they just have "it" they are the team everyone wants to beat, but few admit it
2) Lumberton can score all night long with the best of em, and defense is bending, but not breaking. Dont have to kill people, a W is a W. Once the injury Bug leaves town and Ltrain is full strength again, will be tough to beat.
3)LCM is scoring at will, D is suspect, but kind of irrelevant against the several inferior opponents in the district this year...(Ozen, Vidor, Central  ;)
4)Livingston or Ned, really dont know about either

[/quote]

LCM will not stop Ozen or Central! This district is wide open for the taking. Both Beaumont schools will be right in the thick of it. The only inferior thing is LCM's defense and Lumberton's their strength of schedule so far.

A Break Down So Far in order of record and Alphabetic

LCM 3-0
Record of teams played (1-7). LCM has given up 91 Pts.
Livingston 2-0
Record of teams played (0-5). A struggling young 3A and a Houston team...Nuff said.
Lumberton 3-0
Record of teams played (3-5). Two 3A's and BHill.
Central 1-2
Record of teams played (7-2). -86 pts in two losses to good 5A's and a win against a bad Ball team (anyone who watched Balls backup QB heave passes up to whoever was around understands).
Nederland 1-2
Record of teams played (2-6). Where WOS has proven it's legit, GCM has proven it's not! BH?? Really??
PNG 1-2
Record of teams played (6-3). 3 points is the differnce in being 3-0. GP has given up a total of 16 pts in it's other two games against power Callallen and 5A Carroll.
Ozen 1-2
Record of teams played (7-2). -42 pts in two losses to good 5A's and a win against a bad Houston Sterling team. Look better than Central so far!
Vidor 0-3
Record of teams played (8-1). Two 3A's and a good 4A.

Who I Got
1. PNG
2. LCM
3. Lumberton
4. Ozen
5. Livingston
6. Central
7. Nederland
8. Vidor

WELL  dont know now what to think lol. I know this district  is wide open and ripe for the taking lol.
I like pngs chances although we have serious issues that need to be addressed on both sides of the ball as well as special teams.
Lumberton and Lcm both look good right now. Ozen has speed speed speed. Central is getting back into the winning mix. Livingston i have no idea just have to wait and see. Vidor dont really know look very suspect to be the cellar dwellars  this year but who knows it is only the first game of district  so it is early. Nederland  i think will be alright once forney comes back as qb if that happens, i guess we will just have to wait and see

[quote name="Yeoj" post="846291" timestamp="1284386651"]
[quote author=bojangles link=topic=72455.msg846183#msg846183 date=1284358890]
1)  PN-G
2)  LC-M
3)  Livingston
4)  Lumberton
[/quote]explaination?
[/quote]

1) PN-G needs no explanation, they have played closely, 2 teams better than most in 20-4a...they just have "it" they are the team everyone wants to beat, but few admit it
2) Lumberton can score all night long with the best of em, and defense is bending, but not breaking. Dont have to kill people, a W is a W. Once the injury Bug leaves town and Ltrain is full strength again, will be tough to beat.
3)LCM is scoring at will, D is suspect, but kind of irrelevant against the several inferior opponents in the district this year...(Ozen, Vidor, Central  ;)

[/quote]

LCM will not stop Ozen or Central! This district is wide open for the taking. Both Beaumont schools will be right in the thick of it. The only inferior thing is LCM's defense and Lumberton's their strength of schedule so far.
[/quote]

Hmm, Lumberton's strength of schedule huh. Let's see Jasper, I'll give you that one although historically they are slow out of the gate. Barbers Hill, didn't they spank Nederland last Friday? Oh, and before someone says we played them without some of their starters, that went both ways as we had a couple starters out and lost one during the game as well. Silsbee, picked to make the playoffs in their district, won district champ last year against the team that pounded Nederland the first week. Dude, nobody says that Ozen and Central didn't play two very tough games to start the season with, in fact Ozen is making people notice, but face it, Central got blown out of both of their games and Galveston couldn't hold on to a ball if you super glued it to them. Yeah this district is up for grabs, but it definitely isn't gonna be the same old status quo this year.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="846373" timestamp="1284392929"]
1)  PN-G
2)  LC-M
3)  Livingston
4)  Lumberton
[/quote]

These teams sound about right so far, just not sure what order.  It seems like most people on this thread don't want to give Livingston any credit.... Why is that?
[/quote]
Simple. Livingston is so far removed and plays different pre-season opponents for the most part, so we don't know much about them until the 2nd or 3rd district game. Plus they don't have a history of being a really powerful team, just a good average team, that being said, they DO come out every time and surprise the heck out of one or two teams at least.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="846882" timestamp="1284430492"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=72455.msg846291#msg846291 date=1284386651]
1)  PN-G
2)  LC-M
3)  Livingston
4)  Lumberton
[/quote]explaination?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmm, Lumberton's strength of schedule huh. Let's see Jasper, I'll give you that one although historically they are slow out of the gate. Barbers Hill, didn't they spank Nederland last Friday? Oh, and before someone says we played them without some of their starters, that went both ways as we had a couple starters out and lost one during the game as well. Silsbee, picked to make the playoffs in their district, won district champ last year against the team that pounded Nederland the first week. Dude, nobody says that Ozen and Central didn't play two very tough games to start the season with, in fact Ozen is making people notice, but face it, Central got blown out of both of their games and Galveston couldn't hold on to a ball if you super glued it to them. Yeah this district is up for grabs, but it definitely isn't gonna be the same old status quo this year.
[/quote]Fact of the matter is that Brook and Memorial would have took turn wearing Lumberton out as well.  And Galveston Ball wasn't a bad team.  They are coached by David Suggs, the same coach when at Central  Blew Lumberton out the water.  Ball High fumbled because of pressure and intimidation... But we'll see what happens in this district...  The cream will float to the top...

You know, I was just looking at the district standing so far and a thought occurred to me.
Just think how shocked we'd all be if all the sudden come district time Vidor jumped up and Butch slapped every one of our teams.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Im just ready for all of it to unfold. Getting tired of people finding every way to discredit teams wins so far though, a W is a W right? you still have to show up, execute, and go get the win, so enough with the strength of schedule crap, its high school, teams are CONSTANTLY changing. U can scenario until you are blue in the face, oh they played them, but they played these guys uncles who beat up on these guys in laws, go home w that crap. The bias is completely apparent with very few exceptions. Stop acting like its embarassing or degrading to lose to certain teams, if a teeam played hard and beat you, give em credit, dont tell me about who was missing, or that they are a class under or above u, its stupid. And i have heard about all i can take of people bringing up losses from like 95-recent years, move on, take the letter jacket off and turn the page.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="846882" timestamp="1284430492"]
1)  PN-G
2)  LC-M
3)  Livingston
4)  Lumberton
[/quote]explaination?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmm, Lumberton's strength of schedule huh. Let's see Jasper, I'll give you that one although historically they are slow out of the gate. [color=red]Barbers Hill, didn't they spank Nederland last Friday?[/color] Oh, and before someone says we played them without some of their starters, that went both ways as we had a couple starters out and lost one during the game as well. Silsbee, picked to make the playoffs in their district, [color=red]won district champ last year against the team that pounded Nederland the first week.[/color] Dude, nobody says that Ozen and Central didn't play two very tough games to start the season with, in fact Ozen is making people notice, but face it, Central got blown out of both of their games and Galveston couldn't hold on to a ball if you super glued it to them. Yeah this district is up for grabs, but it definitely isn't gonna be the same old status quo this year.
[/quote]

SPANKED ..... POUNDED ...... geeze, why so many references to NEDERLAND??????? ..... sounds to me someone is worried about what Nederland is gonna do this year for you to use us as a comparison so much.... imo.

Oh btw, if you call losing by 7 points to BH a spanking, then it will be interesting to me to hear how future loses for the Raiders will be justified and defended. I bet spanked will be removed from the vocabulary choices won't it?

I wish upon the Raiders a sucessful season, as I do for all the teams in our district.  I hope that our DOGS will be more sucessful!!!!

[quote name="bojangles" post="847060" timestamp="1284444838"]
Im just ready for all of it to unfold. Getting tired of people finding every way to discredit teams wins so far though, a W is a W right? you still have to show up, execute, and go get the win, so enough with the strength of schedule crap, its high school, teams are CONSTANTLY changing. U can scenario until you are blue in the face, oh they played them, but they played these guys uncles who beat up on these guys in laws, go home w that crap. The bias is completely apparent with very few exceptions. Stop acting like its embarassing or degrading to lose to certain teams, if a teeam played hard and beat you, give em credit, dont tell me about who was missing, or that they are a class under or above u, its stupid. And i have heard about all i can take of people bringing up losses from like 95-recent years, move on, take the letter jacket off and turn the page.
[/quote]
LOL, Bojangles, if I could even find my letter jacket, it wouldn't even come CLOSE to fitting this fat old body of mine.  :D :D :D

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="847179" timestamp="1284477897"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=72455.msg846882#msg846882 date=1284430492]
1)  PN-G
2)  LC-M
3)  Livingston
4)  Lumberton
[/quote]explaination?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmm, Lumberton's strength of schedule huh. Let's see Jasper, I'll give you that one although historically they are slow out of the gate. [color=red]Barbers Hill, didn't they spank Nederland last Friday?[/color] Oh, and before someone says we played them without some of their starters, that went both ways as we had a couple starters out and lost one during the game as well. Silsbee, picked to make the playoffs in their district, [color=red]won district champ last year against the team that pounded Nederland the first week.[/color] Dude, nobody says that Ozen and Central didn't play two very tough games to start the season with, in fact Ozen is making people notice, but face it, Central got blown out of both of their games and Galveston couldn't hold on to a ball if you super glued it to them. Yeah this district is up for grabs, but it definitely isn't gonna be the same old status quo this year.
[/quote]

SPANKED ..... POUNDED ...... geeze, why so many references to NEDERLAND??????? ..... sounds to me someone is worried about what Nederland is gonna do this year for you to use us as a comparison so much.... imo.

Oh btw, if you call losing by 7 points to BH a spanking, then it will be interesting to me to hear how future loses for the Raiders will be justified and defended. I bet spanked will be removed from the vocabulary choices won't it?

I wish upon the Raiders a sucessful season, as I do for all the teams in our district.  I hope that our DOGS will be more sucessful!!!!
[/quote]
Dogs, the main point I was trying to make is that every time you turn around most people on here are constantly picking the teams who are currently 1-2 to take this district while implying that all 3 teams that are undefeated aren't very good, because of their defenses or their supposed strength of schedule, etc. The reason I pulled out the dogs is that WOS and Silsbee are in the same district and Silsbee actually won that district. It was [b]only[/b] to make a point. People need to start realizing, that the traditional front runners aren't going to always take the playoff spots as this is probably one of the most evenly matched districts in the state if you ask me. I'll say it right now.............PNG might actually NOT make the playoffs, CENTRAL might actually NOT make the playoffs, oh Lord, someone dig a hole, cover me with honey and let the ants loose, I said it.  :o

Here comes the fireworks.

[quote name="GoodwIN" post="846991" timestamp="1284434108"]
Hey, whats going on with central this year?
Are they young, or just playing good teams?
Also Ball isnt that Bad, their predicted to make the playoffs in 24-4A this year so congrates on the win. Sometimes all teams need is that 1 win
to get things going
[/quote]

Ball won't be anywhere near the playoffs!  You heard it here first.  :o

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="847397" timestamp="1284489785"]
[quote author=GoodwIN link=topic=72455.msg846991#msg846991 date=1284434108]
Also Ball isnt that Bad, their predicted to make the playoffs in 24-4A this year so congrates on the win. Sometimes all teams need is that 1 win
to get things going
[/quote]

Ball won't be anywhere near the playoffs!  You heard it here first.  :o
[/quote]
Watching them Saturday, they might have a hard time making 6-man playoffs even if they were still fielding 11.  :o
But actually they are Superbowl contenders and rated Top Ten in the nation, so Central beating them was like huge.

Can you tell I've actually gotten tired of people putting down mine and the other UNDEFEATED teams just to make themselves feel better about their 33% winning record? ::)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="847397" timestamp="1284489785"]
[quote author=GoodwIN link=topic=72455.msg846991#msg846991 date=1284434108]
to get things going
[/quote]

Ball won't be anywhere near the playoffs!  You heard it here first.  :o
[/quote]
And you heard it here second.

I've seen TC, FWood and Ball so far...TC and FWood are light years ahead of Ball. Not to mention Manvel, Lamarque, and even 3-0 Santa Fe. Ball will finish last in that district. They just got the prediction based on a drop from 5A.

[quote name="lionbaseball" post="847583" timestamp="1284502555"]
Everybody is downing Livingston I'm ready to see the other teams try to slow down our FAST offense or get up after are HARD HITTING defense tackles you.... And to relive the past the 2 teams everybody is talking up (central and ozen) Livingston beat last year and we are a year older!!!!
[/quote]Look up two posts there Lionbaseball and you'll see my feelings on that.  :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder